Naim NAC282 Preamplifier
Please Note: This item is in stock and ready for despatch. Please note that it may not be on demonstration or available for immediate in-store collection.
Premium Time-Aligned Analogue Preamplifier; Separate Play & Record Selection
Power Supply Upgrade Option; AV Home Theatre Pass-Through
Designed & Made In England
About Naim NAC282 Stereo Preamplifier
The Naim NAC282 is a premium Preamplifier designed to match the NAP250 & NAP300 Power Amplifiers. While developing the NAC 282, hundreds of hours were spent listening to new designs and topologies, ensuring that the harmony between music and technology was always maintained.
The NAC 282 preamplifier introduced a new level of technical and musical performance along with elegant styling. Hundreds of hours were spent listening to new designs and topologies, ensuring that the harmony between music and technology was always maintained.
The included NAPSC power supply independently powers the digital and control circuits while the audio circuits are fed either from a NAP 155 XS or NAP 200 power amplifier or from a stand-alone power supply such as the HiCap or SuperCap. The NAC 282 combines truly awe-inspiring sound quality, with user selectable features and flexibility that ensure it will function as the heart of a high quality hi-fi system for many years.
Two of the six inputs on the Naim NAC 282 can be configured either as the usual DIN inputs, preferred for their superior earthing and impedance matching, or for use with the more common RCA phono connectors, allowing a wide range of non-Naim cables and components to be used. A dedicated unity-gain input is provided for use with the Naim AV2 processor or similar.
Each of the six inputs features separate listen and record facilities. In addition to the usual record mute, the NAC 282 mutes not only the output but powers down all associated circuitry, eliminating any possibility of degrading the main output.
Low resonance circuit boards and anti-vibration, resonance control feet maximise isolation, hence minimizing the effects of microphonic vibration on the highly sensitive electronic components.
Precision rotary potentiometers with precious metal wipers are used to preserve the music's integrity and ensure long-term stability.
The NAC 282 features a silent microprocessor that sleeps during listening and controls all aspects of the amplifier. Optical protection circuits continuously monitor the power supplies ensuring safe shut-down in the event of a power cut.
A user configurable 'Smart IR' system remote control is supplied. Two of the six inputs on the Naim NAC 282 can be configured either as the usual DIN inputs, preferred for their superior earthing and impedance matching, or for use with the more common RCA phono connectors, allowing a wide range of non-Naim cables and components to be used. A dedicated unity-gain input is provided for use with the Naim AV2 processor or similar.
Main Features & Specifications
- Design: All Analogue Stereo Preamplifier
- Analogue Inputs: 4 x DIN, 2 x DIN, RCA
- Input Sensitivity: 75mV
- Input Impedance: 47kΩ
- Other Inputs: AV input configurable for unity gain
- Analogue Outputs: 2 x variable (DIN), 3 x fixed (RCA)
- Line Outputs: Fixed (level) 75mV, 600Ω
- Line Outputs: Variable (level) 775mV
- Output Impedance: <50Ω
- Load Impedance: 10kΩ (min.)
- Power Amplifier Outputs: Naim phono amplifier (Sold separately)
- Remote Control: Infra Red RC5
- Remote Input: RCA on rear (RC5)
- RS232: optional (DE9 female)
- Remote Output: RCA on rear (RC5)
- Supply Voltage: 24V, 18V
- Power Supply Options: NAP 155 XS, NAP 200, FlatCap XS, HiCap, SuperCap (All sold separately)
- Front Panel: Brushed and black anodised
- Case: Black powder coated
- Powered Input: For use with StageLine or SuperLine phono stage.
- Optional RS232 input/output: For use in full home automation systems.
- Upgradeable: With both analogue (Hi-Cap, Super-Cap) and digital (NAPSC) power supplies.
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 87 x 432 x 314mm
- Nett Weight 7.0kg
- Manufacturer's Warranty: 2 Years
Note: Features & Specifications Subject To Change Without Notice. E&OE