Marantz SACD 30n Streaming CD Player
Please Note: This item is usually in stock and ready for despatch. Please note that it may not be on demonstration or available for immediate in-store collection.
High Performance Music Streamer & CD/SACD Player
Supports AirPlay 2, Bluetooth, Internet Radio, Spotify Connect, TIDAL & Deezer
Play Hi-Res PCM 32-bit/384kHz & DSD256 Files
Add HEOS Wireless Speakers For Whole House Audio
About The Marantz SACD 30n Streaming CD Player
It’s not often you come across a source component as versatile as the Marantz SACD 30n, especially one that plays Super Audio Compact Discs (SACDs). But here you have it because the Marantz SACD 30n is a motherlode of high-resolution digital sources in one component. It's a disc player with an innovative transport mechanism and compatibility with standard CDs, homemade discs, and SACDs. It's also a state-of-the-art network music player that gives you access to popular streaming apps, internet radio, Bluetooth and Apple AirPlay 2. If you like to stream high-res files from a computer, network attached storage (NAS), or a USB drive, the built-in Marantz Musical Mastering digital-to-analogue converter provides pure and accurate musical detail for those files, too.
HEOS Music Streaming: The SACD 30n’s built-in HEOS technology allows you to stream and play back your favourite music wirelessly from literally unlimited sources. Enjoy music from Spotify Connect, TuneIn internet radio, Tidal, Deezer, or your local music file libraries. And HEOS also lets you build a wireless multi-room audio system. Stream music to HEOS wireless speakers and components in different rooms, and control each room's speakers independently with the free HEOS app. The app lets you control playback, browse music sources, and select which rooms you want to use. Play the same music throughout your home, or listen to something different in each room.
Convincingly Connected: This player is designed to pair with the all-analogue Marantz Model 30 stereo integrated amplifier and is basically the digital brains to the Model 30’s analogue brawn. To that end, it features an array of digital inputs, including:
1 Coaxial & 2 Optical digital audio inputs (with support for high-res PCM audio up to 24-bit/192kHz)
USB input (Type A) for USB drives (PCM up to 24-bit/192kHz & DSD to 5.6 MHz)
USB input (Type B) for audio playback of stored music files on a computer (PCM up to 32-bit/384kHz & DSD up to 11.2 MHz)
There are two sets of analogue outputs as well. A fixed-level stereo RCA output with gold-plated high-grade terminals lets you connect to a receiver, preamp, or integrated amplifier. Or you can use the variable-level RCA output for direct connection to powered speakers or a power amplifier.
Marantz SACD 30n Technology
The Complete Digital Music Player: SACD 30n is built to meet all the requirements of the modern audiophile who wants to combine a large digital music collection with the leading online music services.
The Marantz SACD 30n marries a classic premium SACD / CD player with a modern digital source’s hub/preamp. It plays hi-resolution files including FLAC HD and DSD from your home network, local USB storage, and online sources such as streaming services and internet radio. It features HEOS streaming, voice and multi-room support, and DAC functionality, as well as Apple AirPlay 2 and Bluetooth integration. The SACD 30n is future-proofed, accepting file formats all the way up to 11.2Mhz quad-DSD and 384kHz/32-bit PCM via USB-B.
The Most Musical, Accurate, Detailed Sound: SACD 30n is built on its own discrete circuit board, the Hyper-Dynamic Amplifier Module, or HDAM. By custom-curating hundreds of individual parts, rather than adopting an off the shelf solution, Marantz HDAM technology significantly outperforms standard integrated circuits to create the unique musicality you always expect from Marantz.
Transport Mechanism: A History Of Excellence: Marantz launched its first CD player – the original CD-63 – in 1982. They have continued to innovate ever since. At the heart of the SACD 30n is a new innovative SACDM-3L transport mechanism, engineered solely for the best possible performance when playing SACDs, CD's and music stored on data discs. This new mechanism promises exceptional sound quality from conventional CD and SACD discs and allows listeners to create their own high-resolution audio compilation discs using a computer DVD burner. While the SACD/CD source is not being used, the power supply for the disc drive is shut down to reduce noise and interference.
Legacy System Connectivity: The SACD 30n integrates the Marantz Musical Mastering digital-to-analogue converter. The optical and coaxial digital inputs for existing source components support signals up to 24bit/192kHz. The SACD 30n also comes with an asynchronous USB type B input for connection with a computer. The USB type B input supports PCM and DXD signals up to 32bit/384kHz, as well as Quad-DSD (11.2MHz) via DoP.
It all began in the 1950's with a man - a technician named Saul Marantz. More than any other person, Saul Marantz defined premium home entertainment. Driven by his passion for music and his accomplishments as a classical guitarist – accomplishments that led to a close friendship with Andres Segovia – he was never satisfied with the “hi fi” equipment of his day. So he built better; first in his basement, later in a factory. His talent for industrial design and his ability to infuse talented engineers all insured that his company would remain a premiere name in the industry he helped establish.
The team at Marantz continues to be passionate about music and the products they manufacture - a history spanning close to 70 years. With their receivers, amplifiers, CD players, turntables, and other components, they strive to reproduce the magic of the original performance — just as the artist intended. And the parent company has solid commercial backing so you can have confidence they are around for the long haul. Marantz has one simple philosophy and slogan: "because music matters." If you can relate to this ethic, then you're almost home!
Our Take On The Marantz SACD 30n Streaming CD Player
If you’re an avid music lover you may have shelves (or maybe garage boxes) filled with CDs. If you’re really an audiophile you’ve probably also collected SACD discs, which were designed to be the ‘high resolution’ successor to the CD. Sadly, SACDs didn’t succeed in the mass market, although a few companies still produce them. CDs have also died a fairly quick death, after years of being the dominant playback medium. In fact, recently, the Recording Industry Association of America reported that vinyl discs are actually outselling CDs now.
Marantz has clearly been watching these trends and knows there are a lot of SACDs and CDs that would benefit from better quality playback. After learning from well-regarded uber-expensive CD players like their Marantz SA-KI Ruby, Marantz is now offering a more cost effective high-quality SACD/CD/Network streaming player that hopes to play your old discs back at a fidelity you haven’t heard before. Meanwhile, with a nod to the latest trends, it can also serve as a DAC, and it’s a home for high-quality music streaming services. So, if you want to hear what your CDs & SACDs are really capable of and also want to stream hi-res audio from the likes of Tidal then the Marantz SACD 30n should be right near the top of your shopping list.
Main Features & Specifications
- Design: Hi-Res All-In-One Music Streamer & CD/SACD Player
- Stereo Playback for SACDs, Audio CDs, CD-Rs, CD-RWs, and DVD-Rs (including MP3 and WMA discs)
- Innovative SACD-M3L transport mechanism for excellent performance and sound quality
- Marantz's Hyper Dynamic Amplifier Modules (HDAM SA3) offer exquisite detail and dynamic range while reducing noise
- Selectable digital filters for fine-tuning sound
- High-Quality headphone amplifier featuring HDAM SA2 amplifier modules
- Toroidal transformer with copper-plated shielding
- Voice Control: Works with Amazon Alexa / Google Assist / Apple Siri
- 1 Coaxial & 2 Optical digital audio inputs
- Support high-res PCM audio up to 24-bit/192kHz
- Rear-Panel USB input (Type A) for USB drives
- Allows gapless playback of FLAC, WAV, AIFF & ALAC files up to 24-bit/192kHz (DSD files up to 5.6 MHz)
- Rear-Panel Asynchronous USB input (Type B) for audio playback of stored music files
- Supports high-resolution PCM files up to 32-bit/384kHz and DSD files up to 11.2 MHz (DSD256)
- Fixed level stereo RCA output with gold plated high-grade terminals for connecting to a receiver, preamp, or integrated amplifier
- Variable level RCA output for direct connection to powered speakers or a power amplifier
- Optical & Coaxial digital audio outputs
- Bluetooth & Apple AirPlay 2
- RS-232C connection
- RCA Remote Control In/Outs
- Front-Panel full-size 6.35mm (1/4") headphone output with volume control
- SACD Playback
- Frequency Response: 2-50,000 (-3 dB)
- Signal-To-Noise Ratio: 112 dB
- Dynamic Range: 109 dB
- THD: 0.0008%
- Digital outputs are disabled during SACD playback
- CD Playback
- Frequency Response: 2-20,000 (±1 dB)
- Signal-To-Noise Ratio: 104 dB
- Dynamic Range: 98 dB
- THD: 0.0015%
Network Player Features
- Built-In dual-band Wi-Fi and Bluetooth
- HEOS Built-in technology:
- Internet Radio via TuneIn and iHeart Radio
- Cloud-Based access to popular streaming services, including Spotify Connect, Deezer, Amazon Music HD, TIDAL and more (subject to local availability)
- Wirelessly connects compatible HEOS components for whole home audio
- Apple AirPlay 2 allows wireless streaming via iPhone, iPad, iPod or computer running iTunes
- Works with Roon music player subscription software
- Included Accessories: System remote control, 2 x AAA batteries, 2 x Wi-Fi/Bluetooth Antennas, 1 metre stereo RCA interconnect cable, 750mm mono RCA remote connector cable, IEC power cable, Quick start guide
- RCA Interconnect: The supplied RCA interconnect cable can get you going but is not really suitable for a product of this quality. Upgrade to a better quality RCA interconnect for improved performance.
- Detachable Power Cable: Upgrade to a better quality power cable for improved performance
- Dimensions (WxHxD): 443 x 424 x 130mm
- Weight: 13.5kg
- Manufacturer’s Warranty: 2 Years plus an extra year if registered
Note: Features & Specifications Subject To Change Without Notice. E&OE.