Marantz SR7015 8K Home Theatre Amplifier
Purchase This Marantz SR7015 Home Theatre Amplifier & Get A FREE Denon Home 350 Wireless Speaker Worth $995 - Please Contact Us For Details
125 Watts, 8K Processing, Advanced Gaming Support, Voice Control
Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, AirPlay, Plus Support For Spotify & Internet Radio
Simultaneous Audio And Video Playback In Up To Two Extra Rooms
Built-In HEOS Technology Delivers Multi-Room Music Streaming With Compatible Components
Marantz SR7015 Home Theatre Receiver Overview
It’s amazing just how close the Marantz SR7015 8K AV amplifier is to Marantz’s flagship SR8015. Looking through the extensive features list and examining the performance on offer and then getting a glimpse of the substantially lower price and most punters are just going to say one thing – Sold! Sure, you don’t get the luscious copper chassis or toroidal transformer, it doesn’t quite have the immense power of it’s bigger sibling but it can still drive large surround sound systems to breaking point and nope, it’s not made in Japan. But, practically everything else is there and that makes it something of a bargain.
Marantz SR7015 Updates
The SR7015 adds a number of new features that will appeal to movie enthusiasts and gamers alike. There is now support for Dolby Atmos height virtualization which means you don’t need actual height speakers to experience height sound, pretty cool. New standards supported are HDR10+, Dynamic HDR, QMS, VRR & QFT, all of which are expanded on below. Importantly, the SR7015 has video signal passthrough and upscaling up to 8K making it as future proof as these things get at the moment. HDCP 2.3 makes an appearance and Bluetooth has been upgraded from version 3.0 to 4.2.
A Closer Look At The SR7015
High Grade Audio Components: Featuring exclusive Marantz HDAM (Hyper Dynamic Amplifier Module) technology found on the Marantz Reference Series components, the SR7015 incorporates multiple HDAM modules which provide superior low noise wide-band performance in an all-discrete configuration, compared to conventional op amp ICs. HDAM technology provides an ultra-fast slew rate for true wide-band response and maximum dynamic range to deliver optimum sound quality with today’s high resolution audio formats. In addition to HDAM technology, the SR7015 also features Current Feedback instead of the typical voltage feedback configuration. A Marantz innovation introduced on their very first audiophile amplifiers more than 60 years ago, Current Feedback technology provides a wide closed-loop bandwidth and very high slew rate, delivering superior fidelity with wide-band audio sources.
Dolby Atmos & Dolby Atmos Height Virtualization Technology: Feel every dimension in Dolby Atmos with up to 7.1.4 configuration (with an additional 2ch amplifier). Enjoy a 5.1 or 7.1 surround sound speaker system and up to four additional overhead speakers or four Dolby Atmos enabled up-firing speakers for the ultimate home theatre experience - including Dolby Surround upmixer for legacy content. For those without in-ceiling speakers, Dolby Atmos Height Virtualization Technology leverages Dolby’s deep understanding of human audio perception to create the sensation of overhead sound from listener-level speakers.
DTS:X & DTS Virtual:X: DTS:X immersive audio content places sound where it would naturally occur in space, creating life-like, multi-dimensional audio. The included spatial remapping engine of DTS Neural:X offers improved immersion and heightened realism for all your favourite movies. DTS Virtual:X provides immersive audio without height channels, creating virtual height effects in a 7.1, 5.1 or 2.1 speaker arrangement.
Advanced 8K HDMI Video Section: Enjoy your favourite movies, shows and games with the best picture quality available. The SR7015 features an advanced HDMI section (8 in/3 out) with a dedicated 8K input that will support 8K/60Hz and 4K/120Hz video pass-through. All HDMI inputs feature 4:4:4 Pure Colour sub sampling, HDR10+, Dolby Vision, Hybrid Log-Gamma (HLG), and BT.2020 pass-through support for exceptional colour, clarity and contrast. Enjoy 8K upscaling as well as HDCP 2.3 processing to play copy-protected content uninhibited.
Brilliant Colour – Universal Compatibility, HDR10+, Dynamic HDR: The SR7015 supports High Dynamic Range video formats, HDR10, Dolby Vision and HLG (Hybrid Log Gamma). Dolby Vision transforms the viewing experiences with astonishing brightness, contrast, and colour. HLG offers HDR technology over broadcast content for a crisper, cleaner image. The SR7015 also supports HDR10+, which sends dynamic meta data to TV for more realistic images, as well as Dynamic HDR.
The Latest Technology in Movie Experiences: With the SR7015, enjoy all your entertainment with the latest technology available and watch your movies in unrivalled clarity. Enjoy your movies in 8K with 8K/60Hz pass-through and upscaling, as well the latest in AV receiver technology like Dynamic HDR and Quick Media Switching (QMS), which is used in movies to eliminate video delay.
The Next Generation in Gaming: With the SR7015, take your gaming to the next level. Game with 8K/120Hz pass-through, as well as Variable Refresh Rate (VRR), Quick Frame Transport (QFT), and Auto Low Latency Mode (ALLM), which reduces or eliminates lag and frame tearing to offer a smoother, lag-free gaming experience.
Other Outstanding Features
Supports Major Voice Control Agents: Enjoy effortless voice control and total flexibility from the leading voice agents. Speak commands with Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant and Apple Siri. Ask to play your favourite music, turn the volume up, skip to the next track, switch inputs and more. Switch between voice agents or pick a favourite to use - you’re in control. (Functionality and availability vary by voice agent and an external Voice Control device may be required)
Built-in Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, & AirPlay Capability: Featuring Bluetooth & Wi-Fi wireless streaming connectivity, the SR7015 is equipped with an advanced dual antenna transceiver system, for robust streaming even in congested urban environments. With Apple's AirPlay compatibility, you can enjoy listing to your favourite tracks wirelessly from your favourite iOS device such as iPhone and iPad.
Bluetooth Audio Transmission: Watch the latest movie or listen to music without waking the house. Listen to the audio on Bluetooth-connected headphones wirelessly and main speakers off, not to disturb anyone around you. The SR7015 allows you as well to play audio on both Bluetooth headphones and connected speakers simultaneously. If you have a family member or a friend who is hearing impaired, this is a great option to enjoy a movie together without raising the overall volume.
Advanced 32-bit D/A Conversion On All Channels: For optimum fidelity and the widest dynamic range with lowest distortion, the SR7015 features advanced reference-class 32-bit AKM D/A converters on all channels. This ensures consistent high fidelity and precise channel matching across all channels for the ultimate listening experience.
Advanced Audyssey MultEQ XT32: Equipped with the flagship Audyssey suite of features, the SR7015 features Audyssey MultEQ XT32 automatic room acoustic correction using advanced DSP algorithms. With the supplied measurement microphone, it analyses the output of each speaker (including the subwoofers) at up to 8 measurement locations, then generates precision digital filters that optimize each channel for the best possible sound. Audyssey Dynamic Volume smooths out annoying jumps in volume (such as TV commercials), letting you listen at lower levels while still enjoying clear dialogue, music and sound effects, while Audyssey Dynamic EQ provides full-range clarity at any listening level. Audyssey Low Frequency Containment uses advanced psychoacoustic algorithms to deliver a full-range balance, including deep bass, but without disturbing close-by neighbours or those in other rooms, and features a multi-step adjustment. Audyssey Sub EQ HT provides individual DSP tailoring of each subwoofer in a dual subwoofer setup, allowing deeper bass with improved definition when compared to a single subwoofer configuration.
External Control Capabilities: The SR7015 has a range of features to provide enhanced control and compatibility with 3rd party and custom integration solutions, including IP control, either via wired LAN connection or Wi-Fi. For compatibility with other components there's a remote control input and output on the rear panel, along with a flasher input and a 12V trigger output, while for direct connection to external home automation and control equipment, there's an RS-232C serial port.
Built-In Heos Technology: Enjoy your music anywhere in your home. This is no longer difficult or expensive to do. With built-in HEOS technology, the SR7015 can be easily integrated into a superb wireless multi-room audio system. Stream music to any of the various HEOS wireless speakers in different rooms and control each room's speakers independently with the free HEOS app. The HEOS app for Apple iOS & Android OS lets you control playback, browse music sources, and select which rooms you want to use. Play the same music throughout your home, or listen to something different in each room. You can play music from your own personal library, internet radio, and popular streaming services like Deezer, Spotify and Tidal, just to name a few.
Main Features & Specifications
Amplification & Processing
- 9-channel amplifier
- 125 watts per channel into 8 ohms (20-20,000 Hz) at 0.05% THD, with 2 channels driven
- Marantz's Hyper Dynamic Amplifier Modules (HDAM) offer exquisite detail and dynamic range while reducing noise
- Dolby®, DTS®, and Auro-3D® surround sound decoding
- Dolby Atmos® processing for use with in-ceiling or "height" speakers for more enveloping home theatre sound
- Dolby Atmos Height Virtualization and DTS Virtual:X® create three-dimensional effects without height speakers
- IMAX® Enhanced reproduces the full dynamic range of specially encoded IMAX soundtracks from compatible sources
- Analogue-to-HDMI video conversion
- Upscales standard-definition video signals to HD and Ultra HD (up to 8K)
- Audyssey speaker calibration and system optimization includes:
- MultEQ XT32 auto setup and room calibration delivers balanced, dynamic sound with enhanced surround performance
- Dynamic Volume anticipates loud sounds to keep volume levels even
- Dynamic EQ improves dialogue, bass response, and surround channel levels at lower volumes
- Sub EQ HT provides individual calibration for dual subwoofers, for even bass response throughout the room
- Low Frequency Containment reduces the amount of bass that bleeds into other rooms
- Audyssey MultEQ Editor app for further audio customization (paid app; not included)
Digital & Streaming
- Built-in Wi-Fi for listening to music from a networked PC, free internet radio, and music services
- HEOS Built-in technology wirelessly connects compatible HEOS components for whole home audio
- Includes support for Spotify®, Deezer & Tidal (subscription required for some services)
- Free HEOS app offers easy Wi-Fi control, settings adjustments, and music selection and playback
- Works with Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant voice control assistants
- Apple AirPlay 2 lets you stream directly from an iPhone® or iPad® and ask Siri to play Apple Music®
- Supports multi-room audio with compatible wireless speakers
- Built-in Bluetooth for wireless music listening with smartphones, tablets, and compatible computers
- Bluetooth transmission for sending audio from the receiver to Bluetooth-enabled headphones
- Play audio through Bluetooth headphones only, or through Bluetooth headphones and connected speakers simultaneously
- Plays high-resolution digital music files via USB storage device or a networked computer (PCM up to 24-bit/192kHz resolution; DSD up to 5.6 MHz)
- Three-room/three-source output
- Powered stereo outputs for second and third rooms allow playback in three rooms at once
- All Zone Stereo mode ensures that all zones stay in sync when playing the same source
- All Zone TV Audio lets you play surround sound in your main room and downmixed stereo in your 2nd and 3rd rooms
- Supports both analogue and digital audio connections
- HDMI dual-zone switching for watching video content from different sources in two zones simultaneously
- Zone 2 compatible audio sources: HDMI audio, optical/coaxial digital inputs, analogue audio inputs, USB, Bluetooth, and HEOS music apps
- Please Note: Cannot select different USB/Bluetooth/network sources for each zone
- HDMI 2.1 audio/video switching: 8 in (includes 1 front-panel input), 3 out
- 1 input and 2 outputs support 8K/60Hz and 4K/120Hz video
- All inputs and outputs support 4K/60Hz video
- HDCP 2.3 technology ensures compatibility with Ultra HD sources and TVs
- HDR-compatible for extended picture contrast and brightness with compatible TVs and HDR-encoded content
- Supports HDR10, HDR10+, Dolby Vision™, and HLG
- Gaming-optimized video processing technologies for a smooth, lag-free gaming experience
- Variable Refresh Rate (VRR), Auto Low Latency Mode (ALLM), and Quick Frame Transport (QFT) reduce or eliminate lag and frame tearing
- Supports ARC (Audio Return Channel) and eARC (Enhanced Audio Return Channel)
- eARC receives uncompressed surround sound signals including Dolby Atmos and DTS:X via the HDMI connection with your compatible TV
- Component video switching: 3 in, 1 out
- Composite video switching: 3 in, 2 out
- Digital audio inputs: 2 Toslink optical, 2 coaxial
- 5 analogue stereo RCA audio inputs
- MM (moving magnet) phono input for connecting a turntable
- 7.1-channel preamp inputs
- 11.2-channel preamp outputs
- Two discrete line-level subwoofer outputs for more precise multi-subwoofer setups
- Front-panel USB port for audio playback from USB flash drives
- Ethernet port for network connection
- Outputs for 11 speakers (Front L/R, Centre, Surround L/R, Surround Back L/R, Height1 L/R, Height2 L/R)
- Receiver can power a maximum of 9 channels at once
- RS-232C and IR (infrared) remote connections for use with optional third-party controllers
- Dual 12-volt trigger outputs
- Full-sized headphone jack
- Removable power cord
- Free Marantz AVR Remote app lets you use your Apple® or Android™ device as a Wi-Fi remote
- Marantz Setup Assistant guides you through the initial connection process and settings
- HDMI standby pass-through allows HDMI switching without powering up receiver
- Remote Control: RC043SR
- Dimensions (WxHxD): 440 x 185 x 411mm (440 x 247 x 411 with Wi-Fi antennas raised)
- Weight: 14.2kg
- Shipping Weight: 16.9kg
- Manufacturer's Warranty: 3 Years
Note: Features & Specifications Subject To Change Without Notice. E&OE