Marantz SR8015 8K Home Theatre Amplifier
Please Contact Us: This item is in stock and ready for immediate despatch however the supplier of this product does not permit it to be sold online so please contact us for purchasing options. Thank you for shopping at Audio Trends.
140 Watts, 8K Processing & Immense Power For Large Surround Sound Systems
Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, AirPlay, Plus Support For Spotify & Internet Radio
Simultaneous Audio And Video Playback In Up To Two Extra Rooms
Mult-Room Wireless Music Streaming With Compatible HEOS Components
Marantz SR8015 Home Theatre Receiver
Marantz has long set the standard for AV amplifiers combining home theatre prowess with the most musical sound, and the SR8015 takes that capability to unprecedented levels. Experience the staggering impact of audio quality, which is quite simply an intoxicating mix of effortless power, amazing detail and sensational depth. This flagship AV amplifier marks the pinnacle in Marantz build quality with a centrally mounted toroidal transformer, copper plating and a symmetrical monolithic design.
Marantz SR8015 Updates
Although the SR8015 still has 11 channels of amplification, it now has 13.2 channels of processing giving you the flexibility to add a 2 channel power amp for more surround sound versatility. There is also now support for front wide channels and Dolby Atmos height virtualization which means you don’t need actual height speakers to experience height sound, pretty cool. DTS:X Pro now supports up to 7.1.6 & 9.1.4 channel surround sound. New standards supported are HDR10+, Dynamic HDR, QMS, VRR & QFT, all of which are expanded on below. The SR8015 has video signal passthrough and upscaling up to 8K. HDCP 2.3 makes an appearance, analogue pre outs have increased to 13.2 from 11.2, there are now 13 speaker terminals, up from 11 and Bluetooth has been upgraded from version 3.0 to 4.2.
A Closer Look
Experience the peak of Marantz AV expertise in the new flagship SR8015. Surround yourself in thrilling immersive surround sound with Dolby Atmos, DTS:X Pro, and Auro 3D, all three codecs able to drive overhead speakers for a true 3D sound experience. The receiver's 11 high-quality amplifier stages enhance audio quality via carefully selected high grade audio components including Marantz Hyper Dynamic Amplifier Modules, or HDAMs, used in Current Feedback topology. These pass the signal to the power stages, each providing 140 Watts RMS of pure Marantz power and finesse to drive a full 7.1.4-channel home cinema setup without the need for additional external amplifiers.
And the SR8015 uses advanced Marantz sound-tuning throughout, drawing in features from the company's Reference two-channel models, including a copper chassis and an oversized, shielded toroidal transformer built to Marantz specification, plus high-current main power supply capacitors also made to the Marantz engineers' exacting standards. With built-in HEOS technology, the SR8015 becomes a part of a HEOS wireless multi-room music network, enabling you to enjoy your favourite music anywhere around your home: explore, browse, and play music from your music library, online streaming music services, or thousands of internet radio stations, using the free HEOS app.
High Grade Audio Components: Featuring exclusive Marantz HDAM (Hyper Dynamic Amplifier Module) technology found on the Marantz Reference Series components, the SR8015 incorporates multiple HDAM modules which provide superior low noise wide-band performance in an all-discrete configuration, compared to conventional op amp ICs. HDAM technology provides an ultra-fast slew rate for true wide-band response and maximum dynamic range to deliver optimum sound quality with today’s high resolution audio formats. In addition to HDAM technology, the SR8015 also features Current Feedback instead of the typical voltage feedback configuration. A Marantz innovation introduced on their very first audiophile amplifiers more than 60 years ago, Current Feedback technology provides a wide closed-loop bandwidth and very high slew rate, delivering superior fidelity with wide-band audio sources.
Full 3D Audio Support: Immerse yourself in 3D audio with Dolby Atmos, Dolby Atmos Height Virtualization Technology, DTS:X Pro and DTS Virtual:X, IMAX Enhanced and Auro-3D. Set up a 9.1.4 or 7.1.6 Dolby Atmos surround system using Dolby Atmos elevation speakers, or dedicated overhead speakers, for the ultimate home theatre experience. DTS:X gives your movies, games and music a realism unmatched by traditional 5.1 surround sound. Dolby Atmos Height Virtualization Technology and DTS Virtual:X provide immersive audio without height channels, creating virtual height effects in a 7.1, 5.1 or 2.1 speaker arrangement.
DTS:X Pro: With future firmware update, enjoy your entertainment decoded with the latest in DTS 3D audio technology. Enjoy up to 13.2 channels of audio processing with DTS:X Pro to enjoy full surround sound in exquisite detail. You will need an additional external stereo amplifier connected to the SR8015 to drive the additional 2 channels.
Advanced 8K HDMI Video Section: Enjoy your favourite movies, shows and games with the best picture quality available. The SR8015 features an advanced HDMI section (8 in/3 out) with a dedicated 8K input that will support 8K/60Hz and 4K/120Hz video pass-through. All HDMI inputs feature 4:4:4 Pure Colour sub sampling, HDR10+, Dolby Vision, Hybrid Log-Gamma (HLG), and BT.2020 pass-through support for exceptional colour, clarity and contrast. Enjoy 8K upscaling as well as HDCP 2.3 processing to play copy-protected content uninhibited.
Brilliant Colour – Universal Compatibility, HDR10+, Dynamic HDR: The SR8015 supports High Dynamic Range video formats, HDR10, Dolby Vision and HLG (Hybrid Log Gamma). Dolby Vision transforms the viewing experiences with astonishing brightness, contrast, and colour. HLG offers HDR technology over broadcast content for a crisper, cleaner image. The SR8015 also supports HDR10+, which sends dynamic meta data to TV for more realistic images, as well as Dynamic HDR.
Front Wide Channel Support on Dolby & DTS:X: With front wide channel support, you can add two front wide speakers with both Dolby and DTS to create a more seamless front surround stage up to 9.1.2 or 9.1.4 speaker configurations. 9.1.4 setup requires additional 2 channel amplification connected to the SR8015.
The Latest Technology in Movie Experiences: With the SR8015, enjoy all your entertainment with the latest technology available and watch your movies in unrivalled clarity. Enjoy your movies in 8K with 8K/60Hz pass-through and upscaling, as well the latest in AV receiver technology like Dynamic HDR and Quick Media Switching (QMS), which is used in movies to eliminate video delay.
The Next Generation in Gaming: With the SR8015, take your gaming to the next level. Game with 8K/120Hz pass-through, as well as Variable Refresh Rate (VRR), Quick Frame Transport (QFT), and Auto Low Latency Mode (ALLM), which reduces or eliminates lag and frame tearing to offer a smoother, lag-free gaming experience.
Other Outstanding Features
Supports Major Voice Control Agents: Enjoy effortless voice control and total flexibility from the leading voice agents. Speak commands with Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant and Apple Siri. Ask to play your favourite music, turn the volume up, skip to the next track, switch inputs and more. Switch between voice agents or pick a favourite to use - you’re in control. (Functionality and availability vary by voice agent and an external Voice Control device may be required)
Built-in Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, & AirPlay Capability: Featuring Bluetooth & Wi-Fi wireless streaming connectivity, the SR8015 is equipped with an advanced dual antenna transceiver system, for robust streaming even in congested urban environments. With Apple's AirPlay compatibility, you can enjoy listing to your favourite tracks wirelessly from your favourite iOS device such as iPhone and iPad.
Bluetooth Audio Transmission: Watch the latest movie or listen to music without waking the house. Listen to the audio on Bluetooth-connected headphones wirelessly and main speakers off, not to disturb anyone around you. The SR8015 allows you as well to play audio on both Bluetooth headphones and connected speakers simultaneously. If you have a family member or a friend who is hearing impaired, this is a great option to enjoy a movie together without raising the overall volume.
Advanced 32-bit D/A Conversion On All Channels: For optimum fidelity and the widest dynamic range with lowest distortion, the SR8015 features advanced reference-class 32-bit AKM D/A converters on all channels. This ensures consistent high fidelity and precise channel matching across all channels for the ultimate listening experience.
Advanced Audyssey MultEQ XT32: Equipped with the flagship Audyssey suite of features, the SR8015 features Audyssey MultEQ XT32 automatic room acoustic correction using advanced DSP algorithms. With the supplied measurement microphone, it analyses the output of each speaker (including the subwoofers) at up to 8 measurement locations, then generates precision digital filters that optimize each channel for the best possible sound. Audyssey Dynamic Volume smooths out annoying jumps in volume (such as TV commercials), letting you listen at lower levels while still enjoying clear dialogue, music and sound effects, while Audyssey Dynamic EQ provides full-range clarity at any listening level. Audyssey Low Frequency Containment uses advanced psychoacoustic algorithms to deliver a full-range balance, including deep bass, but without disturbing close-by neighbours or those in other rooms, and features a multi-step adjustment. Audyssey Sub EQ HT provides individual DSP tailoring of each subwoofer in a dual subwoofer setup, allowing deeper bass with improved definition when compared to a single subwoofer configuration.
External Control Capabilities: The SR8015 has a range of features to provide enhanced control and compatibility with 3rd party and custom integration solutions, including IP control, either via wired LAN connection or Wi-Fi. For compatibility with other components there's a remote control input and output on the rear panel, along with a flasher input and a 12V trigger output, while for direct connection to external home automation and control equipment, there's an RS-232C serial port.
Built-In Heos Technology: Enjoy your music anywhere in your home. This is no longer difficult or expensive to do. With built-in HEOS technology, the SR8015 can be easily integrated into a superb wireless multi-room audio system. Stream music to any of the various HEOS wireless speakers in different rooms and control each room's speakers independently with the free HEOS app. The HEOS app for Apple iOS & Android OS lets you control playback, browse music sources, and select which rooms you want to use. Play the same music throughout your home, or listen to something different in each room. You can play music from your own personal library, internet radio, and popular streaming services like Deezer, Spotify and Tidal, just to name a few.
Main Features & Specifications
Amplification & Processing
- 11-channel amplifier
- 140 watts per channel into 8 ohms (20-20,000 Hz) at 0.05% THD, with 2 channels driven
- Marantz's Hyper Dynamic Amplifier Modules (HDAM) offer exquisite detail and dynamic range while reducing noise
- Dolby®, DTS®, and Auro-3D® surround sound decoding
- Dolby Atmos® processing for use with in-ceiling or "height" speakers for more enveloping home theatre sound
- Dolby Atmos Height Virtualization and DTS Virtual:X® create three-dimensional effects without height speakers
- IMAX® Enhanced reproduces the full dynamic range of specially encoded IMAX soundtracks from compatible sources
- Analogue-to-HDMI video conversion
- Upscales standard-definition video signals to HD and Ultra HD (up to 8K)
- Audyssey speaker calibration and system optimization includes:
- MultEQ XT32 auto setup and room calibration delivers balanced, dynamic sound with enhanced surround performance
- Dynamic Volume anticipates loud sounds to keep volume levels even
- Dynamic EQ improves dialogue, bass response, and surround channel levels at lower volumes
- Sub EQ HT provides individual calibration for dual subwoofers, for even bass response throughout the room
- Low Frequency Containment reduces the amount of bass that bleeds into other rooms
- Audyssey MultEQ Editor app for further audio customization (paid app; not included)
Digital & Streaming
- Built-in Wi-Fi for listening to music from a networked PC, free internet radio, and music services
- HEOS Built-in technology wirelessly connects compatible HEOS components for whole home audio
- Includes support for Spotify®, Deezer & Tidal (subscription required for some services)
- Free HEOS app offers easy Wi-Fi control, settings adjustments, and music selection and playback
- Works with Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant voice control assistants
- Apple AirPlay 2 lets you stream directly from an iPhone® or iPad® and ask Siri to play Apple Music®
- Supports multi-room audio with compatible wireless speakers
- Built-in Bluetooth for wireless music listening with smartphones, tablets, and compatible computers
- Bluetooth transmission for sending audio from the receiver to Bluetooth-enabled headphones
- Play audio through Bluetooth headphones only, or through Bluetooth headphones and connected speakers simultaneously
- Plays high-resolution digital music files via USB storage device or a networked computer (PCM up to 24-bit/192kHz resolution; DSD up to 5.6 MHz)
- Three-room/three-source output
- Powered stereo outputs for second and third rooms allow playback in three rooms at once
- All Zone Stereo mode ensures that all zones stay in sync when playing the same source
- All Zone TV Audio lets you play surround sound in your main room and downmixed stereo in your 2nd and 3rd rooms
- Supports both analogue and digital audio connections
- HDMI dual-zone switching for watching video content from different sources in two zones simultaneously
- Zone 2 compatible audio sources: HDMI audio, optical/coaxial digital inputs, analogue audio inputs, USB, Bluetooth, and HEOS music apps
- Please Note: Cannot select different USB/Bluetooth/network sources for each zone
- HDMI 2.1 audio/video switching: 8 in (includes 1 front-panel input), 3 out
- 1 input and 2 outputs support 8K/60Hz and 4K/120Hz video
- All inputs and outputs support 4K/60Hz video
- HDCP 2.3 technology ensures compatibility with Ultra HD sources and TVs
- HDR-compatible for extended picture contrast and brightness with compatible TVs and HDR-encoded content
- Supports HDR10, HDR10+, Dolby Vision™, and HLG
- Gaming-optimized video processing technologies for a smooth, lag-free gaming experience
- Variable Refresh Rate (VRR), Auto Low Latency Mode (ALLM), and Quick Frame Transport (QFT) reduce or eliminate lag and frame tearing
- Supports ARC (Audio Return Channel) and eARC (Enhanced Audio Return Channel)
- eARC receives uncompressed surround sound signals including Dolby Atmos and DTS:X via the HDMI connection with your compatible TV
- Component video switching: 3 in, 1 out
- Composite video switching: 4 in, 2 out
- Digital audio inputs: 2 Toslink optical, 2 coaxial
- 6 analogue stereo RCA audio inputs
- MM (moving magnet) phono input for connecting a turntable
- 7.1-channel preamp inputs
- 13.2-channel preamp outputs
- Two discrete line-level subwoofer outputs for more precise multi-subwoofer setups
- Front-panel USB port for audio playback from USB flash drives
- Ethernet port for network connection
- Outputs for 13 speakers (Front L/R, Centre, Surround L/R, Surround Back L/R, Height1 L/R, Height2 L/R, Height3 L/R)
- Receiver can power a maximum of 11 channels at once
- RS-232C and IR (infrared) remote connections for use with optional third-party controllers
- Dual 12-volt trigger outputs
- Full-sized headphone jack
- Removable power cord
- Free Marantz AVR Remote app lets you use your Apple® or Android™ device as a Wi-Fi remote
- Marantz Setup Assistant guides you through the initial connection process and settings
- HDMI standby pass-through allows HDMI switching without powering up receiver
- Remote Control: RC045SR
- Dimensions (WxHxD): 440 185 x 460mm (440 x 248 x 460 with Wi-Fi antennas raised)
- Weight: 17.6kg
- Shipping Weight: 20.9kg
- Manufacturer's Warranty: 3 years
Note: Features & Specifications Subject To Change Without Notice. E&OE