Please Note: This item is in stock and ready for despatch. Please note that it may not be on demonstration or available for immediate in-store collection.
Smooth Sounding Amplifier With Impressive 125 Watts Per Channel For True High-Fidelity Sound With A Wide Choice Of Speakers
Control Is Simple With The Sonos App, Airplay 2, A Universal Remote, Or Alexa-Enabled Smart Devices. Click Here To Find Out How
About The Sonos Amp
The Sonos Amp offers amazing flexibility and can be used in a variety of applications. Connect your favourite bookshelf, floorstanding, in-wall, outdoor or in-ceiling speakers to the Amp and stream all your favourite music. Use the Amp to add stereo sound to your TV through a HDMI ARC connection and a pair of loudspeakers.
The Sonos Amp packs 125 Watts per channel into 8 Ohms (200 Watts at 4 Ohms) to power high-fidelity sound and streaming capability for turntables, TV, architectural, bookshelf, outdoor, and floor-standing speakers. Create the ultimate entertainment system and stream from over 100 services. Control is easy with the Sonos S2 app (see below for links), AirPlay, the touch interface, or your voice via smart devices like Sonos One. Platform integrations help streamline control of your smart home, so you can control your system with a universal remote or keypad. And because Sonos continually updates with new features and services, your experience will improve over time.
Sonos Multi-room Eco-System: The Sonos Amp is part of the Sonos wireless multiroom music eco-system consisting of a family of wireless network speakers, players, and amplifiers. Start with the Amp and add more Sonos products over time - including the Sonos PLAY:1 / PLAY:3 /PLAY:5 powered speakers, the Sonos One voice-activated speaker, the Sonos Connect:Amp / Connect zone players, and the ARC / PLAYBAR / PLAYBASE / BEAM soundbar speakers (all sold separately - some models discontinued). With multiple zones, you can play the same or different songs in different rooms of your home. Up to 32 Sonos devices can be connected in one system.
Optimised Sound: Sonos and Sonance have designed Sonos by Sonance in-ceiling, in-wall, and outdoor loudspeakers (all sold separately) from the ground up, making them specifically optimized for the Sonos Amp through the use of TruePlay Tuning and the Sonos app on your compatible Apple iOS device.
- Sonos By Sonance: When Sonos by Sonance speakers are connected to the Sonos Amp, the Amp will automatically detect them, and automatically adjust its sound to suit the specific loudspeakers. Up to three pairs of Sonos Architectural by Sonance speakers can be powered by a single Sonos Amp.
Trueplay Tuning (for Apple iOS Only): By connecting the in-ceiling speakers to the Sonos Amp, you'll unlock Trueplay Tuning (for Apple iOS), which accounts for the size, construction, and layout of the room where the speakers are installed and adjusts for the best possible sound. The layout of a room, and where speakers are installed, can have a significant impact on the sound that you hear. Trueplay, an auto-tune app within the Sonos App, uses the microphone in your Apple iOS 7.0+ device to measure how sound reflects off walls, furnishings and other surfaces in a room, and then fine tunes the in-ceiling speakers to make sure it sounds great no matter where you've placed it.
HDMI ARC: The Sonos Amp is equipped one HDMI ARC output to connect the integrated amplifier to your TV's HDMI ARC input. The Amp's HDMI ARC output allows audio from your TV to be sent to the integrated amplifier. The HDMI ARC output supports Dolby Digital (up to 5.1 ch) and 2 channel PCM. Some televisions will only pass 2 channel PCM through the ARC-enabled HDMI input from devices connected to the TV via HDMI or analogue, and will only pass Dolby Digital via the TV's built-in tuner, network apps, or USB. Audio from your TV can be played back just on the Sonos Amp or in any zone of your Sonos multi-room audio system.
Compatible with AirPlay 2
The Sonos Amp has AirPlay 2 built in. That means you can stream audio directly from your iPhone, iPad, or Mac computer through your Sonos system. That includes soundtracks from YouTube videos and Netflix movies. And if you subscribe to Apple Music, you can do even more. Use Siri on your iPhone, iPad, or Apple TV 4K to control Apple Music with voice commands. Tell it what selection or playlist to play — and which Sonos speakers you want it to play through.
Create The Ultimate Entertainment System: Sonos works with over 100 streaming services so listeners can enjoy the ones they prefer - Spotify, Apple Music, Amazon Music, Deezer and Tidal (subscription required for some services). Stream internet radio stations from TuneIn and iHeartRadio.
New Ways to Customise Your Experience: New APIs and partner integrations streamline smart home control with phones, tablets, universal remotes, keypads, and voice via smart devices.
Flexible Control: Use the Sonos app, AirPlay2, a universal remote, the touch controls on Amp, or your voice with smart devices such as Sonos One and Beam.
Versatile Design: Amp fits standard racks and can be wall mounted, plus it features a simplified set of ports for clean-looking connections. The threaded connections for left and right channels are standard diameter so you can remove them and use your own banana plugs.
Amazingly Pure Sound: Direct digital input eliminates the need for analogue conversion, resulting in crisp, undistorted sound for music streaming and TV.
Sonos S2 App
The Sonos S2 app (for Apple iOS 11.0+ / Android OS 7.0+ / Mac OSX 10.11+ / Windows 7+) was released in 2020 and powers the next generation of Sonos products. The Sonos S2 app offers new features, usability updates, and more personalisation moving forward. The updated app makes it even simpler for you to search for content, control the sound, and personalise your listening experience. Use the Sonos S2 app to setup your Sonos speaker system, control your Sonos speaker system, stream your favourite internet radio stations and online music services, access local network music libraries, and personalize your speaker system.
- Setup: The app lets you easily setup the Sonos speaker system. Get step-by-step instructions for setting up a new system and/or adding more speakers to your system
- Control: With the Sonos S2 app, you can control all your Sonos speakers, soundbars, and components. Adjust volume levels, group products to play in sync, or play something different in every room
- Music & Radio: The Sonos S2 app brings together hundreds of internet radio stations and online music services.You also get access to local network music libraries on your smartphone, tablet, laptop, or desktop computer. Use the app to browse all your music, podcasts, radio, and audiobooks all in one place
- Personalised Settings: Save favourites and room groups to My Sonos to get to the music faster, create alarms so you can wake up to a favorite radio station or playlist, filter out explicit content, and more
- Security: Enhanced protocols, including support for elliptic curve cipher suites in SSL/TLS, keep your system safer and your data more secure
Optional Voice Control: You can control your Sonos system through any Alexa or Google Assistant enabled device. Specific control functions will vary by digital voice assistant.
Note: The Sonos Amp and all Sonos items plus Apple iOS/Android devices, Windows PC and/or Mac computer must be connected to the same home network.
Main Features & Specifications
- Design: Class-D digital amplifier
- Rated Output: 125 Watts per channel at 8 Ohms
- 200 Watts at 4 Ohms
- Powers your architectural, outdoor, floor-standing, or bookshelf speakers
- Binding-post speaker terminals
- Capable of stereo or dual mono output
- Line-in sources supported: Audio device with analogue RCA output or optical output (optical adaptor required)
- TV device with HDMI ARC or optical output (optical adaptor required)
- Subwoofer Output: Auto-detecting RCA type
- User-adjustable 50-110Hz crossover
- Tone Controls: Adjustable Bass and Treble controls to optimise sound performance
- Adjust volume by individual room or by groups of rooms
- Controls: Touch interface with volume up/down, previous/next track, and play/pause
- Files Supported: MP3, WMA, AAC, WAV, FLAC, AIFF, ALAC, and Ogg Vorbis files
- Online Music Services: Stream from online music services including Spotify, Apple Music, Amazon Music, Deezer and Tidal (subscription required for some services)
- Internet Radio: Stream internet radio stations from TuneIn and iHeartRadio
- Power supply: AC 220-240 V, 50Hz
- Wi-Fi: Connects to home Wi-Fi network with any 802.11 b/g/n router. 802.11n only network configurations are not supported; you can either change the router settings to 802.11 b/g/n or connect a Sonos product to your router
- Ethernet Ports: Dual Ethernet ports can connect Amp to a wired home network and allow for connection additional Sonos players
- System Requirements: Passive speakers with speaker wire, broadband internet, and Sonos app
- Included Accessories: Two Sonos double banana plugs, AC power cable, quickstart guide & legal booklet
- Dimensions (WxHxD): 217 x 64 x 217mm
- Weight: 2.1kg
- Manufacturer's Warranty: 1 Year
Note: Features & Specifications Subject To Change Without Notice. E&OE
- Paradigm Monitor SE Atom SpeakersPriced from $599.00
- Sonos Amp & Paradigm Atom SystemSpecial Price $1,545.00 (Normally Regular Price $1,822.00 )
- ProJect T1 Phono SB TurntablePriced from $593.00 (Normally Regular Price $659.00 )
- Sonos Sub Gen 3 SubwooferPriced from $899.00 (Normally Regular Price $1,099.00 )
- Acoustic Energy AE100 SpeakersPriced from $499.00 (Normally Regular Price $580.00 )