SVS PC-4000 Subwoofer (Gloss Black)
Please Note: This product is in stock at our supplier's warehouse and will be ready for pickup or immediate despatch within 1-2 days. Thank you for shopping at Audio Trends.
Down-Firing 13.5" (343mm) Woofer With Rear Port That Allows For Variable Tuning
Built-In Class D Amplifier Delivers 1,200 Watts Of Continuous Power (4,000+ Watts Peak), Frequency Response: 15-200 Hz
App Controlled, Remote Control, Designed In The USA
About The SVS PC-4000 Subwoofer
The SVS PC-4000 Subwoofer is just a little bit different. Its form factor has been reimagined, with a modern style that makes most subwoofers look like the boring boxes they are. Fortunately the step up in style has not necessitated a drop off in performance. In fact, you will find the SVS PC-4000 has all the slam, speed and depth, down to 15Hz, that SVS is famous for.
With a footprint measuring just 407mm in diameter, the PC-4000 is the pinnacle of SVS’ iconic cylinder subwoofer designs, achieving unparalleled low frequency output and deep bass extension down to 15 Hz. The unique form factor uses vertical height to add cabinet volume while a high-excursion, down-firing 13.5-inch driver and 1,200 watts RMS, 4,000+ watts peak power amplifier delivers concert and cinematic level bass with pinpoint control and accuracy to amaze serious home theatre fans and the most discerning audiophiles.
A tower of bass without peer across the world of audio, the PC-4000 is an icon of SVS design innovation standing tall as the most sophisticated cylinder subwoofer SVS has ever developed. Room-energizing output and deep bass extension below the threshold of human hearing with less than half the floor space required of comparable ported box subwoofers. An effortlessly powerful amplifier and driver combine with advanced DSP technology for a level of performance and user control not seen at this price before. The PC-4000 also comes standard with the SoundPath Subwoofer Isolation System for cleaner sounding bass with increased definition and more punch without room rattle and reduced bass bleed to the rest of the house.
Reference Caliber Bass with Less Floorspace Required
The SVS PC-4000 powered subwoofer astounds with its ability to command a room with massive low frequency output and deep bass extension that can be heard and felt while maintaining accuracy and control, all from a cylinder cabinet measuring only 16” in diameter. With trickle down technology from the 16-Ultra Series, named top subwoofers in the world by nearly every audio publication and industry group in 2017, the PC-4000 shatters expectations and delivers a level of unrivaled subwoofer performance only available from SVS.
Legendary SVS Output & Control
The PC-4000 subwoofer driver delivers on the full potential of the Sledge STA-1200D amplifier’s immense power with precision and control to produce room energizing SPLs and effortless low frequency extension with pinpoint accuracy at all drive levels.
- Dual ferrite magnet motor assembly weighing nearly 18kgs generates immense magnetic force and excursion of the 13.5-inch (343mm) driver to produce massive low frequency output well below the limits of human hearing
- Edge wound voice coil with eight-layer aluminium flat wire minimizes distortion and power compression while providing excellent heat dissipation and linearity ensuring precise control
- Lightweight and rigid composite cone with premium glass fibre dustcap generates massive output with pinpoint accurate frequency response
- Proprietary injection molded gasket and long-throw parabolic surround ensure longevity and allow extreme excursion and SPLs
Sledge Amplifier, Massive Output, Sophisticated DSP
Rated conservatively at 1,200 watts RMS, and 4,000+ watts peak power, the PC-4000 Sledge STA-1200D amplifier uses an efficient Class D design combined with fully discrete MOSFET output and a sophisticated Analog Devices DSP engine. The result is a level of effortless power and advanced processing not available from any other powered subwoofer manufacturer.
High Current Output of Fully Discrete MOSFETs with Efficiency of Class D Amplifier: Efficiency of a Class D amplifier with the ability to move massive amounts of current through the fully discrete MOSFETs enabling immense output and precise control for outstanding real-world subwoofer performance at all drive levels.
Sophisticated 50Mhz High Resolution Analog Devices Audio DSP: Most advanced digital processor ever used in a subwoofer maintains pinpoint accuracy and pristine sound quality through advanced in-room tuning, optimized frequency response curves, powerful DSP controls and more.
Variable Port Tuning Modes: Foam port plugs come standard with the PC-4000 and allow for variable tuning. Each response curve for the three port tuning modes; standard, extended and sealed, is fully configured to the respective mode to achieve balanced and accurate low frequency response with all tuning preferences.
Active Power Factor Correction (PFC) & Ground Loop Isolation: Serves as a line conditioner, surge suppressor and voltage regulator letting the amplifier deal with wide voltage fluctuations and ensuring the subwoofers operate flawlessly on any household circuit no matter how unstable the incoming current. An isolated circuit creates a vanishingly low noise floor by eliminating the potential for ground loop hums from outside components resulting in absolute sonic transparency.
PC-4000 Smartphone App
Groundbreaking smartphone app works with Apple iOS® and Android® devices to unleash the full depth, force and nuance of the PC-4000 subwoofer by controlling all DSP functions including: volume, parametric EQ, low pass filter, phase, polarity, room gain, port tuning, custom presets and system settings.
- Connects via Bluetooth for convenient control even when subwoofer is out of sight
- 3-band parametric EQ controller allows precise adjustments for frequency slope and Q factor down to the single Hz level with four different slopes, so users can improve performance by eliminating peaks, nulls and other room issues
- Stores 3 custom presets for movies, music and other listening experiences such as sports or gaming
- 2-way feedback shows updates in real time on both the app and subwoofer interface
SoundPath Subwoofer Isolation System
Elastomer feet on the PC-4000 improve bass performance while reducing floor and wall vibrations, noise artefacts and complaints from neighbours or roommates. De-coupling a subwoofer from the floor results in inherently tighter and cleaner sounding bass. It’s also the next best thing to sound-proofing and ideal for carpeted rooms, hardwood floors or any space where room rattles, buzzes or vibrations are present.
Acoustically Inert Ported Box Cabinet Design
Inlaid front panel display, three front-firing, high-flow bass ports, rounded edges and a curved metal grille on the PC-4000 cabinet give it a refined yet commanding look that blends visually with home theatres and high-end audio systems.
- Double thickness 2-inch MDF front baffle and rigid internal bracing to support the massive drive unit and to ensure an acoustically inert environment
- Highly reinforced internal design and acoustic insulation eliminates all coloration or resonance from the cabinet, even when the deepest low frequencies are played at reference volume
- Protective, non-resonant steel mesh grille and custom elastomer feet for reducing noise artefacts within a room
In The News
" It can rattle your house with room-filling low frequency energy, delivering bass notes you feel in your stomach. Plenty of low-end extension here, but a surprisingly degree of subtlety. As a result, I found it to be extremely nimble. The sub can harness its considerable power and release it with speed and precision. And considering the state-of-the-art subwoofery inside it isn’t that expensive.” Home Cinema Choice
Main Features & Specifications
Frequency Response / Acoustic Data:
- 17-200 Hz +/- 3 dB (standard mode)
- 15-200 Hz +/- 3 dB (extended mode)
- 16-200 Hz +/- 3 dB (sealed mode)
- Roll-off slope specifically optimized to take maximum advantage of available room gain
- 2-meter ground plane away from reflective structures (quasi-anechoic)
- Premium Piano Gloss Black finish
- Protective non-resonant steel mesh grille
- Down-firing 13.5" (343mm) driver
- Rear-mounted amplifier
- Screw-in elastomer SoundPath Subwoofer Isolation System
- Robust Medium Density Fibreboard (MDF) cabinet construction
- Cabinet Dimensions (WxHxD): 419 x 1,190 x 419mm
- Shipped Dimensions: 478 x 1,292 487mm
- Weight (unboxed): 41.9 kg
- Shipping Weight: 49.35kg
- High-performance SVS 4000 Series Subwoofer Driver - optimised for sealed cabinet design
- Proprietary 13.5” (343mm) Driver with finely tuned Overhung Motor Configuration
- 22.5kg Woofer with 20.1kg for the motor
- Overhung 53mm Xmax, 91.6mm Xmech precision aligned excursion
- 8-layer aluminium flat wire edge wound 3” voice coil for ultra-low distortion, efficient heat dissipation, exceptional linearity and nearly zero power compression
- Two massive, dedicated toroidal ferrite magnets generate unparalleled levels of magnetic force to drive the highest levels of excursion, SPL, and start/go power for the deepest and most authoritative bass possible
- All-new High density FEA-optimised cast aluminium basket provides unequaled levels of rigidity, tensile strength, and energy transference available from a subwoofer
- Dual 24-strand copper and Nomex composite high-temperature leads woven through the suspension provide a pristine electrical connection from the amplifier to the voice coil
- Premium glass fibre laminated dustcap and reinforced and vented paper-composite cone sub-structure ensure a light, ridged, and neutral radiating surface.
- Precision machined motor elements and narrow tolerance suspension parts produce unmatched linearity at full excursion for exceptionally tight and fast output, even at reference volumes
- Extreme oversized low carbon vented steel U-yoke and top plate provide superior cooling and improved magnetics for maximum performance and efficiency.
- Copper ring shorting sleeve reduces gap induction and distortion, enhances thermal conductivity
- Nickle-plated high-tension spring terminals
- Proprietary injection moulded gasket and parabolic PBR extreme-excursion surround maintains ideal pistonic motion for pinpoint accuracy and control
- Low carbon 1008 steel components with black electrophoresis plating
- Massively powerful Sledge 1,200-watt continuous Class D design with 4,000+ watts of Peak Power
- Unmatched intelligence from user adjustable low pass, phase, polarity and room gain compensation with three parametric EQs and port tuning (Ported models only) for absolute best alignment with speakers and optimised performance in any room
- Groundbreaking SVS Bluetooth DSP control app for iOS and Android devices with three user presets allow custom tuning for every room and system
- High efficiency cool-running Class D switching topology with massive 32 Amp 600 Volt MOSFET’s result in lower EMI and highest efficiency while providing effortless power to produce SPLs and low frequency output with pristine clarity well beyond reference listening levels
- High resolution 50Mhz Analogue Devices Audio DSP with double precision 56bit filtering is most advanced subwoofer processor available for perfect audio reproduction
- 100v-240v full range input active Power Factor Correction (PFC) pre-regulates mains to solid 360V DC regardless of mains voltage or quality so the sound quality never falters no matter what’s coming out of the wall
- Active PFC lowers average current and smooths mains input current allowing for 1200W output from a standard 15A mains circuit
- XLR and RCA stereo input/output with ultra-wide input voltage for consumer and professional audio applications
- Convenient front-mounted display featuring new Intelligent Feature Control (IFC) with bright blue dimmable/defeatable 8-digit LED front display
- Custom EQ and DSP limiter settings tuned specifically for the PC-4000 cylinder cabinet design
- Auto/On and 3-30V AC/DC trigger for Maximum Installation Convenience
- Input impedance 22kohm (unbalanced RCA)/ 22kohm (balanced XLR)
- Green 0.5-watt low standby power consumption
- RoHS compliant, lead-free construction, world-wide safety certifications
SVS App Specs:
- The most powerful and flexible Bluetooth controlled subwoofer DSP app, works with both iOS and Android operating systems
- Easiest and most convenient way to adjust crossover frequencies, parametric EQ, polarity, room gain and all other bass management functions
- Three convenient custom presets allow for perfect tuning in any room or system, from your favourite seat
- Single tap adjustment for controlling variable port tuning with standard, extended and sealed modes
- Unique bidirectional feedback shows adjustments in real time on both app and subwoofer interface
- Easy-to-follow tutorial provides clear guidance for all functions
- Protective non-resonant steel mesh grill
- IR remote control
- 3 x Foam Port Tuning Plugs
- SoundPath Subwoofer Isolation System
- Extra heavy-duty, high current 1.8m power cord
- PC-4000 Subwoofer Manual
- Quick Start Guide
- 5 years
Note: Features & Specifications Subject To Change Without Notice. E&OE