Marantz NR1510 Home Theatre Receiver
Why Are So Many Items Out Of Stock? A worldwide microchip shortage and other pandemic-related challenges have slowed the supply of products in many industries. We are working with all our brands to replenish stock and fill backorders asap. We currently have no information on when we can expect this item, but as soon as we do, we will update the ETA on our website. Thank you for your patience and for shopping at Audio Trends.
Dolby And DTS Surround Sound, Built-In Wi-Fi. Stream Internet Radio
Built-In HEOS Music Streaming Technology To Create A Multi-Room Sound System
Punchy 50 Watts Per Channel Output, Phono Input Built-In
About Marantz NR1510 Home Theatre Receiver
The Marantz NR1510 home theatre receiver is a nice slim size that will fit comfortably on just about any shelf or cabinet, measuring only half the height of most surround sound receivers which are often quite 'empty' inside. I suppose it's a bit of a 'male' thing where we think bigger is better! Yet even though it is a sexy, slim design, the '1510 is still a full-featured model with all the latest bells and whistles. It also includes Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity, 4K upscaling for the latest Ultra HD TVs, multi-room audio capability, plenty of connections, and digital music choices galore making this an excellent choice for small to medium-sized home theatre systems.
The Marantz NR1510 uses a high-current, discrete power amplifier for each of its five channels. So while 50 watts per channel may not sound like a lot on paper, this receiver has plenty of horsepower to drive most small- to medium-sized speakers with ease. You'll undoubtedly use your new receiver to play your favourite music in addition to watching TV and movies and the NR1510 lets you stream tunes from your phone or tablet through Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and even Apple® AirPlay®. Love spinning vinyl? This beautiful slimline designed receiver has a built-in phono input for a compatible turntable. And if you've carefully curated an awesome music library, you can play high-resolution tracks from a USB drive or networked computer. Wow! But read on because there's more.
Surround Sound: Enjoy a full and emmersive sound experience with Dolby Digital; Dolby Digital Plus; Dolby True HD; as well as DTS; DTS 96/24; DTS-HD Master Audio, DTS-HD High-Resolution and DTS Express. These are the tried and tested formats that are the foundation of the contemporary home entertainment system. The receiver also offers HDR Compatibility. HDR provides enhanced picture quality by simultaneously enabling greater detail for both the dark and bright parts of an image. HDR reproduces a greater dynamic range of luminosity or brightness levels, creating greater contrast. This increased contrast reveals the subtle nuances of the image, from detailed blacks and shadows to the brightest whites and colours, plus greater depth. The receiver supports HDR 10, Dolby Vision, and HLG (via future firmware update) or Hybrid-Log Gamma. This is primarily designed for live video feed and over-the-air broadcasts. It uses no pre-encoded metadata and is backwards compatible with SDR. HLG's native compatibility allows much of today's existing SDR infrastructure to be re-used for HDR in the future. Unlike HDR 10 which contains static metadata and HLG which uses no metadata, Dolby Vision utilises dynamic metadata which adjusts brightness, colour and contrast automatically for each scene. Dynamic metadata carries information that maps every image to your TV's display capabilities, so you see more of what the content creator intended. Dolby Vision supports 12-bit color and 10,000 nits - and not the sort you are probably now thinking about!
Enjoy All Your Digital Music: If much of your music listening takes place in the digital domain, you'll be impressed with the NR1510's many options. Built-in Wi-Fi makes it easy to connect to your home network wirelessly. From there, you can play music wirelessly from networked computers and storage drives. Apple's exciting AirPlay technology lets you access your favourite music from your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or your iTunes library on your computer with the '1510 receiver. You'll be able to control iTunes and see music information, including your album art, track titles and artist info on your compatible Apple device or on your TV. Or connect your iPod or iPhone to the front-panel USB port. Android users will appreciate Bluetooth connectivity, so they're not left out of the smartphone and tablet fun. Spotify subscribers can listen to their favourite playlists or stations. Plus, there's built-in support for Pandora and hundreds of free online radio streams. Into high-resolution music? The NR1510 can play files with resolution up to 24-bit/192kHz resolution as well as DSD files.
Multi-Room Music With Built-In HEOS Technology
Now you can enjoy your music anywhere in your home and it is no longer difficult or expensive to do. With built-in HEOS technology, the NR1510 can be easily integrated into a superb wireless multi-room audio system. Stream music to any of the various HEOS wireless speakers in different rooms and control each room's speakers independently with the free HEOS app. The HEOS app for Apple & Android lets you control playback, browse music sources, and select which rooms you want to use. Play the same music throughout your home, or listen to something different in each room. You can play music from your own personal library, internet radio, and popular streaming services like Pandora, Spotify and Tidal, just to name a few.
HEOS Account: Prior to using the HEOS system, you'll need to setup up your free HEOS account. Your HEOS account remembers all your settings and preferences such as all your music service logins and HEOS playlists. When you'd like to add multiple smartphone or tablet controllers to your system, you only need to sign in to each new device with your HEOS user name and password. Instantly all your music services and HEOS playlists are available in the new controller too. If you prefer, multiple HEOS accounts are supported in a single household. This way, each family member can enjoy their own personalized Pandora, Spotify, or other online music account settings and still share all the same speakers in the home..
4K Pass-Through And Upscaling: The 4K revolution is now well and truly here. The Receiver's HDMI 2.0 connections are optimised to deliver the latest 4K content. You may not own a 4K TV yet, but it's a good idea to make sure your next receiver is 4K compatible. The NR1510 not only passes through 4K signals to your compatible HDTV, but it can also upscale lower-resolution signals to 4K as well as 1080p. This ensures you'll get crisp, clear picture quality with all your video sources.
Audyssey MultEQ For Simple Set-Up: Via the supplied measuring microphone and mic stand, Audyssey MultEQ measures all the speakers in your home theatre during setup, including the subwoofer, and then generates multiple high precision DSP room acoustic correction filters, together providing the smoothest, most natural tonal balance – regardless of the brand(s) or model(s) of speaker. Audyssey Dynamic EQ features advanced psycho-acoustic processing to deliver full range clear-dialogue and wide-band response, even at reduced volume levels, delivering cinema-level clarity whatever listening level you choose, while Audyssey Dynamic Volume avoids nasty shocks when what you're watching switches from content to commercials or announcements, creating an easier listening experience.
The Marantz 1510 – What’s New?
Bluetooth to Headphones: Enjoy your Marantz Audio from your Bluetooth Headphones! With this update the Marantz NR1510 will be able to transmit audio straight to your Bluetooth headphones via Bluetooth Transmission.
HDMI Automatic Source Input Renaming: This new features changes the source devices model number automatically. For example it changes the source 'Media Player' to ‘Apple TV’ Automatically. No need to be confused or to manually change the source input name.
HDMI & Digital Input Multiple Assign: Also referred to as ‘Sports Bar Mode’, this new mode enables you to assign one HDMI to more than one input, then listen to the audio from an optical or analogue input while watching the HDMI image. For example, you can watch Foxtel while listening to music from Apple TV or a Turntable.
It all began in the 1950's with a man - a technician named Saul Marantz. More than any other person, Saul Marantz defined premium home entertainment. Driven by his passion for music and his accomplishments as a classical guitarist – accomplishments that led to a close friendship with Andres Segovia – he was never satisfied with the “hi fi” equipment of his day. So he built better; first in his basement, later in a factory. His talent for industrial design and his ability to infuse talented engineers all insured that his company would remain a premiere name in the industry he helped establish.
The team at Marantz continues to be passionate about music and the products they manufacture - a history spanning close to 70 years. With their receivers, amplifiers, CD players, turntables, and other components, they strive to reproduce the magic of the original performance — just as the artist intended. And the parent company has solid commercial backing so you can have confidence they are around for the long haul. Marantz has one simple philosophy and slogan: "because music matters." If you can relate to this ethic, then you're almost home!
Our Take On The Marantz NR1510 Home Theatre Receiver
Even though it's rated at an understated 50 Watts per channel in stereo mode - Marantz hold to the real full-power specification rather than the more popular brochure-specification trend - the NR1510's high-quality amplification is a great match for most small to medium room sizes and listening preferences. However, choice of speakers will be important. We would recommend speakers that are an 'efficient' design and not going to cause the amplifier to go into 'clipping' which can damage the speakers. Klipsch would be a good place to start as they have always pushed this barrow and do a darn good job in the process. If you are unfamiliar with these terms, please talk to us and we will be happy to explain.
Another area where this receiver excels is with the Marantz setup assistant which guides you through all your connections and settings right out of the box. Just connect your TV with a single HDMI cable and you'll be ready to get started. The free Marantz Remote app for your Apple or Android device makes operation very easy. The NR1510 has all the latest surround sound decoding to deliver the master-quality sound that comes with the majority of today's Blu-ray discs.
Main Features & Specifications
- Design: 5.2 Channel Home Theatre Receiver
- Power Output: 50 Watts per channel into 8 Ohms (20-20kHz) at 0.08% THD, with 2 channels driven
- 85 Watts per channel into 6 ohms (1kHz) at 0.7% THD, with 2 channels driven
- Processing: Dolby TrueHD, DTS-HD Master Audio, Dolby Digital Plus, DTS-HD High Resolution Audio, Pro Logic IIz and DTS Neo:6
- Video Upconversion: One HDMI cable (up to 1080p and 4K) for analogue and HDMI sources
- HEOS Technology: Built-in HEOS technology wirelessly connects compatible HEOS components for whole home audio
- Free HEOS app offers easy Wi-Fi control, settings adjustments, and music selection and playback
- Audyssey MultEQ speaker calibration and system optimisation includes
- Six-point auto setup and room calibration system (microphone included)
- Dynamic Volume mode to keep listening levels steady
- Dynamic EQ for fuller sound at lower listening levels
Digital Music Options
- Wi-Fi: With built-in Wi-Fi enjoy music from a networked PC, free Internet radio and music services
- Includes support for Pandora and free Internet radio streams with vTuner (subscription required for some services)
- Spotify Connect lets you play Spotify's streaming music library through the receiver via your smartphone or tablet (requires Spotify app and a premium subscription)
- Built-in Apple AirPlay: Makes for ultra-convenient iTunes music playback
- Direct Digital Connection: Connect your iPod/iPhone via the front-panel USB port
- Bypasses your player's digital-to-analogue converter (DAC) for better sound
- Hi-Res Playback: Plays high-resolution digital music files via USB storage device or a networked computer (PCM up to 24-bit/192kHz resolution; DSD up to 5.6 MHz)
- Ethernet Port: Stream your music from a wired PC network, and control via a PC
- M-DAX2 (Marantz Dynamic Audio eXpander) for better sound from MP3s and other digital music files
- DLNA (Digital Living Network Alliance): The Receiver is certified to ensure optimal compatibility with other network-enabled equipment
- HDMI 2.0b Audio/Video Switching: 6 x Inputs (Includes 1 x front-panel input), 1 x output
- HDCP 2.2 technology ensures compatibility with 4K Ultra HD sources and TVs (all HDMI inputs and monitor output)
- HDR-compatible for extended picture contrast and brightness with compatible 4K TVs and HDR-encoded content
- Audio Return Channel: This function receives digital audio signals from a compatible HDTV's tuner via HDMI
- Composite Video Switching: 3 inputs, 1 output)
- Digital Audio Inputs: 1 x Optical and 1 x Coaxial
- Pre-Amplifier Output: 1 x stereo pair
- Turntable Input: Integrated phono input to directly connect to your turntable
- Speaker Outputs: 2 x Front Speaker outputs; 1 x Centre Speaker output; 2 x Surround Speaker outputs
- Subwoofer Outputs: 2
- Speaker Terminals: Use banana plugs or bare wire to connect your speakers
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth output to headphones
- Supports all voice control agents
- On-Screen Display: Intuitive, full colour and makes for easier system setup and operation
- Setup Wizard: Guides you through the initial connection process and settings
- Sleep Timer
- Tuner: AM/FM with 56 AM/FM presets - far too many!
- Remote Control: System remote included
- Free Marantz remote app lets you use your smart device as a Wi-Fi remote
- Dimensions (WxHxD) 440 x 105 x 378mm
- Nett Weight: 8.2kg
- Warranty: 3 Years
Note: Features & Specifications Subject To Change Without Notice. E&OE