Paradigm Millenia LP2
Please Note: This product is in stock at our supplier's warehouse and will be ready for pickup or immediate despatch within 1-2 days. Thank you for shopping at Audio Trends.
Ultra-Slim 5 Driver Floor Standing Or Wall Mounted Speakers
Contemporary Looks Complement Big Screen Entertainment
High-Performance Components & Superb Engineering
About Paradigm Millenia LP2
Performance. Power. Design. These have been hallmarks of Paradigm for over 30 years and the basis for the story behind the new Millenia LP 2. Designed and engineered even better than its predecessor, Millenia LP 2 makes you love your music and movie sound all over again.
The contemporary look today is truly minimalist. Flat-panel TVs certainly have impacted in this area and around 50% of our clients like to hang it on the wall! Of course if you own one, and most of us do, then you will already know that the audio quality is rubbish...even if you spend $10K. One solution is a soundbar and that is a great solution if you only watch Master Chef and the news. On the other hand if you are into movies - even only occasionally - then you need better sound than even the best soundbars can offer. And the same applies to an even greater degree with the ever growing projector/projection screen market.
One solution is to buy a traditional "box-style" or stylish sub/sat speaker system. You can definitely get good sound with this approach but sadly the looks don't usually complement large flat-panel TVs or projector screens. The alternative is the Paradigm Millenia LP2 (featured here) or for bigger screens or rooms the Paradigm Millenia LP2 XL which is bigger and has more drive units. Performance, especially with a matching powered subwoofer is amazing and the look is to die for.
And its high-end audio performance doesn’t impede on floor space. A mere 44mm (1 – 3/4”) in profile, Millenia LP2 surpasses anything in it’s category. In fact we don't know of any other speaker in this category apart from its bigger brother - Paradigm's Millenia LP2 XL! Millenia LP2 is sonic and visual excellence that’s perfectly suited to wall or table-top mounting (stands included). A brushed, black aluminium faceplate with brilliant chrome accents give Millenia LP2 sophisticated appeal, reminding you of the science and technology cleverly contained within the enclosure.
- NEW Tweeter design: A sophisticated phase ring camouflaged inside the protective screen improves high frequency response. It’s the details that help to deliver the defining Paradigm Sound.
- NEW Aluminium cones: Aluminium yields less distortion than polypropylene by moving resonance out the drivers pass band. The result is clean and clear sound – in just 44mm (1-3/4”) profile.
- NEW Aesthetics: Perforated tweeter screen and a one-piece baffle streamline Millenia LP2’s visual appeal. The result is a speaker of epic looks. And epic sound!
Superior Engineering: Generating superior performance from an ultra slim speaker design is no easy task. But with over 30 years design and acoustic experience, Millenia LP and LP XL are out in front. Like all Paradigm speakers, the new Millenia series benefit from Canada’s famed National Research council findings to ensure listening preferences are captured and maximised for the listener.
Dual High-Velocity Passive Radiators: These are used instead of ports to attain the desired bass extension in this minimal internal volume design. Solid and stable, the mica-loaded polypropylene ensures clean, clear and articulate bass, free from audible vibrations and resonances.
Our Take On The Millenia LP2
As you can see, this series of speakers has a real niche in the market. As per the illustrations we have included the look is sleek and modern. Sound quality is very, very good. Sure, they won't compete with a well-balanced and high-quality "box" speaker system costing over $10 grand, but with the right subwoofer and proper installation they will beat the pants off any soundbar and provide a solution that we believe is at least equal to simarly priced systems in other categories. So you are not paying for style! If you decide to hang them on the wall then installation is super easy - even if you are not a handy man! The included bases make the free-standing option just as easy and only take a few minutes to screw together.
Main Features & Specifications
- Design: 5-driver, 2-way acoustic suspension with dual passive radiators in ultra-thin molded high-gloss polymer enclosure
- Floor or wall mounted slimline speakers.
- Recommended Amplifier Power: 50 Watts to 120 Watts per channel with two channels driven.
- Maximum Input: 70 Watts RMS - must be clean power
- Crossover: 2nd-order electro-acoustic at 3.0 kHz
- Frequency Response On-Axis: ±3 dB from 120 Hz - 19 kHz
- Sensitivity: 94dB
- Nominal Impedance: 8 Ohms
- High Frequency Driver: 1 x 25-mm (1") S-PAL™ dome, ferro-fluid damped/cooled tweeter
- Passive Radiators: 2 x 114mm (4-1/2")balanced-plane high-velocity mica-infused co-polymer polypropylene radiators
Bass/Midrange Drive Units
- 2 x 114mm (4-1/2") MLP™ mica-infused co-polymer polypropylene cones, 37mm (1-1/2") voice coils, HTD™ heat transfer and dissipation system
- High-Performance Anodized Unibody Bass/Midrange Cone
- Performance-Optimised Nitrile-Butadiene Rubber Surround
- Nomex™ Spider
- High-Powered Apical™ Former
- High-Performance Motor Assembly Includes 37mm (1-1/2”) High-Temperature Aluminium Voice Coil and Powerful Neodymium Magnet
- Steel Heatfin Basket
High Frequency Drive Units
- 1 x S-PAL™ Satin-Anodised Pure-Aluminum Dome Tweeter
- Rigid Mineral-Filled ABS Chassis
- Protective, perforated Aluminium Mesh Screen Guard with Wide Dispersion Architecture and Integrated Phase Ring
- High-Powered Aprical™ Former
- Advanced Motor Structure with Extruded Aluminium Heatsink
- Finish: Brushed black aluminium and chrome
- Dimensions (WxHxD): 44 x 655 x 275mm
- Nett Weight: 3.0kg excluding bases
- Manufacturers Warranty: 5-Years. Does not include misuse
Note: Features & Specifications Subject To Change Without Notice. E&OE