Naim Uniti Atom & Acoustic Energy AE500 System (Walnut)
Please Note: This product is in stock at our supplier's warehouse and will be ready for pickup or immediate despatch within 1-2 days. Thank you for shopping at Audio Trends.
Enjoy the latest in contemporary stereo with the award-winning Naim Uniti Atom and Acoustic Energy AE-500 Speakers for the best in British design
A system that delivers the complete package and also includes a 2 metre pair of QED XT40i speaker cables
About The Uniti Atom & Acoustic Energy Streaming System
The Naim Uniti Atom is a very popular streaming all-in-one player with all the Audio Trends staff. It sounds absolutely awesome with every speaker we've tried and this time we've maintained the British flavour with the very gentlemanly AE-500's from Acoustic Energy. The price also includes a 2 metre pair of QED XT40i factory terminated speakers cables. When one takes into consideration all those power cords and interconnects that you won’t have to buy, the combination screams buy me.
You can also expect any of our bespoke systems to look pretty good. Let's take a peek at the the Naim Uniti Atom - the heart and soul. It is surely the coolest product to come anywhere near a hi-fi store in a very long time. Indeed, the Uniti Atom is not only an aspirational product, but technically has all the audio streaming flexibility you need wrapped in a classy, hewn from granite exterior. Naim Uniti Atom is a compact multi-source music player that will seduce you with its amazing sound quality and satisfy with its outstanding feature-set. Its 40-watt per channel integrated stereo amplifier and high-resolution music streaming capabilities will fill your home with stunning high-fidelity sound.
The Acoustic Energy AE-300 is a compact stand-mount or bookshelf speaker suitable for small to medium sized rooms. Following on from the award winning AE100, it offers a significant step up in both audio quality, materials, and cabinet finish. One reviewer In the Hi-Fi Review magazine said in part:“With the silky tones of Sinead O’Connor on her version of ‘Peggy Gordon’ from ‘Sean-Nos Nua’ the intakes of breath between the lines took me aback. This was as realistic as it comes from a set of compact standmount loudspeakers. So much so I could not help playing the track again and again to revel in the levels of detail revealed...A compact loudspeaker that punches well above its weight. Highly recommended”
This system is supplied with two 2 metre lengths of QED XT40i speaker cable that have been factory terminated with super-high-quality banana plugs and the whole system comes with a 5 Year Warranty! And we'll deliver for free anywhere in Australia and perform a basic install and setup in the greater Melbourne area - some conditions apply.
A Closer Look At Atom & AE500
It's a cliche we know, but good things come in small packages. The Naim Uniti Atom is an all-in-one audio player that just needs a pair of suitable speakers to deliver brilliant-sound. Now you've probably heard all that before, but we truly believe the Uniti Atom is uniquely versatile, seductively compact and, of course an irresistibly cute example of what contemporary music in the home is all about.
Naim Uniti Atom: Uniti Atom is a beautiful, compact multi-source music player that will seduce you with its amazing sound quality and outstanding feature-set. Its 40-Watt integrated amplifier and high-resolution music streaming capabilities will fill your home with stunning high-fidelity sound. Atom is perfect as a high-end main system or even for use in the kitchen or study, where space is at a premium. Just add speakers. The Naim App for iOS and Android combines all of your music sources in ... Read More
Acoustic Energy AE-500: The 125mm bass/mid driver includes an oversized 35mm voice coil for low thermal compression and very high motor force factor, to provide a highly dynamic yet controlled bass response. The woofer has an optimised motor and suspension system for maximum linearity and lowest distortion ensuring mid-range definition, whilst the lightweight nature of the carbon fibre cone material increases transient speed and clarity. The AE500’s are extremely flexible loudspeakers for use in any room or position in the home.
Tweeter Technology: The 500 Series tweeter features a 25mm carbon fibre dome. Carbon fibre is much lighter and better damped than other typical hard dome materials and provides a lightning fast, natural sound which will surprise the listener with its neutrality. The new cast aluminium WDT waveguide on the high frequency driver is positioned close to the bass/mid driver for optimum dispersion and is extremely stiff to reduce vibration being passed to the tweeter, ensuring sweet, clear and natural highs.
Crossover: The crossovers use high voltage polypropylene film wound capacitors and air core inductors at critical locations for optimum dispersion through a smaller acoustic source size within the crossover region.
Cabinet: The unique Acoustic Energy drivers are housed in 18mm Resonance Suppression Composite (RSC) cabinets that were developed from the prestigious Reference Series and featuring the same constrained layer composite to greatly reduce cabinet acoustic radiation, which would otherwise colour the sound.
Speaker Cable: The QED XT40i speaker cable is a strong, light, flexible and open cable. It shows it’s possible to get a rich, naturally textured, dynamic sounding cable at a very reasonable price and it will let you clearly hear every vibrant detail on your favourite recordings. Connections between all the components, including those to the loudspeakers, are crucial to the performance of any audio system.
This is an exceptional system for the money. The Naim Uniti Atom delivers high-current power and has all the streaming and multi-room features 98% of us will ever need. While familiarising himself with the system, one of our long-time staff members said emphatically "I'd buy that" and as the writer I agree. We sell the Naim Uniti Atom with other speaker brands including B&W, Focal and Wharfedale and you will see some of these elsewhere on our website, but the Acoustic Energy AE-500's offer something a little different - warm yet still vibrant due to the Tweeter design. The technology is right up-to-the-minute and combined with wide output slot rear-porting, the AE500’s are extremely flexible loudspeakers for use in any room or position in the home. If you want more bass for those times when you feel in the mood, then consider adding a matching subwoofer from a brand like REL who again are also from Britain and only make subwoofers. Remember, with the supplied remote control or the free Naim app, the QED speaker cable, this system is truly plug-n-play.
Main Features & Specifications
- Design: Complete Stereo System with Speakers
- Amplifier/Streamer: Naim Uniti Atom
- Power Output: 2 x 40 Watts RMS (20-20kHz)
- Speakers: Acoustic Energy AE-500 - Click Here To Read More
- Drivers: 2-driver, 2-way standmount speaker
- 1 x 25mm carbon-fibre dome tweeter
- 1 x 125mm bass/mid driver with carbon-fibre cone
- Frequency Response (AE-500 Speakers): 45Hz - 28kHz (+/-3dB)
- Grilles: Magnetic
- Phono Input: No. Please contact us for details
- Chromecast Built-In: This smart new streaming feature allows you to seamlessly link to hundreds of supported apps from your smartphone or tablet and stream directly to your Uniti all-in-one player
- AirPlay: Stream music from your iDevice or from iTunes and Apple Music
- TIDAL: The lossless streaming service is integrated into the system for an immersive, high-quality sound experience
- Spotify Connect: Discover millions of songs from the world’s most popular streaming service with the built-in Spotify Connect feature
- Bluetooth (aptX HD): Naim Uniti all-in-one players now feature aptX HD. Pair your Bluetooth device and instantly play back your music in high definition ‘better than CD’ quality
- Internet Radio: Access thousands of internet radio stations and save your favourite pre-sets for easy access
- UPnP (Universal Plug ‘n’ Play): Stream your stored music from a PC, Mac or network-attached storage in high-res ‘better than CD’ quality
- Digital Input (S/PDIF): Significantly improve audio from digital sources such as TVs, set top boxes or games consoles
- Analogue Outputs: For connection to an external power-amplifier or a sub-woofer
- Headphones: Front panel 3.5mm headphone jack with new upgraded headphone amplifier featuring significantly improved bass extension
- Storage: Play, store and serve up to 20,000 tracks from an external USB drive. A Naim Uniti Core (sold separately) allows you to fit your own internal storage device or store and back up your music collection on an external Network Attached Storage device or a USB-connected storage device and serve your music
- HDMI (ARC): Features an HDMI ARC (Audio Return Channel) input (optional on Uniti Atom) so you can easily connect your TV to experience audiophile sound quality from your favourite film or game
- Multi-room Streaming: Naim Uniti Atom allows you to play your music from any source in multiple rooms (up to 4) in perfect synchronisation or different music in different rooms
- File Formats: Supports a broad range of music formats including: WAV, FLAC, DSD, Apple Lossless, AIFF, AAC, Windows Media-formatted files, Ogg Vorbis and MP3
- Wireless Updates: You can update your Uniti system at the touch of a button with over-the-air updates via the Naim app
- Digital (S/PDIF)
- 2 x Optical TOSLink (up to 24bit/96kHz)
- 1 x Coaxial RCA (up to 24bit/192kHz, DoP 64Fs)
- 1 x HDMI ARC
- Analogue Input: 1 x Stereo (RCA) pair
- Analogue Outputs
- 1 x Stereo (RCA) pair - suitable to connect a powered Subwoofer
- 1 x RCA sub/pre output
- 1 x 3.5mm headphone jack
- USB: 2 x USB Type A Socket (front and rear)
- Ethernet: For hard-wiring from router
- WiFi: Includes internal antenna
- Multi-room: Serve up to 4 network-connected players via UPnP at full CD quality
- Party Mode Streaming: Sync up to six Uniti all-in-one players or other Naim streamers and control via the Naim app.
- Internet Radio Provider: vTuner premium 5
- Internet Radio Formats: Windows Media-formatted content, MP3, ACC, OGG Vorbis streams and MMS
- Power Consumption
- Typical use: 90 Watts
- Standby mode: <5 Watts
- Deep sleep: <0.5 Watts
- Mains Cable: Includes Power-Line Lite mains cable
- Front Panel: 5" colour TFT display and rotary volume control with proximity sensor and four buttons
- Speaker Cable: Includes 2 x 2 metre lengths of factory terminated QED XT40i speaker cable
- Nett Weight (Naim Uniti Atom): 7kg
- Finish (Naim Uniti Atom): Brushed and anodised aluminium
- Net Weight (Acoustic Energy AE-500): 8.0.kg each
- Finish (Acoustic Energy AE-500): Real Walnut Wood Veneer
- System Warranty: 5 Years
Note: Features & Specifications Subject To Change Without Notice. E&OE.