Parasound Halo P6/A23+ Pre-Power Combo
Please Note: This product is in stock at our supplier's warehouse and will be ready for pickup or immediate despatch within 1-2 days. Thank you for shopping at Audio Trends.
Power Output Is A Conservative 160 Watts per Channel
High Quality ESS Sabre32 Reference DAC
High Quality Headphone Amplifier
High Quality MM/MC Phono Input
Available Finishes: Black & Silver
About The Parasound Halo P6/A23+ Pre-Power Combo
The Halo P6/A23+ Pre-Power Combo combines pure quality and heavenly sound that stays true to Parasound’s mission, to constantly innovate and put great sound into stunning packages.
Halo is Parasound’s premier line. Halo products have a reputation for going head-to-head with some of the most expensive reference equipment on the market while costing a fraction of the price. The sheer quantity of rave reviews and honours is unmatched and without precedent. In fact, many of Parasound’s Halo products are stereophile class A recommended Components and have been for the past sixteen years. The P6 and A23+ is no exception!
The P6/A23+ Combo contains quality design and plenty of features that are perfect for a medium sized room.
The Halo P6
The Parasound Halo P6 is the perfect addition to any modern home stereo or home theatre system. The new DAC in the P6 helps widen your software playback options via two optical, one coaxial and a new USB receiver - now with plug-and-play support for Windows 10 in addition to Mac. The USB input inside the P6 supports PCM up to 384 kHz/32-bit, native DSD256, and DoP DSD bit streams. The coax and optical inputs accept PCM up to 192 kHz/24-bit.
The P6 is also perfect For Vinyl Lovers. The halo P6 Comes equipped with a high quality phono stage that supports MM (The most common), MC and MI cartridges. You can select these through the new three-position load/cartridge selector switch.
The high quality features continue with the inclusion of a quality current-feedback headphone amplifier in the P6. The clever design of this headphone amp helps prevent distortions that lead to listening fatigue. The amplifier can drive headphones up to 600 ohms. With plenty more features such as balanced and unbalanced subwoofer outputs, high-pass and low-pass crossovers, Burr-Brown Volume Control and Theatre Bypass inputs it’s a truly must-have stereo pre-amp.
The Halo A23+
The A23+ is the next iteration up from the previous A23 power amplifier but don’t be misled, Parasound have not simply placed a plus on the end of the A23 and said ‘done’. They’ve put their desire to enhance throughout the A23+ and all to benefit the listener.
Performance Upgrades: The performance upgrades are impressive, beginning with a big 25% to 30% increase in output power compared to the previous model. The A23+ delivers 160 Watts-per-channel at 8 Ohms compared to 125 watts-per-channel for the A23, 240 watts-per-channel compared to 225 watts-per-channel at 4 ohms, and 500 watts in bridged mono mode compared to 400 Watts with the A23. The performance of a power amplifier is highly dependent on the quality of its power supply, and Parasound went the extra mile with the A23+, which boasts a 10% to 15% larger main power transformer compared to the previous model A23. Transformer size has been increased from 1.0 to 1.1kVA, and the filter capacitance increases 20-30% from 40,000 uF for the A23 to 54,400 uF for the new A23+. The A23+ presents lower distortion at full power, meaning, you’re going to hear the benefits of these upgrades. Other performance upgrades include tweaked input circuits for improved crosstalk specs (70 dB at 20 kHz compared to 63 dB) and upgraded internal gold on gold audio connections, resulting in a cleaner signal path that's also more reliable.
Rear Panel Upgrades: The features and layout of the A23+ have been updated. The A23+ now features upgraded speaker terminals a new jack/terminal layout with more space and more clear text/labels, and a master "Vacation" AC switch. The 2.5mm trigger jacks of the A23 have been replaced with 3.5mm jacks, and the audio trigger circuit has been updated for better low signal reliability.
Cosmetic Changes: Parasound's products always look sleek and stunning and this was also true of the A23, yet they found a way to improve those stunning looks even more with the A23+. Slim metal end caps, a gold accent stripe, gold feet and a new badge all give the A23+ a fresh beautiful look.
John Curl-Designed Circuitry: The circuitry of the A23 was engineered by legendary audio designer John Curl. Its direct-coupled topology uses no capacitors or inductors in the signal path for pure, uncoloured sound. Balanced inputs with discrete circuits and XLR connectors yield dead quiet operation. The complementary JFET input stage and MOSFET drive stage incorporates 12 beta-matched 15 amp, 60 MHz bipolar output transistors for pristine sound. The high-bias "Class A"/"Class AB" operation blends best sound with highest efficiency performance.
The A23's custom-made, high-current power supply is specially designed for exceptionally quiet operation along with ample power for climactic music passages. The 1.1KVA encapsulated toroidal power transformer uses independent secondary windings for each channel along with a 54,400 µF power supply filter capacitance. DC servo and relay protection circuits keep operation safe and reliable.
Instant Warm-up Feature: Like all the other amps in the Halo product series, the A23+ has Parasound's exclusive bias circuit, which permits the amplifier to sound perfect from the instant it's turned on, rather than having to wait for bias to gradually build up as the amp warms up over time. Even Halo's implementation of its automatic turn-on feature is exceptional. Special relays bypass the AC "soft start" circuitry after it's done its job for the purest AC and the purest sound.
In the complicated landscape of audio, many companies, particularly in the USA, put stratospheric price tags on great performance. Parasound have a different philosophy with an aim to offer the most performance for the money by finding the sweetest spot between price and diminishing returns. If you're reading this then you are undoubtedly a music lover and audio enthusiast and should be interested in looking for top-tier sound without breaking the bank and this is why you need to seriously listen to Parasound products. Everything they do at Parasound is customer-centric because that's how they define value. Every time another expert compares a Parasound product to equipment that costs significantly more, Parasound has equalled or even surpassed the competitor.
Each new model is tested, improved and re-tested under worst-case conditions. It comes to market only when it is a finished product that's ready to stand the test of time. Parasound was founded not just on engineering expertise, but also 15 years of experience in retail audio. It may be a cliché, but they really do treat their customers the way they would like to be treated. And that includes Audio Trends and their customers here in Victoria, Australia. A long list of companies like Pixar and Sony, for whom money is no object, choose Parasound. Every Parasound products has the same chance of going to your home as it does to Lucasfilm or Capitol Records. When you choose Parasound you're getting uncompromised quality for every model. They all use the best parts and each must pass their strictest quality assurance. Come and see and hear why we love them.
Main Features & Specifications
- Design (P6): 2.1 Channel Stereo Pre-Amplifier With Built-In DAC
- Frequency Response: 10 Hz - 100 kHz, +0/-3 dB
- 20 Hz - 20 kHz, +0/-0.5 dB
- Total Harmonic Distortion (THD): < 0.01 %
- S/N Ratio - Line Inputs 1- 5
- > 108 dB (shorted, IHF A-weighted)
- > 88 dB (shorted, unweighted)
- S/N Ratio - DAC Inputs
- > 108 dB (IHF A-weighted)
- > 88 dB (unweighted)
- S/N Ratio - Phono Input
- MM > 80 dB (shorted, IHF A-weighted)
- MM > 70 dB (shorted, unweighted)
- MC > 67 dB (shorted, IHF A-weighted)
- MC > 55 dB (shorted, unweighted)
- Phono Stage Sensitivity / Input Impedance
- MM: 38 dB / 47 k Ω
- MC: 52 dB / 47 k Ω or 100 Ω
- Input Impedance: Unbalanced: 24 k Ω Balanced: 100 k Ω per leg Preamplifier
- Output Impedance
- Unbalanced: 100 Ω
- Balanced: 470 Ω per leg
- High and Low Pass Crossover Slope: 12 dB per octave
- Supported DAC Sampling Rates
- USB: up to 384 kHz / 32-bit PCM
- DSD Native: DSD 64, DSD 128, DSD 256
- DSD over PCM (DoP) at 384 kHz
- Coax / Optical: up to 192 kHz / 24-bit
- PCM Digital to Analog Converter
- ESS Sabre32 Reference ES9018K2M
- 384 kHz / 32-bit
- USB 2.0 Controller
- Savitech SA9227, 384 kHz / 32-bit
- Headphone Amplifier:Texas Instruments TPA6120A
- Headphone Amplifier Output Impedance: 10 ohms
- Power Requirement
- Standby: 0.5 watts
- Power On: 15 watts
- Available Finishes: Black & Silver
- Dimensions(WxHxD): 437 x 105 x 381mm
- Net Weight: 6.35kg
A23+ Power Amplifier
- Design: Stereo Power Amplifier
- Power Output: Stereo Mode (0.06% THD)
- 160 Watts x 2, 8 Ohms Both Channels Driven
- 240 Watts x 2, 4 Ohms Both Channels Driven
- Power Output: Stereo Mode (0.9% THD)
- 210 Watts x 2, 8 Ohms Both Channels Driven
- 300 Watts x 2, 4 Ohms Both Channels Driven
- Current Capacity: 45 Amps Peak, Per Channel
- Slew Rate: 130 Volts Per microsecond
- Frequency Response: 5 Hz - 100 kHz, +0/-3 dB, 20 Hz - 20 kHz, +0/-0.25 dB
- Total Harmonic Distortion (THD): < 0.06 % at full power, < 0.03 % at typical listening levels
- IM Distortion: < 0.04 %
- Inter-channel Crosstalk: 85 dB at 1 kHz, 70 dB at 20 kHz
- Input Impedance: Unbalanced: 33 k Ohms, Balanced: 66 k Ohms,(33 k Ohms per leg)
- Total Gain: 29 dB
- S/N Ratio:
- 112 dB, input shorted, IHF A-weighted
- 107 dB, input shorted, unweighted
- Damping Factor: 800 at 20 Hz
- DC Trigger Requirements: +9 Vdc to +12 Vdc, 5 mA
- Audio Trigger Requirements: 2 mV - 10 mV
- XLR Pin Identification:
- 1 = Ground (Shield)
- 2 = Positive
- 3 = Negative (Return)
- Available Finishes: Black & Silver
- Dimensions (WxHxD): 437 x 105 x 388mm
- Net Weight: 12.2kg
- Warranty: 3 Years
Note: Features & Specifications Subject To Change Without Notice. E&OE