Parasound Halo P6 Stereo Preamplifier
Please Note: This product is in stock at our supplier's warehouse and will be ready for pickup or immediate despatch within 1-2 days. Thank you for shopping at Audio Trends.
Phono Input Accepts Both Moving Magnet And Moving Coil Cartridges
High Quality ESS Sabre32 Reference DAC And High Quality Headphone Amplifier
Hi-Res Coaxial, Optical & USB Digital Inputs
About The Parasound Halo P6 Stereo Preamplifier
The Halo P6 Preamplifier stays true to Parasound’s mission, to put great sound into stunning packages. That’s exactly what they’ve done with the P6. Taking over from its predecessor the P5, the P6 comes with a plethora of new features.
Halo is Parasound’s premier line. Halo products have a reputation for going head-to-head with some of the most expensive reference equipment on the market while costing a fraction of the price. The sheer quantity of rave reviews and honors is unmatched and without precedent. In fact, many of Parasound’s Halo products are stereophile class A recommended Components. The P6 is no exception! With plenty of new features to boot.
ESS Sabre32 Reference DAC: The DAC in the P6 helps widen your software playback options via two optical, one coaxial and a new USB receiver - now with plug-and-play support for Windows 10 in addition to Mac. The USB input inside the P6 supports PCM up to 384 kHz/32-bit, native DSD256, and DoP DSD bit streams. The coax and optical inputs accept PCM up to 192 kHz/24-bit.
Perfect For Vinyl Lovers: The halo P6 Comes equipped with a high quality phono stage that supports MM (The most common), MC and MI cartridges. You can select these through the new three-position load/cartridge selector switch.
Dedicated Headphone Amplifier: The high quality features continue with the inclusion of a quality current-feedback headphone amplifier in the P6. The clever design of this headphone amp helps prevent distortions that lead to listening fatigue. The amplifier can drive headphones up to 600 ohms.
The Parasound Halo P6 is the perfect addition to any modern home stereo or home theatre system. With plenty more features such as balanced and unbalanced subwoofer outputs, high-pass and low-pass crossovers, Burr-Brown Volume Control and Theatre Bypass inputs it’s a truly must-have Pre Amplifier.
In the complicated landscape of audio, many companies, particularly in the USA, put stratospheric price tags on great performance. Parasound have a different philosophy with an aimto offer the most performance for the money by finding the sweetest spot between price and diminishing returns. If you're reading this then you are undoubtedly a music lover and audio enthusiast and should be interested in looking for top-tier sound without breaking the bank and this is why you need to seriously listen to Parasound products. Everything they do at Parasound is customer-centric because that's how they define value. Every time another expert reviews a Parasound product to equipment that costs significantly more, Parasound has equalled or even surpassed the competitor.
Each new model is tested, improved and re-tested under worst-case conditions. It comes to market only when it is a finished product that's ready to stand the test of time. Parasound was founded not just on engineering expertise, but also 15 years of experience in retail audio. It may be a cliché, but they really do treat their customers the way they would like to be treated. And that includes Audio Trends and their customers here in Victoria, Australia. A long list of companies like Pixar and Sony, for whom money is no object, choose Parasound. Every Parasound products has the same chance of going to your home as it does to Lucasfilm or Capitol Records. When you choose Parasound you're getting uncompromised quality for every model. They all use the best parts and each must pass their strictest quality assurance. Come and see and hear why we love them.
Main Features & Specifications
- Product Description: Parasound Halo P6 Stereo Preamplifier
- Frequency Response: 10 Hz - 100 kHz, +0/-3 dB
- Total Harmonic Distortion (THD):< 0.01 %
- Preamplifier Stage Input Sensitivity: 300 mV in for 1 V
- S/N Ratio - Line Inputs 1- 5: > 108 dB (shorted, IHF A-weighted)
- Phono Stage Sensitivity / Input Impedance
- MM: 38 dB / 47 k Ω
- MC: 52 dB / 47 k Ω or 100 Ω
- Input Impedance
- Unbalanced: 24 k Ω Balanced: 100 k Ω per leg Preamplifier
- Output Impedance
- Unbalanced: 100 Ω
- Balanced: 470 Ω per leg
- High and Low Pass Crossover Slope: 12 dB per octave
- Volume Control: Burr Brown analog resistor ladder volume control
- Volume Knob: Ball bearing supported solid aluminium volume knob
- Volume Memory: Favourite volume memory with remote control button
- DAC: ESS Sabre32 Reference DAC (ES9018K2M)
- Supported DAC Sampling Rates
- USB: up to 384 kHz / 32-bit PCM
- DSD Native: DSD 64, DSD 128, DSD 256
- DSD over PCM (DoP) at 384 kHz
- Coax / Optical: up to 192 kHz / 24-bit
- PCM: Asynchronous USB supports PCM up to 384kHz/32-bit
- USB Input: Decodes Native DSD256 and DoP DSD
- Coax and Optical Inputs: Accept PCM up to 192kHz/24-bit
- Analogue Bass Management: With high/low pass crossovers
- Home Theatre Bypass Input: Perfect for surround sound integration
- Subwoofer Level Control
- Headphone Amplifier: Dedicated high current headphone amplifier
- Phono Input: Compatible with MM or MC with 100 Ω or 47k Ω load
- Front Panel Aux Input: With automatic +12 dB gain stage
- Line-Level Inputs: 5 pairs RCA line level inputs, 1 pair XLR balanced input
- Balanced XLR and RCA left and right preamp outputs
- Subwoofer Outputs: 1 balanced XLR and 2 RCA subwoofer outputs
- Bass and Treble Controls: With relay bypass from remote
- Rear Panel IR Input and IR Loop Output Jacks
- 12 Volt Trigger Output: Can operate other compatible components
- Remote Control: Back-lit remote control with discrete buttons
- Power Requirement
- Standby: 0.5 watts
- Power On: 15 watts
- 250 Volts AC 50Hz
- Available Finishes: Black & Silver
- Dimensions: WxHxD: 437 x 105 x 381mm
- Net Weight: 6.35kg
- Manufacturer's Warranty: 3 Years
Note: Features & Specifications Subject To Change Without Notice. E&OE