Ortofon has always been working with sound reproduction. It was founded in Copenhagen, Denmark in 1918 and initially made soundtracks for movies. In 1948 Ortofon developed its first moving coil cartridge, since then more than 300 different cartridges have been developed and manufactured.
Don't spoil the performance of your Ortofon Cartridge with anything less than an original Ortofon Made-In-Denmark replacement stylus.
The 2M Black is the flagship Ortofon moving magnet Cartridge and is graced with a Shibata diamond stylus – the same diamond as on the acclaimed Ortofon Jubilee Moving Coil Cartridge. Its slim, highly polished profile allows an exceedingly wide contact area to the groove walls and ensures notably detailed reproduction throughout the spectrum, including even the most high frequency groove information.
Main Features & Specifications
- Frequency range: 20-31,000 Hz
- Frequency response: 20-20,000 Hz + 2 / - 0 dB
- Tracking ability at 315Hz at recommended tracking force: 80 µm
- Compliance, dynamic, lateral: 22 µm/mN
- Stylus type: Nude Shibata
- Stylus tip radius: r/R 6/50 µm
- Tracking force range: 1.4 - 1.7 grams
- Tracking force, recommended: 1.5 grams
- Tracking angle 20°
- Stylus colour: Black
- Recommended for following cartridges: 2M Black
- Warranty: 90 days. Excludes damage to cantilever.
Note: Features & Specifications Subject To Change Without Notice. E&OE