Yamaha CD-S303 CD Player
Please Note: This item is in stock and ready for despatch. Please note that it may not be on demonstration or available for immediate in-store collection.
Sophisticated Circuitry With High Quality Parts And Short Signal Paths
High Performance 24/192 DAC For Excellent Conversion Precision, S/N Ratio & Dynamic Range
Front Panel USB Input For MP3, WMA, LPCM, AAC & FLAC File Playback
Analogue And Digital Outputs
About The Yamaha CD-S303 CD Player
Yamaha’s CD-S303 Single Disc CD Player combines exceptional sound quality and easy operation at an affordable price with exclusive technology such as Pure Direct and Intelligent Digital Servo as part of the package. It also features a USB port for playback of music from media storage devices.
This affordable and high-performance CD player looks and sounds great when paired with Yamaha's other stereo or surround components, however, its high-end performance and features make it an excellent addition to any system. Inheriting many of the sound quality features of the high-end CD player components, the CD-S303 CD player delivers sound that will satisfy devoted music fans.
Designed to Deliver Enjoyable Sound Quality: Inheriting many of the sound quality features of the high-end CD player components, the CD-S303 CD player delivers sound that will satisfy devoted music fans. In addition to CDs, it also provides high-quality play of music files stored on USB memory devices via a USB port on the front panel.
Pure Direct: The CD-S303 offers Pure Direct, which is the same popular feature included in Yamaha amplifiers and receivers. By pressing the button on the front panel or on the remote control, it shuts down the digital audio output and turns off the display. This achieves the lowest possible noise interference and, therefore, the highest sound quality of the analogue audio output.
Extremely Sophisticated Circuitry & Layout: Yamaha technicians devoted a great deal of time and effort to designing the overall interior layout of parts and circuit boards, a factor that significantly affects sound quality. As a result, the power supplies for the motor drive, display and USB sections, as well as the digital, and analogue sections are individually isolated, eliminating electromagnetic interference among them. To achieve ideal weight balance for stable performance, the drive mechanism is located in the centre of the unit.
Short Signal Paths: The highly logical and symmetrical internal layout of parts and circuit boards are designed to keep the signal paths on each board as short as possible. This purposeful design also keeps the paths between sections straight and short, minimizing the chance of signal loss or interference, something not easy to achieve.
Well-Matched, High-Quality Parts: Each of the individual elements in a CD player influences the sound quality, which is why Yamaha puts a great deal of effort into the selection and matching of parts and materials. A high-grade acoustic capacitor, a new low-noise, high-gain bandwidth op amp and the use of damping material under the transformer and around the signal cables are just a few examples of the Yamaha commitment to great sound quality. In short, the CD-S303's internal sophistication is on a level generally found on much more expensive models.
High-Performance D/A Converter: Utilising a 192 kHz/24-bit DAC, the high-performance D/A conversion system takes full advantage of the digital technology refined by Yamaha over a period of many years, ensuring excellent conversion precision, S/N ratio and dynamic range.
Laser Pickup Floating Mechanism: The laser pickup is isolated on a floating mechanism so its delicate operation cannot be affected by vibration.
Intelligent Digital Servo: Conventional tracking servo circuitry cannot completely overcome errors caused by a warped disc, dust and other defects. This system uses a dependable DSP (Digital Signal Processor), exclusive for CDs, to monitor the signal, adjusting pickup tracking and focus, as well as spindle motor speed, to compensate for any problems.
Enjoy Your MP3, WMA, LPCM, AAC & FLAC Music: The USB port on the front panel gives you an easy way to enjoy high-quality sound from MP3, WMA, LPCM, AAC or FLAC digital music files stored on USB memory devices. You can also play files recorded on CD-R/RW discs. Please Note: The USB port supports files up to 24-bit/96kHz.
3-Mode CD Text Display: Information about the currently playing CD is shown right on the CD player’s display. The 3-mode CD Text display shows the CD’s title, the artist’s name and the title of the track.
Program Play (Audio CDs Only): It’s extremely easy to program the tracks you want to hear in any order. You can clear the program at any time with a single touch.
Our Take On The Yamaha CD-S303 CD Player
With a brushed aluminium front panel the CD-S303 is the perfect match for any of Yamaha's new stereo amplifiers and stereo receivers. The laser pickup is isolated on a floating mechanism so its delicate operation cannot be affected by minor vibrations. The CD-S303's sophisticated internal design has resulted in a richly detailed sound with engaging warmth and musicality. You can improve sound quality even further by selecting the Pure Direct mode, which turns off the front panel display and the digital audio output to eliminate sources of potential noise. Although reasonably priced, don't short-change the performance by using the 'freebie' type cables. Good analogue and digital cables are very affordable and will help deliver the maximum performance from this player.
Main Features & Specifications
- Design: Single Disc Remote Controlled CD Player
- Disc Compatibility: CDs, CD-Rs & CD-RWs
- USB Playback: MP3, WMA, LPCM, AAC and FLAC files
- DAC: High-performance 192kHz/24-bit DAC for precision conversion with low noise
- Frequency Response: 2Hz - 20kHz (CD)
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: 105 dB (CD)
- Dynamic Range: 96 dB (CD)
- Harmonic Distortion: 0.003% (CD)
- Pure Direct Mode: This shuts down the digital audio output and turns off the display to minimise noise and interference for enhanced sound quality
- Sound Design: Sophisticated circuitry and careful layout of parts with short signal paths to reduce any possible signal loss
- Intelligent Digital Servo: This circuit compensates for any disc errors for trouble-free playback
- Front-Panel Type A USB Port: Connect your USB device to play MP3, WMA, LPCM, AAC and FLAC files (supports files up to 24-bit/96kHz)
- Audio Outputs: Stereo Analogue RCA
- Digital Outputs: Optical & Coaxial Digital
- 10-Key direct track and direct access
- 3-mode CD Text display shows CD title, artist's name, and track name (on suitably encoded discs)
- Random play
- Repeat play (full/single)
- 3-Mode time display
- Dimmable display with 4 illumination levels
- Last track resume
- Ready Mode
- Play mode memory
- Remote Control Included
- Power Input: 220V - 240V 50Hz
- Power Lead: Basic Figure 8 power cable which can be upgraded
- RCA Cable: Basic stereo RCA cable which can be upgraded
- Available Colours: Black or Silver
- Dimensions (WxHxD): 435 x 86 x 260mm
- Nett Weight: 3.5kg
- Manufacturer's Warranty: 2 Years
Note: Features & Specifications Subject To Change Without Notice. E&OE.
- Yamaha A-S301 Stereo AmplifierSpecial Price $595.00 (Normally Regular Price $699.00 )
- Yamaha A-S701 Stereo Amplifier (Black)Special Price $1,195.00 (Normally Regular Price $1,495.00 )
- B&W 607 S2 Anniversary Edition SpeakersPriced from $999.00
- Acoustic Energy AE109 SpeakersPriced from $1,265.00
- REL T/5x SubwooferPriced from $1,399.00