Yamaha RX-V385 Receiver; Cambridge S325 Speakers (White)
We've teamed the Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver which has all the important features you demand with a Cambridge Audio Minx Speaker System and matching 300 Watt Subwoofer.
Speaker and subwoofer cable pack included
About Yamaha RX-V385 Receiver; Cambridge S325 Speakers
Sometimes speakers should be heard and not seen, especially in a home theatre system where there are at least 5 speakers and a subwoofer to contend with. Those wanting the closest to invisible speakers should take a long hard look at this Yamaha and Cambridge Audio Home Theatre "Separates" System. Great sound and almost nothing to look at, all we need are loaves and fishes and they'd be calling it a miracle.
The system features quality components from Yamaha and Cambridge Audio. Both brands and the products provide astonishingly refined sound quality for the money. The Receiver is not only feature packed but delivers the right amount of power for the speakers. It also includes Wi-Fi and Apple AirPlay which are important today for streaming music from the Internet or your smart phone which with the free Yamaha app can also be the remote control although you still get a traditional remote!
Cambridge Audio Minx S325 5.1 Speaker System
The Cambridge Audio Minx S325 Speaker System is a truly astounding piece of kit. You need to remember that it's not the size of the speakers that matters it's the sound quality they produce and the Minx S325 Sub/Sat system amazes all who hear it. Micro size and potent power is just half the story. Where Minx really excels is in its ability to deliver utter composure and perfect integration. At the heart of the Minx System 325 system is an X301 Subwoofer with a 200 Watt digital amp and five MIN22 satellite speakers. The Cambridge Audio MIN22 is a single driver satellite speaker that helps give the Minx it's amazing size of sound from such compact and discrete units. The subwoofer also uses advanced technology but more on that later.
BMR (Balanced Mode Radiator) Technology: The Minx MIN22 BMR drivers utilise patented "bending wave" principles normally seen in advanced flat-panel speakers, combined with piston-movement (backwards and forwards) like in a traditional speaker design. This type of design provides the Minx satellite speakers with a much wider frequency response as well as deeper and more powerful bass frequencies. This means that, unlike some small speakers, the MIN22 satellites are truly dynamic and won't turn harsh or brittle when the music or film action gets intense. This all adds up to incredibly spacious sound. Finally, the fourth generation BMR unit has superior uniformity of movement, meaning a more accurate sound, right across the frequency response.
X301 Subwoofer: Like the other Minx subs, the X301 Subwoofer uses unique Cambridge technology to produce a bass response that is both powerful and tuneful. At the heart of the X201 beats Cambridge Audio's sophisticated Digital Signal Processor. When combined with the digital amplifier, this provides exceptional bass from what is one of the world's smallest subwoofers. To maximise this advantage the bass cones are constructed of one-piece, aerospace grade aluminium. Configured with a single, powered 200mm cone and a 200mm passive cone, the X301 uses technology never before available at this price range. Although reasonably compact, the X301 packs an awesome 300 Watts from its active amplifier and offers gain, phase and crossover control for full control and integration with a complete Minx system. Finished in special, scratch-resistant, premium automotive gloss white or black paint, the X301 is the perfect match for most home decors. Ideal for the larger rooms and for when neighbours just aren't an issue, the X301 will leave you thoroughly shaken and stirred! Prepare to be impressed!
Speaker Wire Binding Posts: The Cambridge Audio Minx MIN22 satellite speaker is equipped with a pair of binding post terminals. The binding post terminals will accept bare-wire, spades or Banana type plugs can be used by "removing" the terminal inserts. The terminals are colour-coded (black/red) to distinguish between positive and negative. This is important as it keeps the speakers "in-phase" which simply makes them sound better.
Optional Accessories: Cambridge Audio make three options to suit the Minx Satellite speakers - table top stands; floor stands and wall brackets. Add any requirements during checkout or call us to arrange.
Yamaha RX-V385 5.1-Channel Home Theatre Receiver
Now for the Yamaha A/V Receiver. In the Yamaha tradition, the RX-V385 represents incredible value for money in the classic Yamaha Home Theatre Receiver line-up and is well suited to just about any small to medium listening environment. Yamaha continue to pack more features into their home theatre receivers and the great sound they're known for remains a constant. It is a 5.1-channel AV Receiver with Bluetooth compatibility, Wi-Fi Built-in, AirPlay and AV Controller app support. Bluetooth lets you stream from compatible mobile devices for nearly boundless music options. Yamaha's AV Setup Guide app for compatible tablets takes you through the connection process step-by-step, with visual aids to guide you. YPAO speaker calibration uses a microphone to measure your room's acoustics for optimal speaker performance.
The 'V385 receiver is also ready for the latest 4K Ultra HD content, including 4K Blu-ray discs encoded with HDR (High Dynamic Range) information. Specialised DSP modes let you get the best sound from any kind of setup, but particularly with a full five-channel speaker system like the Cambridge Audio Minx. The RX-V385 will bring excitement and drama to your home theatre while making it easier than ever to enjoy a wide range of entertainment. Excellent array of features for those building a system, including network functionality and SCENE with CEC for quick and easy operation. And yes, you can enjoy the latest 3D Blu-ray discs (3D-ready TV required) and thrilling surround sound through the Yamaha HDMI-compatible home theatre Receiver.
Remote Control Heaven: Can't find that remote control? No sweat! Stash it away and use your Apple or Android device to control the Receiver. Download Yamaha's free AV Controller app and your iPhone, iPad, Android device becomes your remote. Use the special app and get expert assistance with cable connections between the AV receiver and source devices. It even guides you through various other settings such as speaker connections, TV and source device connections and power amplifier assignments. Click here to read more about this delightful, well-made Receiver.
Cable Pack Included
The British speaker cable brand that started it all way back in 1975 and woke us all up to the sonic benefits of good cable! So to complete the package, you'll get 28 metres of legendary QED Profile 42 strand speaker cable which should be enough for the small to medium sized room where we envisage this system finding a home. Also, a QED 3 metre Performance series subwoofer cable is included. This is definitely not low-quality "rubbish" stuff but follows on our belief to supply you products that are built to a standard rather than a price. If you need longer lengths than listed here or want banana plugs fitted to all ends, then call us for a quote. Note, the system does not include floor stands or wall brackets. These are sold separately. So we invite you to take a closer look at the individual components that make up this back-pocket friendly system.
Main Features & Specifications
- Product Description: 5.1 channel home theatre Receiver; 5 speakers plus subwoofer
- Receiver: Includes Yamaha RX-V385 A/V Receiver
- Power Output: 70 Watts per channel into 8 Ohms (20-20,000 Hz) at 0.09% THD, with 2 channels driven
- Surround Sound Decoding: Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby True HD and DTS, DTS Master
- Upscales standard-definition video signals to HD and Ultra HD (up to 4K)
- YPAO (Yamaha Parametric Room Acoustic Optimiser): Performs automatic speaker calibration and more precise surround sound (microphone included)
- Cinema DSP Modes: Adds richness and depth to music and movie soundtracks
- Adaptive Dynamic Range Control: This limits the volume level on sound effects and commercials for more discreet late-night listening
- Bluetooth: Built-in Bluetooth for wireless music streaming (version 2.1+EDR)
- DAC: 192kHz/24-bit Burr-Brown digital-to-analogue converters for all channels
- Ultra Low Jitter PLL: This circuitry reduces timing jitter from digital sources, for improved sound quality
- Extra Bass: A great feature that enhances the bass especially on small bookshelf speakers
- Virtual Cinema Front: This simulates surround sound effects when you locate from two to seven speakers at the front of your room
- Compressed Music Enhancer: This improves sound quality of MP3s and other digital music files
- HDMI version 2.0a audio/video switching: 4 x inputs, 1 x output
- HDCP 2.2 technology ensures compatibility with 4K Ultra HD sources and TVs (all HDMI inputs and monitor output)
- HDR-compatible for extended picture contrast and brightness with compatible 4K TVs and HDR-encoded content
- Composite Video Switching: 3 x inputs, 1 x output
- Digital Audio Inputs: 1 x optical and 2 x coaxial
- Analogue Inputs: 2 pairs of stereo RCA inputs
- USB: Front-panel USB port for audio playback from USB flash drives and portable music players
- Mini-Jack Input: Front-panel minijack (3.5mm) for connecting a mobile device or portable music player
- Subwoofer Output: Preamp output for a powered subwoofer
- Phono Input: No. To connect a turntable you'll need to add a phono preamp
- Speaker Outputs For 5 Speakers: Front L/R, Centre, Surround L/R (all Binding Posts for easy connection of bare wire)
- Headphone Jack: Full size on front panel
- 4K and 3D Video Pass-Through
- Scene Presets; Four SCENE presets for one-touch power-up, source selection and DSP recall
- Audio Return Channel (ARC): This function receives digital audio signals from a compatible HDTV's tuner or "smart" content via HDMI
- AM/FM Tuner: Performance depends on many factors. Please read this article on what you need to do to hear your favourite radio station
- Remote Control: RAV561 preset type
- Dimensions (WxHxD): 435 x 161 x 315mm
- Nett Weight: 7.3kg
- Yamaha Warranty: 2 years
- Design: 5.1 Subwoofer/Satellite System
- Includes 5 x Minx MIN22 satellite speakers and 1 x Minx X301 subwoofer
- System Frequency Response: 31-20kHz
- Sensitivity MIN22: 88dB
- Impedance: 8 Ohms
- Recommended amplifier power: 40 -120 Watts RMS - must be 'clean' power
- Technology: Balanced Mode Radiator driver technology creates a wide soundstage
- Driver: 2 x 56mm approx
- Magnets: Ultra-compact push-pull Neodymium magnets
- Cabinet: Acoustically damped thermo-polymer and extruded aluminium cabinet
- Wire Terminals: Binding post terminals - will accept bare wire, spades or banana plugs
- Mounting Options: Keyhole slot wall mounting bracket supplied standard. Optional swivel wall-mounting bracket, floor stand, or tabletop stand available
- Finish: Available in high gloss Black or high gloss White
- Net Weight: 400 grams each
- Dimensions (WxHxD): 78 x 78 x 85mm
- 300-Watt RMS digital amplifier
- Drivers: 1 x 200mm front-firing woofer and a 200mm passive radiator
- Cone Material: Single-piece, aerospace-grade aluminium cones move air with incredible efficiency
- Frequency Response: 31Hz – 200Hz (-6dB)
- Crossover: Continuously variable 50-200 Hz crossover
- DSP: Specially designed DSP (Digital Signal Processor) for big bass from a small enclosure
- Phase Switch: Adjustable phase control
- Inputs: Line-level/subwoofer inputs and outputs
- Sleep Mode: Auto on/off mode
- Finish: Available in high gloss Black or high gloss White
- Dimensions (WxHxD): 266 x 311 x 278mm
- Nett Weight 7.5 Kg
- System includes 28 metres of QED Profile 42 speaker cable and a 3 metre QED Performance subwoofer cable.
Note: Features & Specifications Subject To Change Without Notice. E&OE.