Marantz NR1711 8K Home Theatre Receiver
Slimline 50 Watt 7.2 Channel Receiver With Dolby Atmos
8K Processing, Advanced Gaming Support, Voice Control
Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, AirPlay, Plus Support For Spotify & Internet Radio
Built-In HEOS Technology Delivers Multi-Room Music Streaming With Compatible Components
About Marantz NR1711 AV Receiver
The Marantz NR1711 7.2ch 8K Ultra HD AV receiver drives immersive, high-fidelity audio from a compact chassis. At half the height of a traditional AV receiver, the NR1711 supports multi-dimensional audio formats Dolby Atmos®, Dolby Atmos Height Virtualization Technology, DTS:X®, and DTS Virtual:X™. You can experience these object-based audio codecs from smart TVs apps through the main HDMI output.
Enjoy exquisite video performance thanks to the latest HDMI technologies such as 8K/60Hz pass-through or upscaling, various HDR format support including HDR10, HDR10+, Dolby Vision, Hybrid Log-Gamma (HLG) and Dynamic HDR, as well as the latest gaming technologies such as 4K/120Hz pass-through, Variable Refresh Rate (VRR) and Auto Low Latency Mode (ALLM).
Enjoy your extensive music collection with support for Hi-Res formats, a front-panel USB and phono stage to connect your turntable. Stream music from leading music services and control the NR1711 with voice control compatibility via Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant and Apple Siri. Enjoy the most musical performance from a compact, slim chassis. At half the height of a traditional AV receiver, the NR1711 delivers the musical sound that is synonymous with Marantz.
A Closer Look At The NR1711 Home Theatre Receiver
Featuring a high-current discrete power amplifier section, the NR1711 lets you enjoy exceptional sound for movies and music. It features identical power on all seven channels at 50W per channel (8-ohm, 20Hz – 20kHz, 0.08% THD, 2ch. drive) with low-impedance drive capability for superb speaker control. Auto Eco Mode adjusts power output to speakers based on volume level and on-screen eco meter, delivering power consumption reduction in real-time without sacrificing superb Marantz sound. With advanced 8K HDMI connectivity the Marantz NR1711 includes six HDMI inputs and one output for all your favourite sources. In addition to 8K upscaling, all six HDMI inputs support Dolby Vision, HLG, HDR10, 4:4:4 Pure Color sub-sampling, 21:9 video, BT.2020 pass-through and current HDCP 2.3 copy-protection are standard. One dedicated 8K HDMI input delivers the latest HDMI specifications, taking your home entertainment to the next level. Enjoy movies in crystal-clear 8K/60Hz picture quality with outstanding clarity and contrast with all of today’s HDR video formats like HDR10+ and Dynamic HDR. The new Marantz NR1711 also provides the best lag-free gaming experience with 4K/120Hz pass-through, ALLM, VRR, and QFT support.
Transform your home cinema experience with immersive surround sound. The NR1711 supports Dolby Atmos®, Dolby Atmos Height Virtualisation Technology, DTS:X® and DTS Virtual:X™. Feel every dimension with Dolby Atmos®. Enjoy a 5.1 surround sound speaker system and two additional overhead speakers or two Dolby Atmos elevation speakers for the ultimate home theatre experience — including Dolby Surround upmixer for legacy content. For those without in-ceiling or upward firing speakers in their system, Dolby Atmos Height Virtualisation Technology simulates the Atmos experience with forward-facing drivers. Configure up to five speakers to replicate the effect of two in-ceiling speakers or utilise all seven channels to simulate the powerful effect of four overhead speakers. DTS:X® immersive audio content places sound where it would naturally occur in space, creating life-like, multi-dimensional audio. The included spatial remapping engine of DTS Neural:X™ offers improved immersion and heightened realism in all your favourite movies while DTS Virtual:X™ provides immersive audio without height channels, creating virtual height effects in a 7.1, 5.1 or 2.1 speaker arrangement. The new NR1711 delivers the highest quality gaming to date. Experience gaming with 4K/120Hz pass-through, as well as Variable Refresh Rate (VRR), Quick Frame Transport (QFT), and Auto Low Latency Mode (ALLM), which reduces or eliminates lag and frame tearing for smoother, lag-free enjoyment.
Control the NR1711 hands-free with just your voice and Amazon Alexa. Adjust the volume, skip to the next track, switch inputs for your different media players and more — “Just Ask.” Download the HEOS Home Entertainment Skill to enable Amazon Alexa voice commands for your NR1711, HEOS devices and other select Marantz products. Ask the Google Home, Google app, or other devices with Google Assistant built-in to control content across your listening environment. Start music in the HEOS app, then ask your Google Assistant to control volume, play, pause, skip tracks and more. With Apple AirPlay 2 built-in you can stream audio from music services like Apple Music and Spotify or watch videos from services like YouTube and Netflix from any iPhone, iPad, Mac or Apple TV. Hear the audio perfectly synced to your speakers from AirPlay 2 sources. For multi-room audio, wirelessly stream content to multiple AirPlay 2 compatible devices simultaneously with improved audio buffering to ensure smooth audio playback. AirPlay 2 provides control and grouping of compatible audio devices within the Apple Music or Home app. Use AirPlay 2 in-app or with your voice via Siri.
Stream the most popular music services — like Spotify, TIDAL and many more — via Bluetooth, AirPlay 2 or the HEOS app. Utilise HEOS® Built-in multi-room streaming or AirPlay 2 technology to enjoy your music in any room of your home for a wireless, whole-home audio experience. Play the same song in every room or select a different song in each connected room — the choice is yours. As an optional configuration, you can also enjoy 5.2 channel surround sound in your home theatre and simultaneously play stereo sound from another source in a separate room. Simply connect a pair of speakers to the multi-room amplified outputs or hook up an additional stereo amp and speakers to the Zone 2 pre-outs.
With Hi-Res audio support you can enjoy music exactly as the artist intended. The NR1711 decodes Hi-Res Audio ALAC, FLAC and WAV lossless files up to 24-bit/192-kHz, as well as DSD 2.8MHz and 5.6MHz tracks (the audiophile format of SACD). Listen to your music via the front panel USB port or over network sources. With advanced reference-class 32-bit AKM AK4458 D/A converters on all channels for optimum fidelity and the widest dynamic range with the lowest distortion. This ensures consistent high-fidelity and precise channel matching across all channels for the ultimate listening experience. And the folks who love their records haven’t been forgotten. The phono input allows you to easily connect your analogue turntable to the receiver and enjoy the pure intent of each recording within your vinyl collection. The built-in phono preamp is of very high quality and rivals or even surpasses the performance of standalone units.
Multi-Source, Multi-Room Music. With the ability to do multi-source, multi-room you can enjoy 7.1 channel surround sound in your home theatre and simultaneously play stereo sound from the same source or another source in a separate room. Simply connect a pair of speakers to the multi-room amplified outputs or hook-up an additional stereo amp and speakers to the Zone 2 pre-outs. And with All Zone TV Audio you can share the main zone TV audio in the second zone without losing fully discrete multi-channel playback in the main zone.
Bluetooth Audio. Bluetooth Audio Transmission is a terrific innovation that allows you to watch the latest movie or listen to your favourite tunes without waking the house. The NR1711 even lets you play the audio on both Bluetooth headphones and connected speakers simultaneously. If you have a family member or a friend who is hearing impaired, this is a great option to improve dialogue without raising the overall volume.
Roon Tested. The latest Marantz AV receivers are now Roon Tested including the NR1711. Get more out of your digital music library with searchable, surfable information about your favourite artists and songs. Find lyrics, concert dates, photos, bios, reviews and more.
Audyssey MultEQ XT32. Optimise your audio experience with Audyssey MultEQ XT32 for seamless setup of your listening environment. With the supplied measurement microphone, MultEQ XT32 analyses each speaker's output (including the subwoofers) at up to eight measurement locations and generates precision digital filters that optimise each channel for the correct frequency and time domain response. Audyssey Dynamic Volume smooths out disruptive jumps in volume (such as TV commercials), letting you listen at lower levels while still enjoying clear dialogue, music and sound. Audyssey Dynamic EQ provides full-range clarity at any listening level, and Audyssey Low Frequency Containment uses advanced psychoacoustic algorithms to deliver more full-range balance, including deep bass, without disturbing neighbours or people in other rooms of your home. Audyssey Sub EQ HT provides individual DSP tailoring of each subwoofer in a dual subwoofer setup for deeper bass with improved definition.
Remote App. The Marantz AVR Remote app for iOS and Android provides complete control over the latest Marantz network AV receivers. Use it to power on/off, adjust volume, input and settings, or switch instantly to the HEOS® Built-in app.
It all began in the 1950's with a man - a technician named Saul Marantz. More than any other person, Saul Marantz defined premium home entertainment. Driven by his passion for music and his accomplishments as a classical guitarist – accomplishments that led to a close friendship with Andres Segovia – he was never satisfied with the “hi fi” equipment of his day. So he built better; first in his basement, later in a factory. His talent for industrial design and his ability to infuse talented engineers all insured that his company would remain a premiere name in the industry he helped establish.
The team at Marantz continues to be passionate about music and the products they manufacture - a history spanning close to 70 years. With their receivers, amplifiers, CD players, turntables, and other components, they strive to reproduce the magic of the original performance — just as the artist intended. And the parent company has solid commercial backing so you can have confidence they are around for the long haul. Marantz has one simple philosophy and slogan: "because music matters." If you can relate to this ethic, then you're almost home!
Our Take On The Marantz NR1711 Home Theatre Receiver
Even though it's rated at an understated 50 Watts per channel - Marantz hold to the real full-power specification rather than the more popular brochure-specification trend - the NR1711's high-quality amplification is a great match for most small to medium room sizes, speakers and listening preferences. Klipsch speakers - either floorstanding or bookshelf models - would be a good match because they are high-efficient designs making them very amplifier-friendly. Of course now that all Marantz receivers have built-in HEOS multi-room audio technology it is very affordable and easy to expand your music into other rooms. Another area where this receiver excels is with the Marantz setup assistant which guides you through all your connections and settings right out of the box. Just connect your TV with a single HDMI cable and you'll be ready to get started. The free Marantz Remote app for your Apple or Android device makes operation very easy. The 8K Marantz NR1711 has all the latest surround sound decoding to deliver the master-quality sound that is expected today of any AV Receiver worth its salt.
Main Features & Specifications
- Design: 7.2 Channel Home Theatre Receiver
- Power Output
- 50 Watts per channel into 8 ohms (20-20kHz) at 0.08% THD, with 2 channels driven
- 70 Watts per channel into 6 ohms (1000Hz) at 0.7% THD, with 2 channels driven
- Note: Rated Power Output will drop when more speakers are connected
- Dolby® & DTS® Surround Sound Decoding
- Dolby Atmos® processing for use with in-ceiling or "height" speakers for more enveloping home theatre sound
- Dolby Atmos Height Virtualisation and DTS Virtual:X® create three-dimensional effects without height speakers
- Upscales standard-definition video signals to HD and Ultra HD (up to 8K) for each HDMI input
- Certified ‘Roon Tested’ for greater music playback versatility
- Audyssey Speaker Calibration & System Optimisation
- MultEQ® XT auto setup and room calibration delivers balanced, dynamic sound with enhanced surround performance
- Dynamic Volume anticipates loud sounds to keep volume levels even
- Dynamic EQ improves dialogue, bass response, and surround channel levels at lower volumes
- Audyssey MultEQ Editor App for further audio customisation (paid app; not included)
Digital Music Options
- Built-in Wi-Fi: Enjoy music from a networked PC, free Internet radio and music services
- HEOS Built-in technology wirelessly connects compatible HEOS components for whole home audio
- Includes support for Tidal®, and Spotify® (subscription required for some services)
- Free HEOS app offers easy Wi-Fi control, settings adjustments, and music selection and playback
- Works with Amazon Alexa and Google Home voice control assistants
- Apple AirPlay 2 lets you stream directly from an iPhone® or iPad® and ask Siri to play Apple Music®
- Supports multi-room audio with compatible wireless speakers
- Built-in Bluetooth for wireless music listening with smartphones, tablets, and compatible computers
- Bluetooth transmission for sending audio from the receiver to Bluetooth-enabled headphones
- Play audio through Bluetooth headphones only, or through Bluetooth headphones and connected speakers simultaneously
- Plays high-resolution digital music files via USB storage device or a networked computer (PCM up to 24-bit/192kHz resolution; DSD up to 5.6 MHz)
- Dual Zone/Dual Source output
- Amp assign function lets you use the surround back speaker outputs in different configurations like bi-amping the front speakers, or for use in Zone 2
- Using powered 2nd-room output allows 5.2-channel sound in main room
- All Zone Stereo mode ensures that both zones stay in sync when playing the same source
- All Zone TV Audio lets you play surround sound in your main room and downmixed stereo in your 2nd room
- Supports both analogue and digital audio connections
- Zone 2 compatible audio sources: HDMI audio, optical/coaxial digital inputs, analogue audio inputs, AM/FM tuner, USB, Bluetooth, and HEOS music apps
- Please Note: You cannot select different USB/Bluetooth/network sources for each zone
- HDMI 2.1 Audio/Video Switching: 6 in, 1 out
- 1 input and output support 8K/60Hz and 4K/120Hz video
- All HDMI connections support 4K/60Hz video
- HDCP 2.3 technology ensures compatibility with Ultra HD sources and TVs
- HDR-compatible for extended picture contrast and brightness with compatible TVs and HDR-encoded content
- Supports HDR10, HDR10+, Dolby Vision™, and HLG (Hybrid Log-Gamma)
- Gaming-optimised video processing technologies for a smooth, lag-free gaming experience
- Variable Refresh Rate (VRR), Auto Low Latency Mode (ALLM), and Quick Frame Transport (QFT) reduce or eliminate lag and frame tearing
- Supports ARC (Audio Return Channel) and eARC (Enhanced Audio Return Channel)
- eARC receives uncompressed surround sound signals including Dolby Atmos and DTS:X via the HDMI connection with your compatible TV
- Component Video Switching: 2 in, 1 out
- Composite Video Switching: 3 in, 1 out
- Digital Audio Inputs: 1 Toslink optical, 1 coaxial
- Analogue Inputs: 3 analogue stereo RCA audio inputs
- Phono Input: MM (moving magnet) phono input for connecting a turntable
- Subwoofer Outputs: Two line-level subwoofer outputs (each output carries the same signal)
- USB Connection: Front-panel USB port for audio playback from USB flash drives
- Ethernet Port: For hard wired network connection
- Speaker Outputs: Connect up to for 7 speakers (Front L/R, Centre, Surround L/R, Surround Back)
- Speaker Wire Terminals: Will accept bare wire (not recommended) or banana plugs
- IR (infrared) Remote Connection: For use with optional third-party controller
- 12-volt Trigger Output: Yes
- Full-Sized Headphone Jack: Yes
- Power Cable: Supplied with basic IEC cable - Click here to see upgrade options
- Free Marantz AVR Remote app lets you use your Apple® or Android™ device as a Wi-Fi remote
- Setup Assistant guides you through the initial connection process and settings
- HDMI standby pass-through allows HDMI switching without powering up receiver
- AM/FM Tuner: Performance is subject to signal strength which varies according to the distance from the transmitter. Use Internet radio if necessary.
- Remote Control: Marantz system type remote control included
- What’s In The Box: 7.2ch AV receiver, 1.8m AC power cord, remote control (RC042SR), 2 ‘AAA’ batteries, Sound calibration microphone (ACM1HB), 2 WiFi/Bluetooth antennas, FM wire antenna, AM loop antenna, cardboard microphone stand, Quick Start Guide & various other documentation
- Dimensions (WxHxD): 440 x 105 x 378mm (440 x 173 x 378mm with Bluetooth and Wi-Fi antennas raised)
- Weight: 8.3kg
- Shipping Weight: 10.5
- Manufacturer's Warranty: 3 Years
Note: Features & Specifications Subject To Change Without Notice. E&OE