Ortofon MC Quintet Black Moving Coil Cartridge
The Top Dog In Quintet Series With Nude Fine Line Diamond Stylus
Quintet Black Is the Best of Everything, True to the Groove with Resolution and Accurate Insight into Each Recording
Designed & Made In Denmark
About Ortofon MC Quintet Black MC Phono Cartridge
The Ortofon Quintet Black Moving Coil Cartridge is the best of everything, true to the groove with resolution and accurate insight into each recording. Don't hesitate to get your hands or should we say ears on this top-dog in the Quintet range.
Nothing demonstrates Ortofon’s long-standing resilience more than its commitment to the refinement of analogue sound quality and its continued development of new cartridge models. Since 1948 Ortofon has introduced about 100 different moving coil models, with the latest being the Quintet Series.
Ortofon believe the cartridges in this new series are more than worthy successors to the long line of models that has made Ortofon the global leader in the manufacture and supply of phono cartridges.
The MC Quintet Series is congruent with Ortofon’s unrelenting commitment to providing the most precise and accurate reproduction possible without colouration.
A special ABS (Acrylonitrile/Butadiene/Styrene) thermoplastic material is used for manufacturing of the body. This light-weight, impact resistant material is very suitable for injection-moulding and provides a very durable scratch resistant surface. Neodymium magnets are implemented to achieve an optimal output and the low internal impedance makes the cartridge less sensitive to load and therefore ensures compatibility with the widest range of preamps and transformers.
The Quintet Black is the best example of Quintet’s overall excellence: The Quintet Black is graced with a Nude Shibata diamond, considered one of the best stylus profiles available, mounted on a high-performance Boron cantilever. The Shibata’s slim, highly polished profile allows an exceedingly wide contact area to the walls of the groove and ensures detailed and pure reproduction throughout the spectrum, including even the most high frequency groove information.
Ease Of Use: Top-mounting of the Quintet cartridges is easy and secure using the screws supplied. The aluminium frame has threaded mounting holes and is fitted easily with the 5mm or 7mm screws depending on the thickness of the headshell.
The Quintet series’ right angles, straight lines, stylus visibility and ample distance between the record surface and the cartridge’s bottom will make it easy to mount and align the cartridge and tonearm correctly. The Quintet Series gives excellent results with most common tonearms.
Main Features & Specifications
- Design: Moving Coil Phono Cartridge
- Output voltage at 1 kHz 5 cm/sec - 0.3 mV
- Channel balance - < 1.0 dB
- Channel separation at 1 kHz - > 23 dB
- Channel separation at 15 kHz - > 15 dB
- Frequency range at -3 dB - 20 - 25.000Hz
- Frequency response 20-20.000 Hz - +/-1.5 dB
- Tracking ability at 315 Hz at recommended tracking force *) - 80 μm
- Compliance, dynamic, lateral - 15 μm/mN
- Stylus type - Nude Shibata
- Stylus tip radius - r/R 6/50 μm
- Tracking force range - 2.1-2.5 g (21-25 mN)
- Tracking force recommended - 2.3 g (23 mN)
- Tracking angle - 20º
- Internal impedance, DC resistance - 5 Ohm
- Recommended load impedance - >20 Ohm
- Cartridge body material - ABS/Aluminium
- Coil wire material - Aucurum
- Cartridge colour - Black
- Cartridge weight - 9 g
- Manufacturer's Warranty: 2 Years Against Manufacturing & Materials Defects
Note: Features & Specifications Subject To Change Without Notice. E&OE.