NAD T778 4K Home Theatre Receiver
Please Note: This product is in stock at our supplier's warehouse and will be ready for pickup or immediate despatch within 1-2 days. Thank you for shopping at Audio Trends.
9 x 85 Watts All Channels Driven, Hybrid Digital Amplifier Technology
Front Panel Colour Touch Screen
High-Res BluOS Network Music Streaming
Dirac Live Room Correction
About The NAD T778 Home Theatre Receiver
NAD has always been known for the sound quality of its timeless components and the NAD T 778 home theatre receiver is true to form by offering exceptionally natural & vivid reach-out-and-touch-it audio whether you’re dancing to your favourite music or sitting back enjoying a big screen extravaganza. Yes, NAD has always been known for putting sound quality first. Fortunately, with the T 778 home theatre receiver that does not come at the expense of some of the tastiest features currently available in the sector.
Surround Yourself With Perfection: The T 778 represents NAD’s unwavering philosophy of real-world performance, simplicity of operation, and future upgradability. Only NAD offers Modular Design Construction (MDC), their proven method for preventing premature obsolescence. Dolby AtmosTM and DTS Master Audio combine with Dirac Live room correction to deliver hyper-realism that captures every dimension of a performance. Add bit-perfect UHD 4K video pass-through and the T 778 delivers the most accurate sound and image experience you’ve ever had. Musical performance is outstanding with High Res Multi-room streaming via BluOS and nine channels of high current amplification capable of powering any loudspeaker to its maximum potential. The T 778 is second- to-none in terms of flexibility and up-to-the-minute digital technology.
Modular Design Construction (MDC): With MDC all major digital circuits can be upgraded and replaced to keep the T 778 forever young and capable. This NAD innovation is a unique architecture that keeps pace with the fast-changing world of digital formats by allowing connectivity and feature upgrades as new technology becomes available. MDC defies premature obsolescence, so you can keep pace with the latest developments in high performance AV through dealer-installed modules. Your T 778 can be upgraded as your needs and tastes develop, and you only need to replace the module you want to upgrade, not the entire AV Amplifier.
Fully Featured Surround: The T 778 carries on the enviable task of representing NAD’s finest surround sound performance. It offers full HDMI video switching and surround sound decoding to 7.2.4 channels. Brimming with a full array of sophisticated features like the high resolution lossless surround formats from Dolby TrueHD and DTS Master Audio decoding, and now object-based audio with Dolby Atmos, the T 778 provides the highest levels of performance. The surround mode of the source material is automatically detected via the digital inputs of the T 778, and the most advanced form of decoding, based on your setup, is switched in. Conversion of the encoded digital bitstream is performed with high resolution and extremely linear D/A converters carefully selected for their performance capabilities.
Efficient Distortion-Free Amplification: The T 778 features the latest developments in NAD’s Hybrid Digital technology to create nine high current and high power channels of amplification. These amplifiers exhibit no ‘crossover distortion,’ sonically the most annoying form of distortion, and are able to provide very high peak current for dramatic crescendos and impactful action scenes. The silent black background and explosive dynamics afforded by this amplifier technology adds drama and excitement to your music and movies.
Undistort Your Listening Room: DIRAC Live room correction is now featured and offers a remarkable increase in fidelity by correcting both frequency response and time domain impulse response. When properly calibrated, DIRAC Live improves clarity, naturalness, and pinpoint imaging.
Multi-Room Network Music Streaming: BluOS, the high resolution audio multi-room music player shared with NAD’s sister brand Bluesound, is included in the T 778 making it unique among high end AV Amplifiers. When connected to the Internet via Ethernet or Wi-Fi the T 778 has access to thousands of Internet radio stations and over a dozen high quality music services including Spotify, Tidal, Deezer, and many more. With full support for MQA the T 778 has the highest resolution audio performance available combined with the highest definition video performance.
Flexible Setup: The latest HDMI features, including HDCP 2.2, 4:4:4 color resolution, High Dynamic Range and Dolby Vision video support, plus CEC/eARC, are all included. Digital inputs are available in both coaxial and optical formats to make it easy to attach all your digital sources. With BluOS NAD has also made it easy to add more speakers for listening to music in additional rooms. IR repeaters, 12V triggers to automatically switch amplifiers on and off, and an RS-232 data port makes it easy to connect to highly advanced automated control systems, such as Crestron and Control4. Thoughtful features like discrete On and Off codes, direct access to inputs and music presets facilitates the integration of the T 778 into elaborate remote-control systems.
Customise with AV Presets: The T 778’s sleek TFT touch panel display makes setup and control easier than ever before. Unique features like AV presets and a completely flexible input setup allow unprecedented flexibility and ease of use. The T 778 offers five independent AV presets that store speaker level and tone control settings for instant recall, making it easy to custom tailor your system for different types of program material. Encoded surround modes like Dolby Digital and DTS are automatically selected if the program is so encoded. The T 778 also remembers your last used settings when switched in and out of Standby mode.
Vinyl Lovers Take Note: Unlike most AV Receivers today the NAD T 778 has a dedicated phono input built in so hooking up your turntable of choice can be accomplished in moments. Then all you need to do is select a nice piece of vinyl from your collection, pour a glass of your favourite beverage and enjoy.
Complete & Compact: The T 778 combines all the control, decoding functions, and nine channels of amplification in one compact chassis that offers many options for installation in the home. Because of its highly efficient design the T 778 is compact, ultra-quiet and is rack mountable for integration into complex home entertainment systems. The T 778 is an excellent example of the NAD Design Team’s expertise in digital decoding stages, video engineering, and analogue amplification to offer the best overall performance. Along with the new touch screen and ergonomic refinements that simplify operation, the T 778 can be the dream command centre of your home entertainment system.
In The News
“I’ve reviewed a few NAD receivers over the past eight years and the T 778 is the best-sounding one yet. As a flagship AVR, one expects it to top the less-expensive models in its line, and given the dynamics, I heard from both music and movies, it most certainly does. With a completely silent noise floor and amazing responsiveness, every burst of sound, whether it was massed strings or violent explosions, came across with tactility and detail. Textures were rich and varied and I never strained to hear the finest nuances. There is no fatigue here, not even with low-quality content. You can listen to this receiver for hours and easily lose track of time.
I really enjoyed the inclusion of Dirac Live which made the T 778 a perfect fit for my room. Its frequency and phase correction created a perfect balance on the first attempt. And with BluOS, I could sit for hours and surf internet radio stations or content from multiple providers.
When investing $5000 in an AVR, one is inevitably concerned with future technologies. Thanks to NAD’s Modular Design Construction, there is no worry. New HDMI version? Swap out the card. It’s a good bet you won’t need to replace the T 778 for many years. Since its core hybrid digital amp technology is so strong, it’s extremely unlikely that something better sounding will come along.
The T 778 is an AVR for the long haul. I’ve enjoyed my time with it more than any other NAD component I’ve reviewed. It receives my highest recommendation.” Secrets Of Home Theater & High Fidelity
"The new NAD T778 distinguishes itself with a refined sonic character, one that’s equally at home dishing out the sonic goodies as it is with more subtle fare. It has more than enough dynamics to create an expansive home theatre experience. At the same time, the ability to deliver effects with pinpoint precision ensures the action’s delivered not only with a sense of impact but credibility. Coupled with its modest dimensions and downright cool styling, this box brings flagship performance to a range of spaces which may have dictated a compromise in the past. Highly recommended, then." StereoNet
Main Features & Specifications
- 9.2 Channel Home Theatre Receiver
- 9 x 85 Watts FDP (Full Disclosure Power), all channels driven simultaneously at full bandwidth at rated distortion
- 140 Watts FTC power at 8 Ohms and 170 Watts at 4 Ohms
- 165 Watts IHF Dynamic Power at 8 Ohms and 280 Watts at 4 Ohms
- Hybrid Digital Amplifier Technology
- TFT touch screen and improved ergonomics for user-friendly operation
- UHD 4K video pass-through
- HDMI CEC/eARC
- High-Res BluOS enabled Network Streaming
- Dirac Live Room Correction
- MQA decoding available on all digital inputs
- Apple AirPlay 2
- MDC (Modular Design Construction) offers ability to upgrade to future digital formats as they become available. Two MDC slots provided
- Custom Install friendly- RS232 Serial Control Port
- 12V Trigger In/Out
- IR In with learning function
- 3U Low profile rack-mount chassis
- Full Disclosure Power (all channels driven simultaneously at full bandwidth at rated distortion): 9 x 85W (19.3dBW) (20Hz-20kHz, all channels driven, 4 ohms and 8 ohms)
- 140W (21.5 dBW) (1% THD, two channels driven, 8 ohms)
- 170W (22.3 dBW) (1% THD, two channels driven, 4 ohms)
- IHF Dynamic Power
- 8 Ohms: 165W (22.2 dBW)
- 4 Ohms: 280W (24.5 dBW)
- Total Harmonic Distortion At Rated Power: <0.08% (20Hz-20kHz)
- IM Distortion at 1/3 rated power: <0.03% (20Hz-20kHz)
- Damping Factor: >300 (20Hz-1kHz, 8 ohms)
- Input Sensitivity & Impedance: 1.12V (ref. 8 Ohms, VOL at 0dB for 85W)
- Frequency Response: ±0.3 dB/-0.8 dB (ref. 1kHz, 20Hz-20kHz)
- Signal/Noise Ratio
- >100 dB (ref. rated power at 8 Ohms, A-WTD)
- >85 dB (ref. 1W at 8 Ohms, A-WTD)
- Frequency Response: ±0.5dB (ref. 20Hz – 20kHz)
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: >100dB (ref. 2V, A-WTD)
- Total Harmonic Distortion: <0.01%
- Input Sensitivity: 245 mVrms (ref. 2V)
- Maximum Output Level: >4.5Vrms
- Input Sensitivity: 6.2 mVrms (2V output)
- Signal/Noise Ratio: >80 dB (2Vrms, A-WTD)
- Maximum Input Level: >90 mVrms (1 kHz)
- Supported Audio File Formats: MP3, AAC, WMA, OGG, FLAC, ALAC, WMA-L, MQA, WAV, AIFF
- Supported Cloud Services (Subject To Availability): Spotify, Amazon Music, WiMP, Qobuz, IDAGIO, Deezer, Murfie, nugs.net, TIDAL, Napster, Bugs, KKBOX, Taihe Music ZONE, SOUNDMACHINE
- Supported Operating Systems: Music playback from network shares on the following desktop operating systems: Microsoft Windows XP, 2000, Vista, 7, 8 to current Windows Operating Systems and macOS
- Free Internet Radio (Subject To Availability): TuneIn, iHeartRadio, Calm Radio, Radio Paradise, Slacker Radio
- User Interface: Free BluOS Controller App available for download from the respective App stores of Apple iOS devices (iPad, iPhone and iPod), Android devices, Kindle Fire and Windows or macOS desktops
- Integration Partners (Subject To Availability): Control4, RTI, Crestron, URC, push, iPort, ELAN, Lutron, Roon, Apple AirPlay 2
- Voice Control Integrations: Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant Skills
- HDMI: 5 + 1 Front Panel
- Phono (Turntable): 1 Moving Magnet
- Analogue Audio (Line Level): 2
- Digital Coaxial: 2
- Digital Optical: 2
- USB: 1 Front, 1 Rear
- Ethernet: 1
- Microphone Port: 1 USB
- HDMI Monitor: 2 (1 x 4K)
- Audio Pre-out: 7.2 channels
- Height Channels: 4 Pre-Outs to external amplifiers for up to 4 height speakers
- Zone 2: Pre-Out from selected audio source only
- Headphone Output: No
- 12V Trigger: 1 In, 3 Out
- Infra Red: 1 In, 3 Out
- RS232 Connection: Yes
- In The Box: Quick Setup Guide, BluOS Kit containing USB Hub, Wi-Fi Dongle, Bluetooth USB Micro Adapter and USB to USB Cable Extender, USB MIC Sound Adaptor
- Detachable Mains Power Cord: Can be upgraded
- Remote Controls: HTR 8 remote control, ZR 7 zone remote control
- Standby Power
- <0.5W (full standby)
- <8W (network standby)
- Idle Power: >63W (230V version only)
- Dimensions (WxHxD): 435 x 140 x 430 mm
- Net Weight: 12.1 kg
- Shipping Weight: 15.5 kg
- Manufacturers Warranty: 2 Years
Note: Main Features & Specifications Subject to Change Without Notice. E&OE
- Panasonic DP-UB9000Special Price $1,499.00 (Normally Regular Price $1,795.00 )
- Paradigm Classic Surround 1 (Black)Special Price $899.00 (Normally Regular Price $999.00 )
- Sonus faber Lumina III Floorstanding SpeakersPriced from $3,995.00
- B&W 703 S2 Floorstanding SpeakersPriced from $4,999.00
- Paradigm Monitor SE 5.1 Speaker SystemPriced from $3,995.00 (Normally Regular Price $4,646.00 )
- Paradigm MilleniaOne REL HT/1003 5.1 Speaker SystemPriced from $3,999.00 (Normally Regular Price $4,444.00 )
- REL T/7x SubwooferPriced from $1,999.00
- SVS SB-2000 Pro SubwooferPriced from $1,484.00 (Normally Regular Price $1,649.00 )
- Q Acoustics QB12 SubwooferPriced from $1,059.00 (Normally Regular Price $1,099.00 )