Please Note: This item is in stock and ready for despatch. Please note that it may not be on demonstration or available for immediate in-store collection.
Unique Angled Cabinet Design Blends In With External And Interior Décors
High-Grade Weatherproof Cabinets With Drip, Water And UV Resistance
Time-Aligned Woofer And Tweeter Placement
Flexible Installation Options
Powder-Coated Aluminium Speaker Grilles
About Yamaha NS-AW392
With the Yamaha NS-AW392 All Weather Speakers and their unique cabinet design you can enjoy excellent outdoor sound that you can trust to endure the harsh Australian weather. They are designed to seamlessly blend with a wide array of external and interior decors.
Whether you are relaxing in the garden, on the terrace, or by the pool, the experience is enhanced by music. Why limit the enjoyment of your hi-fi to inside the house when there are great opportunities to enjoy your favourite tunes in the great outdoors? This model has specially treated cabinets to resist harmful UV rays, and bare wire type connections and a swivel bracket. Yamaha outdoor speakers are an easy, stylish and surprisingly affordable way to bring the high-performance sound you enjoy indoors & outdoors. They're weather resistant; so install them outdoors and leave them there. With high grade UV resistant speaker cabinets and powder coated grilles these speakers are designed to ensure they stand the test of time. Note that we still recommend you install your outdoor speakers with some protection from the weather. Under Eaves is a good place. These speakers are 'weather-resistant' and not 'water-resistant'.
Super Audio Performance: Yamaha have a strong musical heritage, and our All-Weather range of speakers is designed to improve on this reputation. Your outdoor listening experience should be of a similar quality to that which you are accustomed to inside. Do not except a lesser experience; trust in Yamaha.
Simple, Elegant Design:These speakers have a clean, simple design that blends in with any home exterior; even present a tasteful appearance when used in an interior installation.
Wide Range of Installation Possibilities: The supplied brackets allow you to adjust the speakers to match the installation location. Supplied mounting brackets allow the speakers to be mounted on the wall or on the ceiling, with either end facing up, or even horizontally, with a 90° adjustment range. Here are some other features:
- Unique angled cabinet design blends in with external and interior décors
- Two-way acoustic suspension design
- High-grade weatherproof cabinets with special processing for drip, water and UV resistance
- Precise sound imaging supported by time-aligned woofer and tweeter placement
- Flexible installation options with supplied mounting brackets
- Weather resistant 5-way binding post speaker terminals
- Powder-coated aluminium speaker grilles
- Supplied rubber feet for desktop/bookshelf placement
- Wide range of applications for home theatres, small commercial spaces and public buildings
Our Take On The NS-AW392
The Yamaha All-Weather range was designed to fulfil the diverse needs of Australians who love to entertain both indoors and outdoors with versatile mounting options. The NS-AW392 is a small twin driver, 2-Way outdoor speaker and is ideal where you have a small entertainment area and need something for just background music outside. At 86dB efficiency (well below average) you will need a high-quality 50 to 120 Watt RMS per channel amplifier or AV Receiver, not so much for power as the NS-AW392's only handle an absolute maximum of 85 Watts RMS, but rather to minimise amplifier distortion and help prevent them being 'cooked'. They come with 5-way binding post speaker wire connectors which will accept either banana plugs; spades or bare wire. Our recommendation would be QED 42 strand as it is reasonably priced, can be run over long distances (up to 15 metres) and is resistant to oxidisation. If you wish to go further, then you could choose QED 79 strand cable.
Main Features & Specifications
- Design: 2-Way Outdoor Speaker Pair with Bracket
- Woofer: 1 x 130mm (5.1")) moisture-resistant cone
- Tweeter: 1 x 25mm (1”) fluid-cooled, coated balanced dome
- Frequency Response: 65 Hz–25 kHz
- Suitable Amplifier Power Range: 40 Watts - 120 Watts
- Maximum Input Power: 75 to 85 Watts RMS of ‘clean’ power
- Sensitivity: 86 dB
- Impedance (Nominal): 6 Ohms
- Speaker Wire Terminals: 5-way binding post speaker terminals
- Front Grilles: Powder-coated aluminium speaker grilles
- Bracket: Supplied brackets allow mounting on the wall or on the ceiling, with either end facing up, or even horizontally, with a 90° adjustment.
- Feet: Supplied rubber feet for desktop/bookshelf placement
- Moisture Proof: Rating IPx3
- Color: Black or White
- Dimensions (WxHxD): 170 x 273 x 136mm
- Net Weight: 1.8kg/unit
- Manufacturer’s Warranty: 2 Years
Note: Features & Specifications Subject To Change Without Notice. E&OE.