ProJect Primary E Turntable (Black)
Please Note: This item is in stock and ready for despatch. Please note that it may not be on demonstration or available for immediate in-store collection.
Your Entry Into The World Of Quality Vinyl Playback
Rigid Aluminium Tonearm, Plays Both 33's & 45's, Easy Setup
Includes Pre-Installed Ortofon OM5e MM Cartridge
About The Project Primary E Turntable
Pro-Ject's Elemental turntable is the entry into the world of quality vinyl playback. With sturdy construction, a quality Ortofon cartridge and sound that is authentic and rhythmic, the Elemental is designed to bring a smile to your face and a dance to your step.
There's nothing more abhorrent than the tacky, plastic $19.95 turntables you can find in a department store. Not to play the 'holier than thou' card, but whenever someone tells us they're getting into vinyl with a 'table like this, we're shocked.
There are a lot of reasons to get started in the vinyl game. If you're chasing rare records, love high fidelity or are just passionate about music, listening to records is really set apart when it sounds better than anything else. And the truth is… you just don't get that using the cheapest possible turntables available.
We're addressing this issue with our new Elemental turntable. For first timers or penny-pinching audiophiles, this is the best price-to-performance available.
It's plug 'n' play all the way, with a pre-installed Ortofon cartridge, fully weighted counterweight and pre-adjusted anti-skating weight. With a new straight, ultra low mass tonearm optimised for the renowned Ortofon OM cartridge series, all you need to do is remove the bearing and stylus guard, put the belt on and plug it in.
The hidden secret to the Elemental's sonic success is a central gravity mass point, made from artificial stone and placed directly underneath the platter bearing. It's capable of fully absorbing unwanted rumble and motor vibration. But if you want to get technical, just check out the flattering specs.
At the end of the day, this is a budget turntable like no other: a simple, high quality build that will perform unlike anything else in the entry level.
Main Features & Specifications
- Belt drive system with low vibration DC motor
- Central gravity mass point made from artificial stone
- Main platter bearing made from stainless steel runs in bronze brushing with Teflon bottom
- Low resonance MDF platter with felt mat
- 8.6” ultra low mass tonearm with straight arm tube
- Pre-adjusted tracking force & antiskating
- Gold-plated RCA contacts & cartridge pins
- Speed: 33, 45 (manual speed change)
- Speed variance: 33: 0.2% 45: 0.18%
- Wow & flutter: 33: 0.14% 45: 0.13%
- Platter: 300mm MDF
- Tonearm: 8.6” metal tube
- Effective arm length: 218.5mm
- Overhang: 22.0 mm
- Effective tonearm mass: 8.0gr
- Counterweight for cartridge mass: 3 - 5.5g (included)
- Tracking force range: 0 - 30mn (OM5 18mn pre-adjusted)
- Output: RCA to phono input
- Included accessories: RCA cable, 15V DC power supply
- Power consumption: 4.0 watts
- Dimensions (WxHxD): 430 x 90 x 300mm
- Weight: 2.7kg
- Manufacturers Warranty: 2 Years
Note: Features & Specifications Subject To Change Without Notice. E&OE.