ProJect Tube Box S2 Phono Preamplifier
Please Note: This item is in stock and ready for despatch. Please note that it may not be on demonstration or available for immediate in-store collection.
Natural Sounding Valve Phono Preamplifier
Compatible With Moving Magnet (MM) & Moving Coil (MC) Phono Cartridges
Front Panel Gain & Subsonic Filter Selection
Switchable Input Impedance/Capacitance Settings For Better Cartridge & System Matching
About The ProJect Tube Box S2 Phono Preamplifier
The Pro-Ject Tube Box S2: audiophile, versatile & affordable! This is a truly superb Phono Preamplifier and great for those who want to really capture the true essence of vinyl.
Pro-Ject's Tube Box S2 phono preamplifier features a tube output stage and offers unrivalled performance and unique flexibility at an incredibly affordable price. It's one of the most economical ways to enjoy the warm inviting clarity of vacuum tube phono gear that we know of, and the ultra-compact size means that the Tube Box S2 can fit almost anywhere. The sonic quality of the Tube Box S2 is extremely impressive, offering a big improvement over Pro-Ject's great sounding Phono Box S. It offers a big improvement over the built-in phono stage on most amps and receivers and offers a perfect upgrade for most analogue hi-fi systems.
Tube Box S2 is Pro-Ject's very first product to feature a fully discreet circuit design without using any operational amplifiers (OpAmps). It also is the first product to come with replaceable tubes for tube rolling and sound-shaping. This gives you many options to choose from to alter the sound signature to your preference. Tube Box S2 provides a full and relaxed sound with sumptuous mids, just like you would expect from a more ‘high end’ tube phono preamplifier. It offers support for both MM and MC cartridges and comes with a selection of gain settings which can be switched from the front panel. Five variable input impedance settings are available to adjust for any MM cartridge. The 47k ohms input impedance setting is fixed and suited for high output MC cartridges. The aluminum/metal casing is used in the Pro-Ject's DS2 line and does a good job of protecting against vibrations and electromagnetic interferences for superior sound.
This is, all-in-all, a true high end solution in a small package.
Pro-Ject Audio Systems was founded in 1991 by Heinz Lichtenegger. The products are designed in Mistelbach, Austria and exclusively made in Europe at manufacturing plants in the Czech Republic and Slovakia and then shipped to more than 80 countries world-wide. Pro-Ject are best known for their high quality belt drive turntables which are often seen as the best in class at their various price points. In particular the Debut series of turntables has been the go-to record player of choice for many a budding music lover at the affordable end of the price spectrum.
Pro-Ject turntables allow you to experience again the clarity, warmth and magic to be found in the grooves on your vinyl, at very reasonable prices. With simple designs and high construction standards, performance has always been the priority. Fully manual operation coupled with the best materials and components available at each price level ensures the best possible value. Of course, here at Audio Trends, we've been selling them since the beginning of time (almost) and due to our passion for all things analogue - read vinyl - can tell you everything you need to know about our fantastic range of their products.
Whilst turntables are a large part of the Pro-Ject story the company has also ventured into high quality micro sized audio products in recent years including phono preamps, DAC’s, streamers and amplifiers.
Main Features & Specifications
- Suitable for MM and MC cartridges
- Precise RIAA equalisation in two parts, passive/active
- Fully discreet circuit design without OpAmps
- 2x ECC83 tubes (replaceable)
- Front mounted Subsonic filter button
- Front mounted Gain control
- Ultra low noise circuitry with FET input stage
- Dual mono circuitry for optimized channel separation
- Polystyrene capacitors used where possible
- Gold-plated RCA sockets
- External power adaptor and multiple internal power supplies
- Well-filtrated high-voltage anode power supply
- Sandwich aluminium/metal casing protects from vibrations and electromagnetic interference
- Tubes: 2 x ECC83 (12AX 7A)
- Input impedance: 10 ohms, 100 ohms, 1 kohm, 2 kohms
- Input capacitance/impedance: 47pF, 147pF, 267pF, 367 pF, 487 pF and 587 pF* / 47 k ohms, Together with other input impedance settings without any influence!
- Input gain: 40 dB, 43 dB / 50 dB, 60 dB und 63 dB
- Noise floor: 80 dB (A weighted) at 40 dB input gain, 75dB (A weighted) at 50 dB and 63 dB input gain
- THD: <0.02% at 40 dB input gain <0.05% at 50 dB and 63 dB input gain
- RIAA-equalisation curve accuracy: Maximum deviation 0.4 dB/20 Hz - 20 kHz
- Subsonic filter: at 20 Hz with 18 dB/octave
- Input: Stereo RCA sockets
- Line-level output: Stereo RCA sockets
- Outboard power supply: 18 V / 1.000 mA DC
- Power consumption: 470 mA DC, <1W in standby
- Available Finishes: Black or Silver
- Dimensions (WxHxD) including sockets: 103 x 73 x 131 mm
- Weight: 410 g without power supply
- Manufacturer's Warranty: Electronics 2 Years, Valves 90 Days
Note: Features & Specifications Subject To Change Without Notice. E&OE
- ProJect Debut Pro TurntableSpecial Price $1,079.00 (Normally Regular Price $1,199.00 )
- Rega Planar 3/Ortofon 2M Blue TurntablePriced from $1,699.00 (Normally Regular Price $1,818.00 )
- Ortofon 2M Blue Moving Magnet CartridgeSpecial Price $329.00 (Normally Regular Price $369.00 )
- ProJect Phono Box DS2 Phono PreamplifierPriced from $495.00 (Normally Regular Price $549.00 )
- ProJect Tube Box DS2 Phono PreamplifierPriced from $1,079.00 (Normally Regular Price $1,199.00 )