Yamaha RX-V385 Home Theatre Receiver
Why Are So Many Items Out Of Stock? A worldwide microchip shortage and other pandemic-related challenges have slowed the supply of products in many industries. We are working with all our brands to replenish stock and fill backorders asap. The ETA listed is currently the best advice we have and may be subject to change as we receive updates. At this time the supplier of this product does not permit it to be sold online. Please contact us for purchasing options. Thank you for your patience and for shopping at Audio Trends.
5 Channel Amplifier. 70 Watts Per Channel With 2 Channels Driven
4K Ultra HD Full Support With 4K 60p, HDCP2.2, Burr-Brown DACs For All Channels
Built-In Bluetooth For Wireless Music Streaming From A Compatible Device
Stock Due March-April 2022
About Yamaha RX-V385 Home Theatre Receiver
The Yamaha RX-V385 5.1 channel AV Receiver combines the sophistication of HDMI with support for 4K60p (4:4:4), HDCP2.2, HDR and BT.2020 with Bluetooth® for wireless music streaming and the convenience of YPAO, front USB input and Eco mode.The Yamaha RX-V385 fits well in just about any listening environment — from medium sized living rooms to small apartment spaces. This wallet-friendly 5.1 channel receiver is ready for the latest 4K Ultra HD content, including 4K Blu-ray discs encoded with HDR (High Dynamic Range) information.
The Yamaha RX-V385 AV Receiver is equipped with a discrete 5 channel amplifier rated at 70 Watts driving 2 channels which provides high dynamic power with low-impedance drive capability for a high level of sound quality and clarity. It uses high quality, audio-grade Burr-Brown 192kHz/24-bit digital-to-analogue converters for all channels to maximise sound quality and also utilises low-jitter PLL circuitry to help optimise sound imaging. The result is a more dynamic sound with greater detail and less distortion.
Surround Sound Features
The receiver supports Dolby Pro Logic, Dolby Pro Logic II (Movie/Music/Game), and DTS Neo: 6 (Music/Cinema) to enhance 2-channel and multichannel decoding formats. The receiver offers the additional Dolby Pro Logic II and DTS NEO:6 audio adjustments.
Cinema DSP Soundfields: Conventional multichannel audio reproduction systems base their sound on Dolby Digital and DTS decoding, using matrix and steering technologies to create surround sound effects. Yamaha Cinema DSP is much more advanced, actually creating richly realised independent soundfields that envelop you in an unmatched surround sound experience. With dialogue, music and effects ideally located in these separate soundfields, you will hear sound with accurate placement, smooth movement, exceptional clarity and richness, and realistic presence. It will seem as if the walls of your room have disappeared and you are in the middle of your own immense theatre. The AV receiver offers a wide variety of Cinema DSP programs for movies, music, and games.
Virtual CINEMA FRONT Provides Virtual 5-channel Surround Sound with High Quality and Resolution: Even when it is impossible to install surround speakers behind the listening position, Virtual CINEMA DSP reproduces virtual 5-channel surround sound filled with realism, with only two front speakers. With Virtual CINEMA FRONT, you will enjoy virtual 5-channel surround sound with higher quality and resolution by installing surround speakers at the front. You get more flexibility to arrange your speakers inside the room, along with easy enjoyment of high quality surround sound.
USB And Bluetooth Integration
This AV receiver is equipped with a front-panel USB (type-A) port that allows you to enjoy MP3, WMA, AAC, & WAV (up to 48kHz) music files stored on a USB mass storage class memory device, such as a USB thumbdrive or portable digital audio player (not compatible with USB HDDs). Your USB mass storage class device must be formatted in FAT 16 or FAT32.You can use the receiver's on-screen menu (via HDMI) and remote control to navigate your stored music files on your connected USB memory device. USB portable audio devices that can be charged via USB will be charged when plugged into the AV receiver's USB port even in standby mode.
Note: The receiver's USB port does not support Apple iPod/iPhone/iPad or Android smartphones/tablets.
Built-in Bluetooth: The Yamaha RX-V385 is equipped with built-in Bluetooth for wireless communication between Bluetooth-enabled audio source devices, headphones, and speakers. The AV receiver can act as a Bluetooth receiver in order to wirelessly stream music from an audio device, or a Bluetooth transmitter in order to wirelessly stream music to a set of BT-enabled headphones/speakers.
4K Ultra HD Full Support Including Dolby Vision
This AV receiver completely supports with latest HDMI standards. Thanks to transmission of 4K video at 60 frames per second pass-through, you can fully enjoy the high definition video quality of 4K without degradation. It also adheres to the HDCP2.2 copyright protection standard for 4K video transmission. It also supports HDR (High Dynamic Range) Video including Dolby Vision and Hybrid Log-Gamma which provides incredible contrast, smooth tone and rich, bright colours. Furthermore it supports the wider colour gamut of BT.2020 pass-through. This AV receiver is also compatible with 3D, Audio Return Channel and CEC for easy operation.
The RX-V385 employs the YPAO (Yamaha Parametric Acoustic Optimiser), which automatically adjusts the output of the speakers based on placement, performance, and the room's acoustic characteristics. Yamaha's YPAO system uses a small microphone and sophisticated equalisation to automatically set the best sound for any room, no matter where the speakers are. First it checks the speaker connections and phase of each speaker. Then it sends out tones which are captured by the microphone to analyse the room acoustics and sets a variety of parameters; such as the speaker size, the distance of the speakers, and even the volume level; until it achieves the best sound conditions for your room. Using the supplied Optimiser Microphone, YPAO performs checks and makes appropriate adjustments to give you the best possible sound from your system.
Extra Bass Provides Rich Bass Reproduction, Even with Small Speakers: Yamaha's exclusive low-range enhancement technology delivers richer bass than you expect from the speaker size while maintaining good localisation and sound balance even with compact front speakers. When a subwoofer is used, it improves the volume of the entire low range of the speaker system, not only the front speakers, but also enhancing the bass from the subwoofer. You'll enjoy video and music with sound that has exceptional power and presence.
Bi-Amp Connection: For even higher quality sound the RX-V385 features bi-amping capability, driving the treble and bass ranges of the front speakers (L, R) with independent amplifiers. In addition to providing greater power, it also prevents interference between the high and low sounds, further improving the sound of the front speakers.
AV Setup Guide - Install with Ease: The RX-V385 features a high-precision font, letting you view detailed information of your music contents, and has multi-lingual capability. No worries and no confusion. You can also use the special free Yamaha app and get expert assistance with cable connections between the AV receiver and source devices. It even guides you through various other settings such as speaker connections, TV and source device connections and power amplifier assignments.
It is incredible to realise that Yamaha have packed in so many features on their entry-level receiver. No other 'specialist' manufacturer comes close and if our last 25 years in selling Yamaha is anything to go by, this model will give many years of trouble free service. But, for serious home theatre or music, you will need something a lot better. The price-category means cut backs in the performance capabilities of the various component sections. However, if you are thinking of this as a basic home theatre system in a second zone or instead of a soundbar or have a small apartment and don't intend to 'smash-out' AC/DC then it will be a happy little 'vegemite' for many years.
Main Features & Specifications
- Product Description: 5.1-channel home theatre receiver
- Power Output: 70 Watts per channel into 8 Ohms (20-20,000 Hz) at 0.09% THD, with 2 channels driven
- Surround Sound Decoding: Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby True HD and DTS, DTS Master
- Upscales standard-definition video signals to HD and Ultra HD (up to 4K)
- YPAO (Yamaha Parametric Room Acoustic Optimiser): Performs automatic speaker calibration and more precise surround sound (microphone included)
- Cinema DSP Modes: Adds richness and depth to music and movie soundtracks
- Adaptive Dynamic Range Control: This limits the volume level on sound effects and commercials for more discreet late-night listening
Digital Music Options
- Bluetooth: Built-in Bluetooth for wireless music streaming (version 2.1+EDR)
- DAC: 192kHz/24-bit Burr-Brown digital-to-analogue converters for all channels
- Ultra Low Jitter PLL: This circuitry reduces timing jitter from digital sources, for improved sound quality
- Extra Bass: A great feature that enhances the bass especially on small bookshelf speakers
- Virtual Cinema Front: This simulates surround sound effects when you locate from two to seven speakers at the front of your room
- Compressed Music Enhancer: This improves sound quality of MP3s and other digital music files
- HDMI version 2.0a audio/video switching: 4 x inputs, 1 x outputs
- HDCP 2.2 technology ensures compatibility with 4K Ultra HD sources and TVs (all HDMI inputs and monitor output)
- HDR-compatible for extended picture contrast and brightness with compatible 4K TVs and HDR-encoded content
- Composite Video Switching: 3 x inputs, 1 x output
- Digital Audio Inputs: 1 x optical and 2 x coaxial
- Analogue Inputs: 2 pairs of stereo RCA inputs
- USB: Front-panel USB port for audio playback from USB flash drives and portable music players
- Mini-Jack Input: Front-panel minijack (3.5mm) for connecting a mobile device or portable music player
- Subwoofer Output: Preamp output for a powered subwoofer
- Phono Input: No. To connect a turntable you'll need to add a phono preamp
- Speaker Outputs For 5 Speakers: Front L/R, Centre, Surround L/R (all Binding Posts for easy connection of bare wire)
- Headphone Jack: Full size on front panel
- 4K and 3D Video Pass-Through
- Scene Presets; Four SCENE presets for one-touch power-up, source selection and DSP recall
- Audio Return Channel (ARC): This function receives digital audio signals from a compatible HDTV's tuner or "smart" content via HDMI
- AM/FM Tuner: Performance depends on many factors. Please read this article on what you need to do to hear your favourite radio station
- Remote Control: Preset type
- Dimensions (WxHxD): 435 x 161 x 315mm
- Nett Weight: 7.3kg
- Manufacturer's Warranty: 2 years
Note: Features & Specifications Subject To Change Without Notice. E&OE.