Marantz PM7000N Stereo Amplifier
Please Note: This item is in stock and ready for despatch. Please note that it may not be on demonstration or available for immediate in-store collection.
Convenient All-In-One Amplifier/DAC/Streamer
Just Add Speakers For A Complete System
High Current 60 Watt Amplifier
HEOS Streaming Built-In, Play Digital Files, Internet Radio & Streaming Services
About Marantz PM7000N Stereo Amplifier
The 60 Watt Marantz PM7000N integrated amplifier specialises in delivering music accurately, with plenty of clean power for precise, dynamic stereo sound. This integrated amp can handle audio sources that you plug in, like a turntable and CD player. Plus, its HEOS Built-in technology makes it easy to listen to your favourite music streaming services and your collection of digital audio files.
High Current Drive: The PM7000N's power supply features a beefy toroidal transformer with high-current storage capacitors, so the amplifier can handle demanding 4 ohm speakers. There's plenty of power in reserve to faithfully render dynamic peaks in the music.
Wired Convenience: The PM7000N has plenty of analogue and digital connections. It features four stereo RCA inputs, including an input for your turntable that's compatible with moving magnet phono cartridges. The back panel also has a coaxial digital and two optical inputs for connecting digital sources. And there's a Type-A USB port for connecting a thumb drive full of music, too. Digital sources benefit from a 24-bit/192kHz digital-to-analogue converter that provides high-performance playback.
Multi-Room System: With built-in HEOS technology, the Marantz PM7000N can be easily integrated into a wireless multi-room audio system. Stream music to HEOS wireless speakers and components in different rooms, and control each room's speakers independently with the free mobile HEOS app. The app lets you control playback, browse music sources, and select which rooms you want to use. Play the same music throughout your home, or listen to something different in each room.
Current Feed Amplification: Current Feedback amplification, a renowned Marantz-proprietary circuit technology, is thoughtfully designed to match the requirements of Super Audio hi-res music for wide-bandwidth, high-speed reproduction and renders the power amplifier nearly immune to difficult loudspeaker loads.
Marantz HDAM-S3 Technology: Marantz developed its own discrete circuit boards called Hyper-Dynamic Amplifier Modules, or HDAMs, to replace the chip-based amps used elsewhere. The result is much more dynamic, accurate and detailed sound.
Electronic Volume Control with HDAM: A newly developed electric volume control uses the latest volume control IC couple with Marantz HDAM to deliver better channel separation, dynamic range, improved S/N ratio and distortion-reduction, while retaining the operational feel of an analogue volume control device.
Shielded Digital Circuit: To preserve the analogue circuit from digital interferences or noise radiation, the digital circuit is installed into a shielded case, preventing interference. The wireless digital boards can also be completely switched off independently using "Pure Modes" to avoid any interference.
Audio Controls: The Marantz PM7000N integrated amplifier offers Bass & Treble adjustment, 3 Pure Modes, a Source Direct Function, and an adjustable Volume Limit.
Optical & Coaxial Digital Inputs: The Marantz PM7000N is outfitted with two optical (toslink) digital inputs and one coaxial (RCA) digital input. The optical and coaxial digital inputs support 2ch PCM audio files, up to 24-bit/192kHz (not compatible with Dolby Digital or DTS). The integrated amplifier powers up automatically when sensing a digital input from a TV.
Analogue Inputs & Outputs: The Marantz network integrated amplifier features three stereo RCA line-level analogue inputs and one stereo RCA line-level analogue output.
MM Phono Input: The Marantz PM7000N is equipped with a Phono input to connect a turntable using a Moving Magnet (MM) cartridge. The PM700N integrates a FET (field-effect transistors) in its Phono input stage. This provides high input impedance, eliminates the need for AC coupling capacitors, and simplifies the signal path, lowering distortion and noise vastly improving the signal purity overall.
High Quality Binding Posts: The network integrated amplifier features a set of heavy-duty, dense brass binding post speaker output terminals with thick silver plating to provide the best possible contact and signal transfer with your speaker cables. The binding post terminals will accept bare wire (up to 10AWG, pin-connectors, and banana plugs.
Subwoofer Output: The Marantz PM7000N is outfitted with a mono-RCA subwoofer output for connecting a powered subwoofer. The integrated amplifier has a variable low pass subwoofer crossover that can be set to 40, 60, 80, 100, or 120Hz.
Headphone Jack: The PM700N features a front-panel 1/4" (6.35mm) headphone jack to plug in your set of headphones (the speakers will automatically mute when headphones are plugged in).
Network & HEOS Audio
Wired or Wireless Network Connection: The Marantz PM7000N offers wired (Ethernet) or wireless (Wi-Fi) network connection. Either network connection gives the PM7000N access to HEOS music apps like Tidal, TuneIn Internet Radio, Spotify Connect, your music library on your Apple iOS or Android device, as well as music content on your Windows PC or DLNA music server.
TuneIn Internet Radio: The Marantz PM7000N includes access to more than 100,000 free internet radio streams from all corners of the globe via the built-in TuneIn online music service.
Spotify Connect: If you subscribe to Spotify and have the Spotify App on your Apple iOS or Android mobile device, you can stream Spotify to the Marantz network integrated amplifier.
HEOS Music Apps: With built-in HEOS technology and the HEOS app on your compatible Apple iOS or Android mobile device, you'll be able to stream a wide variety of online music services (fees may apply), plus the music library of your mobile device through the Marantz network integrated amplifier.
HEOS Wireless Multi-room Audio: Built-in HEOS technology enables the PM7000N to become part of the HEOS by Denon wireless multi-room audio eco-system, allowing you to stream and control all of your local and online music effortlessly from anywhere in your home with the HEOS App. The HEOS system is a true multi-room audio system that automatically synchronizes audio playback between multiple HEOS devices so that your music (up to 24-bit/192kHz Hi-Res audio) coming from different rooms is perfectly in sync and always sounds amazing. You can play the same audio source in every room or any combination of rooms you choose, including a different song in every room.
Compatible Sources: The following sources can be distributed through the HEOS multi-room audio system:
- TuneIn Internet Radio & Spotify Connect
- HEOS music apps including Tidal
- Windows PC & DLNA music servers
- Bluetooth & USB audio
- Music libraries stored on your Apple iOS or Android mobile device
- Analogue & Digital inputs (including Optical, Coaxial, Line-Level, and Phono)
AirPlay 2: AirPlay 2 is an advanced and easy-to-use wireless multi-room audio platform for iTunes, Apple Music, and other compatible Apple iOS apps. With AirPlay 2 you can play any audio from your Apple iOS device or Mac computer on the PM7000N and other compatible AirPlay 2 speakers throughout your home.
Built-in Bluetooth: The Marantz PM7000N features built-in Bluetooth 4.1 with a 30 metre wireless range for music streaming and control. You'll be able to wirelessly connect to smartphones, tablets, laptops, computers and other Bluetooth-enabled devices.
Rear-Panel USB Input: The PM7000N is equipped with a rear-panel USB (type-A) port that allows you to enjoy a variety of music files from a USB mass storage class memory device; such as a USB thumbdrive or portable HDD (a portable hard disk drive may require an external power supply). Compatible USB storage devices must be formatted in FAT 16 or FAT32 (a FAT16 device can have up to 2GB of storage, while a FAT32 device can have up to 2TB of storage). The unit can recognise up to 500 folders/500 files. You can use the PM7000N’s remote control to navigate your stored music files on your connected USB memory device. Song/artist information will display on the PM7000N’s front-panel LCD.
App, Voice, & Remote Control
HEOS App: You'll need to download the HEOS App onto your compatible Apple iOS or Android mobile device to enjoy HEOS functionality through the PM7000N network integrated amplifier. Using your compatible mobile device and the HEOS app, you can setup, browse, explore, and control the HEOS system right in the palm of your hand, from anywhere in your home.
Alexa Compatible: HEOS and Amazon Alexa customers can now enjoy the convenience of Alexa voice control plus high-quality wireless home audio. In addition to controlling your HEOS components with the HEOS app on your mobile device or tablet, you can now control them with Amazon Alexa voice technology and an Amazon Alexa device (such as the Echo or Echo Dot, sold separately).
Google Assistant Support: Ask your Google Home, the Google app, or other devices with Google Assistant built-in to control HEOS content across your listening environment. Once you start music in the HEOS app, you can ask the Google Assistant to control volume, play, pause, skip tracks, and more. Once you have grouped your HEOS-enabled devices using the HEOS app, you can use the Google Assistant and voice commands to control a group of HEOS devices as a whole.
IR Remote Control: The Marantz PM7000N includes an ergonomic IR remote control for wireless operation of the network integrated amplifier and its various audio sources. The PM7000N also features IR Learning, enabling you to turn volume up, down, on or off with your TV remote.
Other Features Of The PM7000N
Front-Panel Display: The front-panel display indicates source selection, song/artist/album information (no album art), sampling frequency data, and menu settings. The display brightness can be adjusted between four levels. Switching the display off reduces a source of noise that affects sound quality, enabling higher sound quality playback.
Favourites: The Favourite function allows you to register your favourite stations and files in the Favourite List in advance so that you can call and listen to the stations or files right away. The content that you can register and recall are Internet radio stations, online music services, DLNA music servers, and USB. You can register up to 50 items in the Favourite List.
Gapless Playback: Many live and classical albums have no gaps in the music. Gapless playback ensures that there are no pauses between audio files. This provides playback with no interruptions, the way it was meant to be heard. Compatible with FLAC, WAV, ALAC, and DSD music files via USB or DLNA.
PM7000N In The News
“On paper, the PM7000N seems a sure winner in its pairing of Marantz amplification and the HEOS streaming experience that has become part and parcel of networked Denon and Marantz kit. And thankfully that transpires in practise....If you’re after a practical box of tricks for all your analogue, digital and streaming needs that is great to both use and listen to, this Poppins bag-like hi-fi system should probably be scribbled at the top of your wish list....A practical, well furnished just-add-speakers streaming system that impresses with its entertaining performance. Big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity, solid streaming platform & handy text display.” What Hi-Fi? Five Stars & Awards Winner 2019-2020
Main Features & Specifications
- Design: 2 Channel stereo amplifier with built-in DAC
- Power Output: 2 x 60 Watts per channel into 8 Ohms (20-20kHz) at 0.02% THD
- 2 x 80 Watts per channel into 4 Ohms
- Frequency Response: 5-100kHz (±3dB)
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: 115 dB (line in), 87 dB (phono)
- Built-in DAC: 24-bit/192kHz digital-to-analogue converter for high-performance playback of digitally connected sources
- Hi-Res Music: Supports high-res PCM-based files up to 24-bit/192kHz and DSD files up to 5.6MHz
- Power Supply: High-current toroidal power transformer for clean playback and smooth handling of demanding speaker loads
- HDAM Circuit: Hyper Dynamic Amplifier Module and current feedback amplification for accuracy and control under high-drive conditions
- Built-in Bluetooth: Stream music from compatible phones, tablets, and computers
- Built-in Headphone Amplifier: Enjoy high-quality audio via the dedicated on-board amplifier
- Phono Input: Accepts a Moving Coil (MM) cartridge
- Tone Controls: Front-panel tone controls (treble and bass)
- Source Direct Mode: This bypasses the tone control circuits for cleaner sound
HEOS & Music Streaming Technology
- Built-in Wi-Fi: Listen to music from a networked PC, internet radio, and music services
- Online Music Services: Includes support for Amazon Music, Deezer; SoundCloud, Spotify, Tidal and other music services (subscription required for some services)
- Free HEOS app: The easy way for Wi-Fi control, settings adjustments, and music selection and playback
- Voice Control: Works with Apple Siri, Amazon Alexa and Google Home voice control assistants
- Apple AirPlay 2: This lets you stream directly from an iPhone or iPad and ask Siri to play Apple Music
- Multi-Room: Supports multi-room audio with compatible wireless speakers
- Lossy Format Support: Supports MP3; WMA; AAC
- Lossless Format Support: FLAC (24bit, 192kHz, Gapless); ALAC (24bit, 192kHz, Gapless); WAV (24bit, 192kHz, Gapless DSD (up to 5.6MHz/DSD128, Gapless)
- Internet Radio: Provided by TuneIn
- Digital Inputs: 2 optical digital and 1 coaxial digital audio input
- Type-A USB Port: Connect a portable drive via the rear channel input
- Line-Level Inputs: 3 pair stereo RCA audio inputs
- Line-Level Output: 1 pair stereo RCA audio outputs (for recording)
- Phono Input: Accepts a Moving Coil (MM) cartridge
- Headphone Jack: There is a full size socket on the front panel
- Speaker Wire Terminals: Will accept bare wire or banana plugs
- Subwoofer Output: Variable crossover at 40Hz; 60Hz; 80Hz; 100Hz; 120Hz
- Ethernet Port: For hard-wired connection to your router
Marantz PM7000N General Features
- 3 Line OLED Display
- Remote Control: IR Learning for TV remote
- Auto Power On/Off on Digital Inputs
- Sleep Timer: Yes
- Metal Front Panel: A Marantz tradition
- Power Consumption: 220 Watts PEAK
- Network Standby: 4.6 Watts
- Standby: 0.3 Watts
- Detachable Power Cable: Can be upgraded to something better.
- Dimensions (WxHxD): 440 x 125 x 379mm (excluding antennas)
- Net Weight: 10.8kg
- Shipping Weight: 12.3kg
- Manufacturer's Warranty: 3 Years
Note: Features & Specifications Subject To Change Without Notice. E&OE. Product images are for illustration purposes only and may vary from the actual product. Any accessories pictured (MP3 Player, Phone, Computer etc) are not included with the product.