Q Acoustics QB12 Subwoofer
Please Note: This item is in stock and ready for despatch. Please note that it may not be on demonstration or available for immediate in-store collection.
Huge 305mm (12") Driver With 220 Watts Of Big Power and Ground-shaking Bass
Dynamic and Precise 'with Infinite Baffle' Design
A Superb Complement For Q-Acoustics And Other Speakers
About The Q Acoustics QB12 Subwoofer
The Q Acoustics QB12 Subwoofer is here to shake the floor of your living room and test your relationship with your neighbours. Featuring a 305mm (12") driver powered by a 220 Watt Class D amplifier, the QB12 is dynamic and ready to rumble.
The QB12 is the first of its kind in the Q Acoustics family, being the first Q Acoustics subwoofer to feature a 12-inch driver. This big long-throw driver is powered by an ultra low-distortion 220-Watt Class D amplifier for tight, powerful bass response, and features a 50mm voice coil for minimal thermal compression. The QB12 delivers pure power when you want it but is detailed and dynamic enough to reproduce the deep, subtle textures of bass instruments. The QB12 is designed to be right at home with the Q Acoustics 3000i range of stereo and centre speakers but will also complement other brands of speakers. With a nett weight of 18.5kg it is a hefty piece of kit!
Subtle Nuance To Complete Action: 220 Watts of Class D power driving a long-throw 12in drive unit sounds like a recipe for action. And that’s exactly what it is - no Hollywood blockbuster soundtrack features explosions too loud, too deep or too powerful for Q B12 to handle. But power is nothing without control, and Q B12 is just as comfortable describing the nuances of a double bass or an electronic kick-drum.
Strength And Control: QB12’s sealed, ‘infinite baffle’ cabinet is cleverly braced to deliver maximum stiffness to its motor system and, as a consequence, minimum influence on those deep bass sounds. Mechanical stability = aural satisfaction.
Seamless Setup: A reinforced MDF cabinet with a 36mm-thick baffle, a recessed and hidden terminal panel. Adjustable spiked feet with rubber caps. A choice of elegant, understated finishes. Q B12 is a simple and easy to position and set up as it is invigorating to listen to.
QB12 In The News
"Q Acoustics promises power, and the QB12 more than delivers – used without care, it is likely to annoy your neighbours...the QB12 smashes through the action like a steam train, hitting you right in the stomach and taking your whole body along with it." - What Hi-Fi 5/5
Main Features & Specifications
- Product Description: Q Acoustics QB12 Subwoofer
- Drive Unit: 305mm (12”) high-excursion and stiffness paper, straight-sided cone
- Peak Amplifier Power: 440 Watts
- Continuous Amplifier Power: 220 Watts
- Power type: Class D
- Frequency Range: 28 Hz – 300 Hz
- Crossover Frequency Range: 70 Hz - 225 Hz
- Input Impedance: 13 kΩ
- Input Sensitivity: 150 mV
- Enclosure Type: Infinite Baffle
- Enclosure Material: MDF
- Floor Spikes Included: 4
- Available Colours: Carbon Black or Arctic White
- Dimensions (WxHxD): 400 x 400 x 446mm
- Weight: 18.5 kg
- Manufacturer’s Warranty: 2 Years
Note: Features & Specifications Subject To Change Without Notice. E&OE.
- Cambridge Audio AXA35/AXC35 Q Acoustics 3020i CD Stereo SystemSpecial Price $2,199.00 (Normally Regular Price $2,428.00 )
- Q Acoustics 3030i SpeakersPriced from $655.00 (Normally Regular Price $699.00 )
- Q Acoustics Q3030FSi Speaker StandsPriced from $390.00