NAD M12 Master Series Digital Stereo Pre-Amplifier/DAC
Please Note: This product is in stock at our supplier's warehouse and can be ready for pickup or immediate despatch within 2-3 days. Thank you for shopping at Audio Trends.
Preamp With Digital Inputs For A Network Music Player, Disc Player, Computer & Virtually No Audible Distortion
Modular Design Construction Allows You To Add Bluesound Wireless Streaming
Includes Bluos Streaming Module
About The NAD M12 Digital Pre-Amplifier DAC
The NAD M12 is an ultra-high resolution digital audio hub that boasts a full roster of audiophile-grade features that leverage some of the most advanced digital audio thinking on earth. It is ahead of its time and truly built for the future, but is here now. The M12 isn't a typical DAC and it isn't a typical Preamplifier. It is everything the music enthusiast - young or older - thought was not possible!
The NAD M12 is an all-digital preamp designed to reduce distortion to near non-existent levels. DirectDigital™ amplification offers the highest level of performance. The 35-bit data path with 24-bit coefficients and 62-bit accumulation, and dithered truncation back to 35-bits after DSP functions guarantee the overall 24-bit accuracy. With this degree of resolution, all preamp functions can be accomplished with a new level of precision, and all in the digital domain. This eliminates the noise and distortion prone to analogue circuits. Because of the super high resolution, even 24-bit files are processed without truncation or loss of information.
Pure Digital Design For Pure Sound: By eliminating analogue signal paths between the built-in digital-to-analogue converter and the output stage, NAD has prevented these noisy circuits from introducing distortion that degrades sound quality. Plus, volume control and source switching are controlled digitally, eliminating further interference from mechanical and electronic components. This ensures that your music remains as pure as possible from your digital source all the way to your separate power amp — check out the matching NAD Masters Series M22 Stereo Power Amplifier for one of the most advanced combo's available.
Fine Tune Your System: Because of the massive computing power and high-resolution signal path, some interesting features have also been incorporated to further perfect the listening experience. Want to add a subwoofer to your system? The M12 includes a second order high pass and low pass crossover with selectable frequency. You can even select different frequency positions for each filter. This level of flexibility and precision is made possible by NAD's highly perfected DirectDigital architecture.
Future Forward Thinking: One of NAD's most innovative technological advancements— Modular Design Construction (MDC)—does away with obsolescence by providing a simple upgrade path to add future features and functionality. M12 owners can add an optional DD HDM-1 HDMI Module (sold separtely) with 3 inputs and 1 output (3D video passthrough) and/or the soon to be released network audio module - DD BluOS - with music management software that is controlled with an Apple iOS or Android device. The DD BluOS MDC Module allows streaming of a variety of music services, HD streaming from a NAS device, and TuneIn radio; plus it gives you full control of your music library. Integrated WiFi/Ethernet and aptX Bluetooth™ connections are also offered with the DD BluOS Module.
- DD HDM-1: Add HDMI switching to the Masters Series M12 with the NAD DD HDM-2. This module's three HDMI inputs. It allows you to connect a Blu-ray player or streaming media device like Apple TV to the M12 for high-resolution decoding of Dolby® TrueHD and DTS Master Audio soundtracks. An HDMI output passes video through to your TV.
- DD BluOS: The DD BluOS module adds wireless music streaming to the M12. It's compatible with Bluesound wireless multi-room music products, so you can integrate this preamp into a whole-house audio system. It also adds Bluetooth®, Wi-Fi®, and wired Ethernet connections for streaming music from smartphones, tablets, computers, and network-attached storage devices (NAS).
Play Your High-Resolution Digital Files And Your Vinyl: You will rarely see as many connections on a Preamp. Naturally, there's no shortage of digital inputs, including an asynchronous USB input for connecting your computer. The M12 is compatible with digital files with resolution up to 24-bit/192kHz, for more detail and depth than your trusty CDs. There are also front and back panel inputs for USB memory devices like thumb drivers and hard drives. The M12 has more than just digital connections — there is a pure Class-A buffer using the latest generation of Super OP Amps provide low impedance balanced XLR and single-ended RCA connections to power amplifiers or active loudspeakers. A remote controls all functions and IR repeaters, 12V triggers, and a serial port to make integration with advanced control systems a snap. There's also a phono input so you can plug in a turntable with either a moving magnet or moving coil cartridge.
Touchscreen Display: You might notice the obvious lack of buttons on the front of the Masters Series M12. You won't miss them. That's because the display is actually a touchscreen. You can choose your source, scroll through menus of digital tunes from your connected USB memory device, or adjust the settings using the intuitive menu system. If you explore the menu, you'll find some cool options like tone controls, source renaming, mono listening mode for old movies and LPs, and independent crossover selection for each of the two subwoofer outputs.
Our Take On The NAD M12 Digital Pre-Amplifier DAC
If you're searching for a new pre-amp or wondering whether something like the M12 is worth it, then all we can say is that every staff member here at Audio Trends loves it. We actually all believe it is amazing value for money and surpasses some highly regarded European brands which cost substantially more. The M12 delivers clean, uncoloured, fast attack and high dynamic range music. We were blown away by how much more we were hearing and the expanded soundstage compared with other reference standard gear. The digital and analogue inputs also allow you to use both old and new technolgy vices alongside my digital inputs and it looks pretty good too!
Main Features & Specifications
- Design: Stereo preamp with digital inputs for connection to a network music player, computer, or disc player
- NAD's Direct Digital design performs functions like volume control and source selection in the digital domain, for shorter signal paths and virtually no audible distortion
- Digital Inputs: Allows the M12 to be used as a stand-alone digital-to-analogue converter (DAC)
- MDC: Modular Design Construction allows you to add more connectivity via user-installed modules
- Optional Modules: These modules (sold separately) offer HDMI in/out and network connectivity for wireless music streaming and integration with Bluesound products
- Output Stage: Class A analogue output stage with balanced XLR and unbalanced RCA connections
- Subwoofer Output: Plug in your subby and adjust performance with selectable crossover frequencies
- Touchscreen Display: Forget the remote! The M12 offers intuitive playback controls, source selection, and settings adjustments
- Remote Control: Just in case
- XLR: The M12 has balanced stereo XLR inputs and outputs
- RCA: The M12 has unbalanced stereo RCA inputs and outputs
- MM & MC Phono Input: Allows connection of a turntable and knowing NAD it will be good
- Balanced Digital XLR (AES/EBU): This is an audio input for professional disc players or processors
- USB Type B: Synchronous USB (Type B) input for connecting a computer
- USB Type A: USB inputs (front and back) for connecting a hard drive or memory device (MP3, WMA, and FLAC files)
- Optical Digital Audio: Inputs x 2, Output x 1
- Coaxial Digital Audio: Inputs x 2, Output x 1
- Subwoofer: Subwoofer preamp outputs x 2 RCA
- Custom: RS-232 port for automated control systems
- Custom: 12-volt trigger and IR input
- Power Input: 240 Volt/50Hz
- Detachable Power Cord: Allows for upgrade to better quality cord for improved performance
- Dimensions (WxHxD): 435 x 133 x 383mm
- Nett Weight: 8.1kg
- Shipping Weight: 15.1kg
- Manufacturers Warranty: 2 Years
Note: Features & Specifications Subject To Change Without Notice. E&OE
- NAD M22 V2 Stereo Power AmplifierSpecial Price $4,950.00 (Normally Regular Price $5,499.00 )
- Sonus faber Lumina II SpeakersPriced from $2,195.00
- B&W 702 S2 SpeakersPriced from $6,900.00
- B&W 705 S2 SpeakersPriced from $3,699.00
- B&W DB4S SubwooferPriced from $1,700.00 (Normally Regular Price $2,799.00 )
- SVS SB-4000 SubwooferPriced from $3,779.00 (Normally Regular Price $4,199.00 )
- SVS SB-3000 SubwooferPriced from $2,249.00 (Normally Regular Price $2,499.00 )