Marantz SR5015 8K Home Theatre Receiver
100 Watts, 8K Processing, Advanced Gaming Support, Voice Control
Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, AirPlay, Plus Support For Spotify & Internet Radio
Simultaneous Audio And Video Playback In A Second Room
Built-In HEOS Technology Delivers Multi-Room Music Streaming With Compatible Components
This item is In Stock
Marantz SR5015 Home Theatre Receiver Overview
We said it about the SR6015 but we’re absolutely gob smacked to be saying it about the SR5015 - 8K at this price point, you have to be joking? We wouldn’t have thought it possible but there it is right on the spec sheet and on the back panel just above the HDMI connections. But don’t think the SR5015 is just an 8K one trick pony because it also has a number of other tasty upgrades that are reason to get excited.
Marantz SR5015 Updates
The SR5015 adds a number of new features that will appeal to movie enthusiasts and gamers alike. New standards supported are HDR10+, Dynamic HDR, QMS, VRR, QFT and ALLM, all of which are expanded on below. Importantly, the SR5015 has video signal passthrough and upscaling up to 8K making it as future proof as these things get at the moment and Bluetooth has been upgraded from version 4.1 to 4.2.
A Closer Look At The SR5015
High Grade Audio Components: Featuring exclusive Marantz HDAM (Hyper Dynamic Amplifier Module) technology found on the Marantz Reference Series components, the SR5015 incorporates multiple HDAM modules which provide superior low noise wide-band performance in an all-discrete configuration, compared to conventional op amp ICs. HDAM technology provides an ultra-fast slew rate for true wide-band response and maximum dynamic range to deliver optimum sound quality with today’s high resolution audio formats. In addition to HDAM technology, the SR5015 also features Current Feedback instead of the typical voltage feedback configuration. A Marantz innovation introduced on their very first audiophile amplifiers more than 60 years ago, Current Feedback technology provides a wide closed-loop bandwidth and very high slew rate, delivering superior fidelity with wide-band audio sources.
Dolby Atmos & Dolby Atmos Height Virtualization Technology: Feel every dimension in Dolby Atmos with up to 5.1.2 configuration. Enjoy a 5.1 surround sound speaker system and two additional overhead speakers or two Dolby Atmos enabled up-firing speakers for the ultimate home theatre experience - including Dolby Surround upmixer for legacy content. For those without in-ceiling speakers, Dolby Atmos Height Virtualization Technology leverages Dolby’s deep understanding of human audio perception to create the sensation of overhead sound from listener-level speakers.
DTS:X & DTS Virtual:X: DTS:X immersive audio content places sound where it would naturally occur in space, creating life-like, multi-dimensional audio. The included spatial remapping engine of DTS Neural:X offers improved immersion and heightened realism for all your favourite movies. DTS Virtual:X provides immersive audio without height channels, creating virtual height effects in a 5.1 or 2.1 speaker arrangement.
Advanced 8K HDMI Video Section: Enjoy your favourite movies, shows and games with the best picture quality available. The SR5015 features an advanced HDMI section (6 in/2 out) with a dedicated 8K input that will support 8K/60Hz and 4K/120Hz video pass-through. All HDMI inputs feature 4:4:4 Pure Colour sub sampling, HDR10+, Dolby Vision, Hybrid Log-Gamma (HLG), and BT.2020 pass-through support for exceptional colour, clarity and contrast. Enjoy 8K upscaling as well as HDCP 2.3 processing to play copy-protected content uninhibited.
Brilliant Colour – Universal Compatibility, HDR10+, Dynamic HDR: The SR5015 supports High Dynamic Range video formats, HDR10, Dolby Vision and HLG (Hybrid Log Gamma). Dolby Vision transforms the viewing experiences with astonishing brightness, contrast, and colour. HLG offers HDR technology over broadcast content for a crisper, cleaner image. The SR5015 also supports HDR10+, which sends dynamic meta data to TV for more realistic images, as well as Dynamic HDR.
The Latest Technology in Movie Experiences: With the SR5015, enjoy all your entertainment with the latest technology available and watch your movies in unrivalled clarity. Enjoy your movies in 8K with 8K/60Hz pass-through and upscaling, as well the latest in AV receiver technology like Dynamic HDR and Quick Media Switching (QMS), which is used in movies to eliminate video delay.
The Next Generation in Gaming: With the SR5015, take your gaming to the next level. Game with 8K/120Hz pass-through, as well as Variable Refresh Rate (VRR), Quick Frame Transport (QFT), and Auto Low Latency Mode (ALLM), which reduces or eliminates lag and frame tearing to offer a smoother, lag-free gaming experience.
Other Outstanding Features
Supports Major Voice Control Agents: Enjoy effortless voice control and total flexibility from the leading voice agents. Speak commands with Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant and Apple Siri. Ask to play your favourite music, turn the volume up, skip to the next track, switch inputs and more. Switch between voice agents or pick a favourite to use - you’re in control. (Functionality and availability vary by voice agent and an external Voice Control device may be required)
Built-in Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, & AirPlay Capability: Featuring Bluetooth & Wi-Fi wireless streaming connectivity, the SR5015 is equipped with an advanced dual antenna transceiver system, for robust streaming even in congested urban environments. With Apple's AirPlay compatibility, you can enjoy listing to your favourite tracks wirelessly from your favourite iOS device such as iPhone and iPad.
Bluetooth Audio Transmission: Watch the latest movie or listen to music without waking the house. Listen to the audio on Bluetooth-connected headphones wirelessly and main speakers off, not to disturb anyone around you. The SR5015 allows you as well to play audio on both Bluetooth headphones and connected speakers simultaneously. If you have a family member or a friend who is hearing impaired, this is a great option to enjoy a movie together without raising the overall volume.
Advanced 32-bit D/A Conversion On All Channels: For optimum fidelity and the widest dynamic range with lowest distortion, the SR5015 features advanced reference-class 32-bit AKM D/A converters on all channels. This ensures consistent high fidelity and precise channel matching across all channels for the ultimate listening experience.
Advanced Audyssey MultEQ XT: Optimize your audio experience with Audyssey MultEQ XT for seamless setup of your listening environment. With the supplied measurement microphone, MultEQ XT analyzes each speaker's output (including the subwoofers) at up to eight measurement locations and generates precision digital filters that optimize each channel for the correct frequency and time domain response. Audyssey Dynamic Volume smooths out disruptive jumps in volume (such as TV commercials), letting you listen at lower levels while still enjoying clear dialogue, music and sound. Audyssey Dynamic EQ provides full-range clarity at any listening level.
The SR5015 also supports the Audyssey MultEQ Editor App which is available for purchase for iOS & Android devices. Go ‘under the hood’, view and adjust settings for detailed tuning, customize the sound more precisely to the specific problem areas in your room, and tailor the sound to your personal preferences.
External Control Capabilities: The SR5015 has a range of features to provide enhanced control and compatibility with 3rd party and custom integration solutions, including IP control, either via wired LAN connection or Wi-Fi. For compatibility with other components there's a remote control input and output on the rear panel, along with a flasher input and a 12V trigger output, while for direct connection to external home automation and control equipment, there's an RS-232C serial port.
Built-In Heos Technology: Enjoy your music anywhere in your home. This is no longer difficult or expensive to do. With built-in HEOS technology, the SR5015 can be easily integrated into a superb wireless multi-room audio system. Stream music to any of the various HEOS wireless speakers in different rooms and control each room's speakers independently with the free HEOS app. The HEOS app for Apple iOS & Android OS lets you control playback, browse music sources, and select which rooms you want to use. Play the same music throughout your home, or listen to something different in each room. You can play music from your own personal library, internet radio, and popular streaming services like Deezer, Spotify and Tidal, just to name a few.
Main Features & Specifications
Amplification & Processing
- 7-channel amplifier
- 100 watts per channel into 8 ohms (20-20,000 Hz) at 0.08% THD, with 2 channels driven
- Marantz's Hyper Dynamic Amplifier Modules (HDAM) offer exquisite detail and dynamic range while reducing noise
- Dolby® and DTS® surround sound decoding
- Dolby Atmos® processing for use with in-ceiling or "height" speakers for more enveloping home theatre sound
- Dolby Atmos Height Virtualization and DTS Virtual:X® create three-dimensional effects without height speakers
- Analogue-to-HDMI video conversion
- Upscales standard-definition video signals to HD and Ultra HD (up to 8K)
- Audyssey speaker calibration and system optimization includes:
- MultEQ XT auto setup and room calibration delivers balanced, dynamic sound with enhanced surround performance
- Dynamic Volume anticipates loud sounds to keep volume levels even
- Dynamic EQ improves dialogue, bass response, and surround channel levels at lower volumes
- Audyssey MultEQ Editor app for further audio customization (paid app; not included)
Digital & Streaming
- Built-in Wi-Fi for listening to music from a networked PC, free internet radio, and music services
- HEOS Built-in technology wirelessly connects compatible HEOS components for whole home audio
- Includes support for Spotify®, Deezer & Tidal (subscription required for some services)
- Free HEOS app offers easy Wi-Fi control, settings adjustments, and music selection and playback
- Works with Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant voice control assistants
- Apple AirPlay 2 lets you stream directly from an iPhone® or iPad® and ask Siri to play Apple Music®
- Supports multi-room audio with compatible wireless speakers
- Built-in Bluetooth for wireless music listening with smartphones, tablets, and compatible computers
- Bluetooth transmission for sending audio from the receiver to Bluetooth-enabled headphones
- Play audio through Bluetooth headphones only, or through Bluetooth headphones and connected speakers simultaneously
- Plays high-resolution digital music files via USB storage device or a networked computer (PCM up to 24-bit/192kHz resolution; DSD up to 5.6 MHz)
- Dual-room/dual-source output
- Powered stereo outputs for second room allow playback in both rooms at once
- All Zone Stereo mode ensures that both zones stay in sync when playing the same source
- All Zone TV Audio lets you play surround sound in your main room and downmixed stereo in your 2nd room
- Supports both analogue and digital audio connections
- Zone 2 compatible audio sources: HDMI audio, optical/coaxial digital inputs, analogue audio inputs, AM/FM tuner, USB, Bluetooth, and HEOS music apps
- Please Note: Cannot select different USB/Bluetooth/network sources for each zone
- HDMI 2.1 audio/video switching: 6 in, 2 out
- 1 input and 2 outputs support 8K/60Hz and 4K/120Hz video
- All inputs and outputs support 4K/60Hz video
- HDCP 2.3 technology ensures compatibility with Ultra HD sources and TVs
- HDR-compatible for extended picture contrast and brightness with compatible TVs and HDR-encoded content
- Supports HDR10, HDR10+, Dolby Vision™, and HLG
- Gaming-optimized video processing technologies for a smooth, lag-free gaming experience
- Variable Refresh Rate (VRR), Auto Low Latency Mode (ALLM), and Quick Frame Transport (QFT) reduce or eliminate lag and frame tearing
- Supports ARC (Audio Return Channel) and eARC (Enhanced Audio Return Channel)
- eARC receives uncompressed surround sound signals including Dolby Atmos and DTS:X via the HDMI connection with your compatible TV
- Component video switching: 2 in, 1 out
- Composite video switching: 2 in, 1 out
- Digital audio inputs: 2 Toslink optical, 2 coaxial
- 4 analogue stereo RCA audio inputs
- MM (moving magnet) phono input for connecting a turntable
- 7.2-channel preamp outputs
- Dual subwoofer outputs for more precise multi-subwoofer setups
- Front-panel USB port for audio playback from USB flash drives
- Ethernet port for network connection
- Outputs for 7 speakers (Front L/R, Centre, Surround L/R, Surround Back L/R)
- RS-232C and IR (infrared) remote connections for use with optional third-party controllers
- 12-volt trigger output
- Full-sized headphone jack
- Removable power cord
- Free Marantz AVR Remote app lets you use your Apple® or Android™ device as a Wi-Fi remote
- Marantz Setup Assistant guides you through the initial connection process and settings
- HDMI standby pass-through allows HDMI switching without powering up receiver
- AM/FM tuner
- Remote Control: RC042SR
- Dimensions (WxHxD): 440 x 161 x 348mm (440 x 231 x 348 with Wi-Fi antennas raised)
- Weight: 10.1 kg
- Shipping Weight: 12.3 kg
- Manufacturer's Warranty: 3 years
Note: Features & Specifications Subject To Change Without Notice. E&OE.