Why Are So Many Items Out Of Stock? A worldwide microchip shortage and other pandemic-related challenges have slowed the supply of products in many industries. We are working with all our brands to replenish stock and fill backorders asap. The ETA listed is currently the best advice we have and may be subject to change as we receive updates. Thank you for your patience and for shopping at Audio Trends.
Simple To Use Yet Powerful Network Music Player
Can Link a Turntable or CD Player to Your Entire Sonos System
Enjoy Music Streaming Services like Spotify & Tidal, Internet Radio & Music
Amazon Alexa Voice Control Can Be Added To The Port, Click Here To Find Out How
Stock Due End Of August
About The Sonos Port
The Sonos Port is a modern reinterpretation of the long standing Sonos Connect. It can play music from streaming services and internet radio through your traditional stereo system or powered speakers. It can also connect a Turntable or CD player to the rest of your Sonos system so you can listen to your record or CD collection all over the house.
The world has changed since Sonos introduced the original Connect more than a decade ago. When the Connect was first introduced as the ZonePlayer ZP80 there were no smartphones and the idea of broadband internet and good wi-fi in your home was a brand new concept. These days, streaming music from online music services or internet radio is considered normal, whether at home or even on the go.
The Sonos Port is the replacement for the Connect. Interestingly it hasn't changed that much so obviously the Original Connect was a very well thought out piece of kit to begin with. Just to recap, the Connect, and now the Port, are music streaming devices that are primarily controlled from a smart phone, tablet or computer. The Connect had Play/Pause and Volume Up/Down controls, the Port has no controls of any kind. This means you will always need a smart device or computer handy to control what's going on. For most, this won't be a problem.
Like the Connect, the Port has no amplification on board and is designed to plug into either a traditional stereo system, with an amplifier or receiver, or alternatively into a pair of powered speakers. It can also be used as a hub to play an analogue source such as a Turntable or CD Player through the rest of your Sonos system wirelessly. Additionally the Port adds new tricks such as Apple Airplay 2 so you can stream directly from an iPhone, iPad or Mac. This means you can not only listen to music from your Apple device but also podcasts, audiobooks, YouTube sound and Netflix audio. Very clever stuff. The Port also has a 12 Volt trigger which can turn on your stereo or receiver automatically when a signal is sent so there are no extra steps or remote needed.
Music Streaming Services: Sonos gives you access to unlimited music; such as your iTunes library, your favourite music services and thousands of Internet radio stations, shows, and podcasts. The Sonos system works seamlessly with a host of streaming music services, including Spotify, Apple Music, Deezer, TIDAL and many more. You also have access to thousands of Internet radio stations from around the world through TuneIn Radio, and terrestrial radio stations through iHeartRadio. Note some of these services are not available in all areas and may be subscription only.
Multi-Room: One of the great things about the Sonos ecosystem has always been the seamless way all the products integrate together. You can start with a Sonos Port connected to your traditional stereo system and then add a Sonos One in the kitchen, another in the bathroom, throw a Play:5 or two in the study and add a Playbar & Sub in the family room. Of course a Beam connected to a TV in each of the kids bedrooms is always a winner and now there is the Sonos Move which can do double duty both at home on the network with all your other Sonos gear and out and about doing its solo thing via Bluetooth.
And the kicker is, every member of the family can be in their own space doing their own thing with their very own Sonos products without disturbing anyone else. Alternatively, when your home turns into a party zone, every Sonos product can be linked together to play the same thing with individual volume control for each zone. Pretty cool huh?
Sonos App: Sonos allows you to control its audio setup, playback functions, and search features through the Sonos App for Apple and Android devices and PC & Mac computers. You'll have access to thousands of pre-loaded internet radio stations, a variety of online music services, and all the music stored on your computer or NAS drive, all from one easy to use yet incredibly powerful App.
Voice Control: Yes, good news, the Sonos Port supports voice control with either Amazon Alexa or the Google Assistant when connected to a voice-enabled device, such as a Sonos One, Sonos Beam, Amazon Echo Dot, or Google Home, over Wi-Fi.
Main Features & Specifications
- Design: Music Streaming Source Component & Preamp
- Line-In: Analogue line-in to bring your record player, CD player, or other audio source into the Sonos ecosystem.
- Please Note: A turntable/record player will need either a separate phono preamp or an inbuilt phono preamp to function correctly.
- Line-Out: Line-out through either analogue (RCA) or digital (coaxial) for connecting amplified audio equipment.
- Trigger: 12V trigger turns on your stereo or receiver automatically when a signal is sent so there are no extra steps or remote needed.
- Sound Controls: Adjustable bass and treble controls to optimise sound performance. Adjust volume by individual room or by groups of rooms.
- Audio Formats Supported: Plays MP3, WMA, AAC, WAV, FLAC, AIFF, and Ogg Vorbis files
- Native support for 44.1kHz sample rates. Additional support for 48kHz, 32kHz, 24kHz, 22kHz, 16kHz, 11kHz, and 8kHz sample rates
- Internet Radio: Plays streaming Internet radio stations from TuneIn Radio and iHeartRadio (where available)
- Ethernet Ports: Two 10/100 Mbps Ethernet ports, Wire directly to your router if Wi-Fi is unreliable
- Wi-Fi: Connects to your home Wi-Fi network with any 802.11b/g, 2.4 GHz broadcast-capable router
- Apple AirPlay 2: Works with AirPlay 2 on Apple devices iOS 11.4 and higher
- Cables: Comes with a Power Cable and an analogue RCA cable to get you going
- Light: LED indicates status
- Finish: Matte Black
- Dimensions (WxHxD): 138 x 41 x 138mm
- Nett Weight: 0.472 kg
- Manufacturer's Warranty: 1 Year
Note: Features & Specifications Subject To Change Without Notice. E&OE.
- Sonos Roam Wireless SpeakerPriced from $290.00 (Normally Regular Price $299.00 )
- Sonos Move Wireless SpeakerPriced from $637.00 (Normally Regular Price $699.00 )
- Sonos One Gen 2 Wireless SpeakerPriced from $295.00 (Normally Regular Price $319.00 )
- Sonos One SL Wireless SpeakerPriced from $265.00 (Normally Regular Price $289.00 )
- Sonos Five Wireless SpeakerPriced from $745.00 (Normally Regular Price $799.00 )