Sony X90H 65" 4K Full Array LED Android TV
Why Are So Many Items Out Of Stock? A worldwide microchip shortage and other pandemic-related challenges have slowed the supply of products in many industries. We are working with all our brands to replenish stock and fill backorders asap. The ETA listed is currently the best advice we have and may be subject to change as we receive updates. At this time the supplier of this product does not permit it to be sold online. Please contact us for purchasing options. Thank you for your patience and for shopping at Audio Trends.
Full-Array LED Backlight With Local Dimming For Excellent Picture Contrast And Black Levels
Sony X-Motion Clarity (200Hz refresh rate)
High Dynamic Range Extends Picture Contrast And Brightness When Viewing HDR Content
3 Year Sony Warranty For Total Peace of Mind
The Sony X90H 65" 4K capable Pro Bravia TV delivers a very appealing combination of performance and value. This level of picture quality and smart TV conveniences used to cost a lot more. As you may know, Sony builds a lot of the pro 4K cameras, lenses, and monitors used in Hollywood and that helps explain how the set can deliver such a rich, cinema-like picture.
The Sony Bravia X90H display is optimised for professional applications including conference rooms, shops and offices, but is also brilliant for those customers who demand the best for their home theatre or a bright media room.
Ultra 4K Resolution: For the ultimate in picture quality, this TV pairs the brilliance of 4K clarity with the brightness, colour and detail of High Dynamic Range (HDR). With 4K UHD, you'll see more on TV than ever before with over 8 million individual pixels (3,840 x 2,160) compared to about 2 million (1,920 x 1,080) on a1080p HDTV. The detail is so vivid and crisp, even when viewed from close distances; it's nearly impossible to discern a single pixel, even from just a few centimetres away. Combined with 4K Ultra HD resolution, HDR video content delivers exceptional detail, colour and contrast, with a far wider range of brightness than other video formats. The result is the most lifelike picture TVs have ever been able to create, with brilliant highlights and fine detail.
4K HDR Processor X1: The Sony UHD TV is exclusively powered by Sony's proprietary 4K HDR processor X1 for rich 4K images with real world detail and texture. The 4K Processor X1 utilises advanced algorithms and incorporates innovative technologies to produce pictures that are sharp, clear, and incredibly lifelike. You'll see pure colours at higher brightness levels for exceptionally realistic pictures.
4K X-Reality Pro Upscaler Dual Database Processing: Sony's 4K X-Reality Pro Upscaler w/ Dual Database Processing enhances Ultra-HD, HD, and SD images by analysing and refining images with beautifully natural detail and clarity. One database is used to clean the picture, reducing on-screen noise. The other is used to upscale the resolution, improving clarity. These two powerful image improvement databases work together, dynamically improving pixels in real time. Each database has tens of thousands of references, amassed from our experience creating content for TV and movies over the years. With 4K X-Reality PRO and Dual Database Processing, every image is upscaled closer to true 4K quality for remarkable clarity. This 4K television upscales your favourite TV shows, DVD and Blu-ray movies, even video-on-demand content, and smartphone videos to Ultra-HD.
HDR (High Dynamic Range): High Dynamic Range (HDR) enhances the dynamic range of a picture, increasing the contrast between the brightest whites and darkest blacks. Every pixel is made more accurate, regardless of resolution, bringing scenes to life with greater detail. HDR's greater dynamic range of luminosity or brightness levels brings greater contrast & wider colour spectrum to the screen. This increased contrast reveals the subtle nuances of the image, from detailed blacks and shadows to the brightest whites and colours, plus greater depth. Previously hidden areas of dark shadow and sunlight are now full of clarity and detail. Movies and TV shows in HDR are closer to the original recording and the director's vision with more brightness, contrast and colour, for a truly lifelike viewing experience.
Sony Proprietary "X" Technologies: The Sony Ultra-HD 4K TV utilises proprietary Sony "X" technologies to create a picture with dynamic contrast and smooth motion.
- X-tended Dynamic Range Pro (6x): The TV's full-array LED backlight system w/ local dimming and X-tended Dynamic Range PRO technology lets you enjoy beautiful night shots, full of dazzling lights and deeper blacks. With up to 6x the contrast of conventional LED-LCD TVs, this 4K HDR TV with X-tended Dynamic Range PRO ensures dark scenes are darker and bright scenes brighter. By precisely balancing the light output across the screen, dimming some areas and boosting others, X-tended Dynamic Range PRO reveals a brightness range 6x that of a conventional LED-LCD TV.
- X-Motion Clarity: On some screens, sports and fast action scenes can seem to go by in a blur. Sony's latest X-Motion Clarity technology keeps everything smooth, bright and clear. Each "blink" is individually controlled and its duration optimised, while brightness is boosted when needed, so you won't miss a thing. X-Motion Clarity technology keeps fast action smooth and clear. Moving images are precisely controlled to minimise blur. Even during high speed scenes, pictures stay true with no loss in brightness.
ARC (Audio Return Channel): The Audio Return Channel within the television's HDMI 3 input enables the TV, via a single HDMI cable, to send audio data "upstream" to an AV receiver; increasing user flexibility and eliminating the need for any separate S/PDIF audio connection. This feature allows audio to be sent from the television to your AV receiver through the same HDMI cable already being used to send audio/video to the television. This eliminates the need for extra cables connected to the TV.
Wired or Wireless Network Connection: The Sony Ultra-HD TV supports a wired or wireless network connection. Via the TV's network connection you gain access to Android TV and Google Play, as well as content stored on your network computer. You also get the ability to stream content from your Android or Apple iOS mobile device to the TV. In addition, the TV supports WiFi Direct for wireless connectivity between WiFi enabled devices without a router.
Remote Control: The remote offers soft push-button control and features a built-in mic for voice recognition. The built-in microphone provides voice control of select Android TV functions through the built-in Google Assistant. The remote even has dedicated Google Play & Netflix buttons, so you can access your Netflix movies and TV shows quicker. The remote control operates the TV via Bluetooth, but can also be programmed to operate cable boxes and satellite receivers via IR. In addition, the TV is compatible with universal IR remote controls (such as the Logitech Harmony - sold separately).
Digital Voice Assistant Control: The Sony UHD TV will support voice control of select functions through the built-in Google Assistant & optional Amazon Alexa enabled devices via a wireless network connection.
Remote Apps: The Sony Ultra-HD TV offers remote control capability through your Android or Apple iOS device via the Android TV Remote App or Sony's Video & TV SideView Remote App. Apple iPad users can even use the Spotlight by Samba TV app (not available everywhere) with the Sony UHD TV to get content recommendations.
Smarthome Control: The Sony UHD TV can be integrated with smarthome devices that are compatible with Google Assistant (built-in), Apple HomeKit (sold separately). Smarthome control requires that the Sony TV and all compatible devices be connected to the same WiFi wireless network.
Netflix Recommended: This Sony TV is a Netflix Recommended TV. This is due to the fact that it offers a unique feature set which makes Netflix even easier to use and enjoy. The Sony TV has an Instant On feature so the TV wakes and apps are ready to use right away. In addition, the TV turns on and launches Netflix with one press of the Netflix button on the included IR remote. Online apps, including Netflix, can resume quickly and return where you left off. Its Android TV interface and operating system enables easy navigation and switching between apps and inputs.
Digital Signage: It's easy to create attractive digital signage, mixing media files and online content with no need for additional player hardware. There's also a wide range of APIs (Application Programming Interface) options to enable remote control/monitoring and integration with external systems. Android TV makes your professional display experience even smarter, allowing you to search apps and content with easy hands-free voice searches. Integration in corporate environments is simplified by Pro mode that allows easy customisation of display settings to suit different applications.
The 90 series of 4K HDTV's from Sony are exceptional in every area and suit the price-conscious customer who wants the biggest bang for the buck. It delivers good picture quality thanks to its excellent contrast ratio, high peak brightness, and wide colour gamut. It has a fast response time that results in very little motion blur, and its input lag is low enough to satisfy even serious gamers. HDR content is delivered with vibrant colours and highlights that pop. The only negative is that it has a narrow viewing angle which means that viewers need to sit more towards the middle or just off centre to enjoy a good picture. If this is a problem, step up to the 95H series which can be viewed from quite extreme angles. Sound likewise is "TV sound" so you do need a decent soundbar and subwoofer combination and big enough to deliver you an audio performance equal to the size of the image and room. We also like the 3-year in-house Sony warranty.
Main Features & Specifications
- Model: FWD65X90H with Networking and integration features.
- Screen Diagonal: 64.5" (1640mm)
- Screen Resolution: 4K (3840 x 2160 pixels)
- Blur Reduction: X-Motion Clarity blur reduction (200Hz refresh rate/100Hz Native)
- High Dynamic Range Format: Dolby Vision, HDR10, HLG. These 'extend' picture contrast and brightness when viewing HDR content
- Full-Array Direct-Lit LED Backlight With Local Dimming: Delivers excellent picture contrast and black levels
- TRILUMINOS Display Technology: For a wider colour range
- Picture Processor X1 4K HDR: Produces pictures rich with lifelike detail and texture
- 4K X-Reality PRO: Upscales images to near-4K clarity
- Object-based HDR Remaster: Improves color and contrast for SDR (Standard Dynamic Range) content
- Super Bit Mapping 4K HDR: Reduces banding for a smoother, more natural picture
- Netflix Calibrated Mode: Mimics the settings on Netflix's mastering monitors to ensure an accurate picture
- "Ready for PlayStation 5" (requires future firmware update)
- 4K @ 200Hz, eARC, variable refresh rate, ALLM (Auto Low Latency Mode)
Video Source Compatibility
- Compatible Video Streaming Apps: Watch streamed 4K video sources like Netflix, Stan, Disney-plus, Amazon Prime, Foxtel, Kayo, Optus Sport and YouTube (requires internet speed of at least 20Mbps); some services require a subscription.
- Free-to-Air TV: Inbuilt digital tuner receives over-the-air HDTV broadcasts (antenna required)
Smart TV Features
- Android TV with Chromecast built-in lets you cast your favourite entertainment apps and video content from your Android or iOS device, or laptop
- Compatible with Apple HomeKit and AirPlay 2 to allow wireless streaming from your iPhone, iPad, or Mac (via future firmware update)
- supports voice control of compatible apps:
- Built-in Google Assistant: Controls basic TV functions and works with compatible voice control assistants
- Amazon Alexa: Works with Amazon Alexa-compatible voice control assistants
- Wi-Fi: Dual-band Wi-Fi 5 provides fast, reliable wireless streaming
- HDMI Inputs: 4 HDMI 2.0 inputs are HDCP 2.3 compatible for connecting to copy-protected 4K video sources
- to view the highest-quality 4K and HDR content from connected sources, use a high-bandwidth HDMI cable
- eARC/ARC: The HDMI 3 input supports eARC/ARC
- Composite Video Input: 1 - 3.5mm A/V minijack — adapter cable required
- Antenna Input: RF input for antenna/cable signals
- Toslink optical digital audio output (can pass Dolby Digital/DTS multichannel or 2-channel audio from connected sources)
- Audio Output: 3.5mm stereo minijack headphone output — can also be connected to a sound bar or other audio system
- Ethernet Port: For the fastest, most secure internet connection
- USB Inputs: One 2.0 and one 3.0 for connecting a thumb drive or hard drive
- Speakers: Built-in down-firing speakers (10 watts x 2)
- Bluetooth wireless audio streaming: To a compatible speaker or set of headphones
- the TV's built-in speakers and audio outputs are disabled when streaming audio to Bluetooth headphones or speakers
- Voice Remote with built-in microphone
- Dimensions With Stand (WxHxD): 1450 x 903 x 338mm
- Dimensions Without Stand (WxHxD): 1450 x 833 x 70mm
- Nett Weight: 23.2kg with stand; 22.2kg without stand
- Wall-mountable (bracket sold separately)
- VESA mounting hole pattern: 300mm x 300mm
- Manufacturer's Warranty: 3 year parts & labor — in-home service
Note: Features & Specifications Subject To Change Without Notice