Paradigm CI Home H80-R (Each)
This item is in stock and ready for immediate despatch. Please note that items come from multiple warehouses so may not be on demonstration or available for immediate in-store collection.
Huge 203mm Mineral-Filled Polypropylene Mid/Bass Driver With PTD Dome Tweeter
Bezel-Free Micro-Perforated Round Grille
Large Access Speaker Wire Binding Posts
Paradigm CI Home H80-R in-ceiling speakers are your "Go-To" custom install speaker if price is as important as quality . The CI Home series address the important considerations when selecting in-ceiling speakers: truly superior sound, easy installation, and a bezel-free micro-perf grille with an incredibly discreet aesthetic.
High-Quality Components Make An Audible Difference
- Superior PTD Pure-Titanium Tweeter Domes are Ferro-fluid damped and cooled to ensure smooth high-frequency performance with amazing clarity across a wide listening area.
- Superior Mineral-Filled Polypropylene Bass/Midrange Cones with oversized computer-optimized ferrite magnets and high-power motor structures deliver detailed midrange performance with clean, extended bass. Even movie dialogue is incredibly clean and clear.
- Pocketed screw holes help to hold the drill steady, making installation a snap.
- Easy-access Binding Posts feature a larger wire access hole and connect via banana plug, pin or bare wire.
- Rigid ABS clamps cut down on installation time and simplifying installation.
- Magnetically attached grilles: neodymium magnets hold grilles firmly in place.
- No masking required—this makes the grilles faster and easier to paint, if painting is desired.
Research - Building Projects
If you are reading this material as part of research of a new building product, then you may be surprised to know that on average in the USA, 65% of all new homes built have multi-room sound in some description specified as a standard feature. Although we don't have the exact figures for Australia, we're fairly confident that it will be tha same or even more. Australian's love new technology.
But sadly, the big home builders have looked at this as a simply a profit opportunity and unless you organise otherwise will install what are known as "contractor series" speakers. If you guessed that these were bottom of the pile quality, you'd be right! A wrong decision here means you are stuck with bad sound and until the day you move or have them replaced.
For those of us that have not only a need for in-ceiling speakers, but a desire for something that has been designed to sound as good as possible, Paradigm is a company you can trust. Looking at the improvements they've made in the different lines over the years, shows clearly that they are thinking about the specific use of the speaker in the home environment. You'll enjoy superior In-Ceiling performance at a modest price with any of the Paradigm CI Home Series and of which claim their heritage from the audiophile custom collection. The H80-R's are suitable as both rears for surround and in multi-room music systems where the room is average size or about 20 square metres. If your space is bigger and you like to turn up the volume then it maybe a good idea to consider either the Paradigm P80R or E80R - see next paragraph for reason. Pure-aluminum domes, mineral-filled polypropylene cones. The die-cast or glass-reinforced polymer chassis and full-perimeter brackets are amongst the most rigid designs on the market.
The one thing buyers need to understand is the power input. The maximum clean or undistorted input on the H80-R's is just 60 Watts RMS. Honestly, this is enough for most surround or multi-room applications but with amplifiers becoming more powerful it is easy to conclude that the P80-R's can handle anything. Like ALL speakers, they have limitations. If you intend to play 'em very loud, then you would be wise to consider something which can handle more power. The H80-R's offer easy 1-2-3 installation or we can arrange via our Installation department - Speak with Simon Lee.
Main Features & Specifications
- Design: 2-way in-ceiling, ABS chassis & mounting clamps
- Drivers: Two
- High Frequency Driver: 25mm (1") PTD dome Tweeter
- Mid/Bass Frequency Driver: 203mm (8") mineral-filled polypropylene cone
- Crossover: 2nd-order electro-acoustic at 2.5 kHz
- Frequency Response On-Axis: ±2 dB from 60 Hz - 20 kHz
- Frequency Response 30° Off-Axis: ±2 dB from 60 Hz - 18 kHz
- Low Frequency Extension: 45 Hz
- Sensitivity Room: 90 dB
- Impedance: Compatible with 8 Ohms
- Suitable Amplifier Power Range: 15-90 Watts
- Maximum Input Power: 60 Watts RMS (Clean, undistorted power)
- Finishes: White, paintable grille
- Weight: 2 kg
- Overall Dimensions: 265mm Diameter
- Cut-Out Dimensions: 238mm Diameter
- Minimum Mounting Depth: 86mm
- Manufacturer's Warranty: 5 Years.
Note: Features & Specifications Subject To Change Without Notice. E&OE. Product images are for illustration purposes only and may