Yamaha RX-V4A 8K Home Theatre Receiver
Please Note: This item is in stock and ready for despatch. Please note that it may not be on demonstration or available for immediate in-store collection.
5 Channel Amplifier, 80 Watts Per Channel With 2 Channels Driven
Optional Wireless Surround Speakers, Yamaha Remote App
Built-In MusicCast & Wi-Fi Allows Wireless Music Playback, Stream Internet Radio & Music Services
About Yamaha RX-V4A Home Theatre Receiver
Enter the world of home theatre with the Yamaha RX-V4A. This AV receiver has the potential to completely transform how you listen and watch at home with a comprehensive list of features and benefits that may just be as long as both your arms, to give you all sorts of choices to enhance your home entertainment experience. So read on to find out all the great things this well priced receiver can do.
For the first time in what seems like forever, Yamaha have a brand new design with sexy curves instead of hard edges to bring a more organic presence to your room and system. It somehow feels more approachable and inviting which ties in beautifully with how simple to set up and use the RX-V4A really is. And it certainly doesn’t skimp on features or performance as you will find out below. Enjoy.
CINEMA DSP 3D for Movies, Music & Games: This unique Yamaha proprietary sound field creation technology, was created by combining measured sound field data with digital signal processing. Yamaha collected sound field data from famous concert halls and music clubs around the world, utilising its wealth of experience in the fields of concert hall design, public address and mixing. By digitising this vast trove of information and incorporating it into dedicated LSI devices, it effectively reproduces the spaces of concert halls and music clubs in your home. Immerse yourself in the astounding realism of your movies, and enter a world of profound theatre sound.
Compressed Music Enhancer: When music is encoded into a digitally compressed format like an MP3, the frequency response suffers. Yamaha’s Compressed Music Enhancer employs sophisticated digital signal processing using exclusive algorithms to restore what was lost, so the music always sounds the way it should.
HDR10+*: HDR10+ provides deeper contrast and more realistic images that stay true to the creators’ intent. It helps give more visual dynamic range (the ratio of light to dark) on a scene-by-scene (or even frame-by-frame) basis and also provides, in a small amount of metadata, the scene characteristics between bright and dark so that important detail can remain. This enables displays to reproduce images more realistically, adhering to the creator’s original intent. *This function is available via a firmware update.
8K/60Hz, 4K/120Hz*: The RX-V4A supports end-to-end 8K/4K resolutions and higher refresh rate solutions with a single upgraded cable for seamless integration within the HDMI eco-system. 8K delivers a super-immersive viewing experience with twice the horizontal and vertical resolution of 4K, and 4 times as many pixels; and combined with a 60Hz refresh rate enables smooth and sharp viewing of content with high-speed action. 4K/120Hz enables ultra-fast motion UHD images to be crisp and razor sharp; allowing sports, action movies, high-performance gaming and VR to benefit significantly. *This function is available via a firmware update.
Advanced Gaming-Dedicated Functions (ALLM, VRR, QMS & QFT)*: Enhanced gaming and media features ensure an added level of smooth and seamless motion and transitions for gaming, movies and video. These include: Auto Low Latency Mode (ALLM) which enables the ideal latency setting to automatically be set allowing for smooth, lag-free and uninterrupted viewing and interactivity. Variable Refresh Rate (VRR) reduces or eliminates lag, stutter and frame tearing for more fluid and detailed gameplay. Quick Media Switching (QMS) for movies and video eliminates the delay that can result in blank frames before content is displayed. Finally, Quick Frame Transport (QFT) reduces latency for smoother no-lag gaming, and real-time interactive virtual reality. *These functions are available via a firmware update.
AV Setup Guide App for Initial Setup: The RX-V4A is simple to set up and simple to use without worry or confusion. Use the Yamaha Setup Guide App which provides expert set up assistance for your AV receiver and source devices. It even guides you through various other settings such as speaker connections, TV and source device connections and power amplifier assignments.
MusicCast - Whole House Audio At Your Fingertips: This is big news and a real point of difference between Yamaha and every other manufacturer. MusicCast is a new revolution in network audio and makes it super easy to create a whole house audio system starting with the RX-V4A. MusicCast employs a high performance wireless network to deliver music and audio enjoyment to multiple components in multiple rooms ... and easily. MusicCast can stream digital music content from your smartphone, PC or NAS drive to other MusicCast devices in your home including soundbars and wireless speakers. It can also share the music from external devices such as a TV or CD player connected to the RX-V4A. Audio content from Bluetooth-connected devices can also be streamed to MusicCast devices in multiple rooms. Use all your MusicCast products together or separately, it's completely up to you. Control it, all from one app, designed to be intuitive, quick and simple to use. Use a Yamaha soundbar, a wireless speaker, or an AV Receiver - whichever suits you best - mix and match then expand your MusicCast system as time goes on.
AV Setup Guide App for Initial Setup: The RX-V4A is simple to set up and simple to use without worry or confusion. Use the Yamaha Setup Guide App which provides expert set up assistance for your AV receiver and source devices. It even guides you through various other settings such as speaker connections, TV and source device connections and power amplifier assignments. Use your smartphone or tablet, together with the MusicCast Controller App to operate the RX-V4A and change settings quickly and easily. The same Controller app functions as a remote control for all your MusicCast-compatible devices as well as full multi-room audio controls. Simply tap the beautifully designed screen and take control of all the audio equipment and all the music in your home. There are a wide variety of capabilities like the Link function that lets you play the same song in different rooms simultaneously and the ability to freely customise the room screen with your own pictures. Make your musical world even more exciting.
Music Streaming Services*: Explore a world of music with music streaming services built-in including Spotify, Deezer, Tidal, Qobuz, Napster & Amazon Music (subject to availability). Synchronising your playlists and tracks from your smart phone or computer to the AV receiver, music streaming services make it impossibly easy to either listen to your favourites or discover new music. *Music streaming service availability varies by region.
eARC HDMI: Unlock the full potential of your 4K content. Enhanced Audio Return Channel (also known as eARC) is the next generation of ARC – available in the industry-leading AV receivers from Yamaha. eARC delivers full-resolution, multi-channel audio formats such as Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD through your existing HDMI connection, giving you the most realistic surround sound experience for immersing yourself in your favourite movies and moments.
Voice Control with Alexa & Google Assistant*: Touch or voice control – the choice is yours. Intuitively control a single MusicCast product or an entire whole-home system with ease using Alexa or Google Assistant and hear your home come alive. *Availability of voice command control via Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant varies by region and a third party device is required to initiate voice commands.
Apple AirPlay 2: “Hey Siri. Play music in the kitchen and living room.” AirPlay 2 adds the ability to stream Apple Music and other streaming services to multiple MusicCast devices throughout your home. Easily control it from your iPhone or iPad, link it with a HomePod, or simply utilise voice control and ask Siri to assist.
Customise Your Sound with Yamaha YPAO: YPAO (Yamaha Parametric room Acoustic Optimiser) analyses the room acoustics and your system, then precisely adjusts various audio parameters to provide the best sound for your room. Simply by placing the supplied microphone at your listening position and switching YPAO on, the system is automatically calibrated for optimum performance in your home theatre room.
SCENE Buttons with the Ability to Preset Songs & Stations: There are four SCENE buttons which you can pre-set for different inputs, as well as a sound field program, Music Enhancer, HDMI output and more. The inputs can be set to specific sources, such as an FM or Internet radio station, a station on a streaming service, a USB device or a song on a PC or NAS (network). Once you have set the buttons, simply press one on the main unit or the remote control to power on the receiver and hear your desired music. The buttons can be re-set at any time.
Wireless Rear Speakers: Combine this AV receiver with the MusicCast 50 or MusicCast 20 wireless streaming speakers and enjoy the amazing convenience of creating a home theatre with wireless surround sound. What’s more, you get stunningly realistic sound with a clean, clutter-free setup. Easily turn your current living room into a special entertainment environment where you can fully enjoy movies and music.
Main Features & Specifications
- Design: 5.2-channel home theatre receiver
- Power Output: 80 Watts per channel into 8 Ohms (20-20kHz) at 0.06% THD, with 2 channels driven
- Surround Sound Decoding: Dolby and DTS
- Cinema DSP 3D: This adds richness and depth to music and movie soundtracks
- YPAO (Yamaha Parametric Room Acoustic Optimiser): Easy to operate automatic speaker calibration
- Included microphone helps fine-tune your system to best match your room's acoustics
- Music Enhancer: Improves sound quality of Bluetooth streams, MP3s, and other digitally compressed music files
- Amp Assign Function: A great feature that lets you use the surround speaker outputs in different configurations like bi-amping the front speakers, or for use in Zone B
Digital & Music Streaming
- Built-In Wi-Fi: Enjoy listening to music from a networked PC, free internet radio, and music services
- Built-In MusicCast: Wirelessly connects compatible Yamaha components together for seamless whole-home audio
- Includes support for Spotify (subscription required)
- Free MusicCast app offers easy Wi-Fi control, settings adjustments, and music selection and playback
- Supports wireless rear surround sound when paired with MusicCast 50 or two MusicCast 20 wireless speakers
- Voice Control Devices: Works with Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant voice control devices (available separately)
- Apple AirPlay 2: Stream directly from an iPhone or iPad and ask Siri to play Apple Music
- Built-In Bluetooth: Enjoy wireless music listening with smartphones, tablets, and compatible computers
- Hi-res Files: Plays high-resolution digital music files via USB storage device or a networked computer (PCM up to 24-bit/384kHz resolution; DSD up to 11.2 MHz)
- HDMI 2.1 A/V Switching
- HDMI Inputs: 4
- HDMI Ouputs: 1
- All HDMI connections will support 8K/60Hz and 4K/120Hz video (8K/60Hz and 4K/120Hz video compatibility enabled via free future firmware update)
- All HDMI connections support 4K/60Hz video
- HDCP 2.3 technology ensures compatibility with Ultra HD sources and TVs
- HDR-compatible for extended picture contrast and brightness with compatible TVs and HDR-encoded content
- Supports HDR10 and HDR10+ (HDR10+ enabled via free future firmware update)
- Gaming: Gaming-optimised video processing technologies for a smooth, lag-free gaming experience
- Variable Refresh Rate (VRR), Auto Low Latency Mode (ALLM), Quick Media Switching (QMS), and Quick Frame Transport (QFT) reduce or eliminate lag and frame tearing (VRR, ALLM, QMS, and QFT enabled via free future firmware update)
- ARC: Supports ARC (Audio Return Channel) and eARC (Enhanced Audio Return Channel)
- eARC receives uncompressed surround sound signals including Dolby Atmos and DTS:X via the HDMI connection with your compatible TV
- Digital Audio Inputs: 1 Toslink optical, 1 coaxial
- Line-Level Inputs: 3 stereo pair analogue stereo RCA line level audio inputs
- Subwoofer Outputs: Two line-level subwoofer outputs (each output carries the same signal)
- Front-Panel USB Port: Allows audio playback from USB flash drives
- Speaker Outputs: Connect 5 speakers (Front L/R, Centre, Surround L/R)
- Ethernet Port: Connect an Ethernet cable to your router for a superior network connection
- 12-volt Trigger Output: Yes
- Headphone Jack: Full-sized 6.35mm headphone jack
- Free MusicCast app: Lets you use your Apple or Android device as a Wi-Fi remote
- Yamaha AV Receiver Setup Guide app: This guides you through the connection process and initial settings
- FM/DAB+ Tuner: Yes (Availability of stations varies by region and signal strength from radio transmitter.)
- Remote Control: System type Included
- Dimensions (WxHxD): 435 x 171 x 377mm (Bluetooth and Wi-Fi antennas raised 435 x 245 x 377mm
- Net Weight: 8.8kg
- Manufacturer’s Warranty: 2 Years
Note: Features & Specifications Subject To Change Without Notice. E&OE.