Marantz AV7706 Pre-Amplifier/Processor
Why Are So Many Items Out Of Stock? A worldwide microchip shortage and other pandemic-related challenges have slowed the supply of products in many industries. We are working with all our brands to replenish stock and fill backorders asap. The ETA listed is currently the best advice we have and may be subject to change as we receive updates. At this time the supplier of this product does not permit it to be sold online. Please contact us for purchasing options. Thank you for your patience and for shopping at Audio Trends.
8K Processing, Advanced Gaming Support, Voice Control
11.2 Channel RCA & Balanced XLR Audio Outputs
Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, AirPlay, Plus Support For Spotify & Internet Radio
Built-In HEOS Multi-Room Music Streaming With Compatible Components
About The Marantz AV7706 Preamp Processor
The Marantz AV7706 works seamlessly with the latest TVs, Projectors and Blu-ray players with the ability to handle high resolution 4K and even 8K video with ease. Dolby Atmos and DTS:X put you in the middle of the action with realistic, multi-dimensional surround sound. Stream music from different sources and enjoy high-resolution music in your living room, or in any room of your house, thanks to built-in HEOS technology.
Full wireless connectivity is provided by both Wi-Fi and Bluetooth. Apple's Airplay is supported for simple wireless music streaming. High resolution audio formats and playback are fully supported for incredible fidelity. There is even a Phono MM input - ideal for those precious vinyls.
Equipped with the full Audyssey Platinum suite of advanced DSP algorithms, the AV7706 features Audyssey MultEQ XT32 automatic room acoustic correction. With the supplied measurement microphone, MultEQ XT32 analyzes each speaker's output (including the subwoofers) at up to 8 measurement locations and generates precision digital filters that optimize each channel for the correct frequency and time domain response. Additionally, Audyssey Dynamic Volume smooths out annoying jumps in volume (such as TV commercials), letting you listen at lower levels and still enjoy clear dialogue, music and sound effects. Audyssey Dynamic EQ provides precision tonal tailoring for full range clarity at any listening level.
Marantz AV7706 Updates
The AV7706 adds a number of new features that will appeal to movie enthusiasts and gamers alike. Of course the headline act is video signal passthrough and upscaling up to 8K 50/60Hz and 4K 100/120Hz 4:4:4 making it as future proof as these things get at the moment. There is now also support for Dolby Atmos height virtualization which means you don’t need actual height speakers to experience height sound, pretty cool. New standards supported are HDR10+, Dynamic HDR, QMS, VRR & QFT, all of which are expanded on below. HDCP 2.3 makes an appearance and Bluetooth has been upgraded from version 3.0 to 4.2.
The Marantz AV7706 Preamplifier Benefits
Since the beginning of our quest to enjoy music at home, it was common audiophile practice to separate pre-amplifier and power amplifier sections allowing consumers to choose different combinations of power and pre-amplifier. However, there was and still is another huge benefit. Not only can power supplies and circuit layouts be optimised for their specific purposes, but removing the internal amplification allows all the design and engineering under the lid to be dedicated to producing the purest possible sound, and thus avoid any possible interference from powerful amplifier sections creeping into the delicate digital and analogue signal sections. Delegating the amplification duties to a separate component allows the AV7706 AV preamplifier to keep a healthy distance between noise-inducing high voltage/high current circuits and sensitive low-level circuits. This means that the radio frequency and electromagnetic interferences that are found in most AV receivers simply don't exist in a preamplifier/processor, or are reduced by several orders of magnitude. The result is less distortion and less signal degradation in general. The AV7706 features both balanced (XLR) and unbalanced (RCA) preamp outputs.
11.2 Channel Balanced XLR Preouts: If your power amplifier is equipped with balanced XLR inputs, then use the AV7706's balanced XLR preouts. The AV7706's 11.2 channel balanced XLR preouts consist of Front L/R, Centre, Surround L/R, Surround Back L/R, Height 1 L/R, Height 2 L/R, Subwoofer 1 and Subwoofer 2. Balanced connections guard against induced noise and allow long cable runs without compromising sound quality.
11.2 Channel Unbalanced RCA Preouts: If your power amplifier is not equipped with balanced XLR inputs and only offer unbalanced RCA inputs, then use the AV7706's unbalanced RCA preouts. The AV7706's unbalanced RCA preouts consist of Front L/R, Centre, Surround L/R, Surround Back L/R, Height 1 L/R, Height 2 L/R, Subwoofer 1 and Subwoofer 2.
Note: The Marantz AV7706 AV Surround Preamplifier does not feature a built-in amplifier and requires a separate power amplifier, such as the Marantz MM8077 seven-channel power amplifier (sold separately).
Surround Yourself With The Ultimate Audio Experience
Dolby Atmos & Dolby Atmos Height Virtualization Technology: Feel every dimension in Dolby Atmos with up to 7.1.4 configuration. Enjoy a 5.1 or 7.1 surround sound speaker system and up to four additional overhead speakers or four Dolby Atmos enabled up-firing speakers for the ultimate home theatre experience - including Dolby Surround upmixer for legacy content. For those without in-ceiling speakers, Dolby Atmos Height Virtualization Technology leverages Dolby’s deep understanding of human audio perception to create the sensation of overhead sound from listener-level speakers.
DTS:X & DTS Virtual:X: DTS:X immersive audio content places sound where it would naturally occur in space, creating life-like, multi-dimensional audio. The included spatial remapping engine of DTS Neural:X offers improved immersion and heightened realism for all your favourite movies. DTS Virtual:X provides immersive audio without height channels, creating virtual height effects in a 7.1, 5.1 or 2.1 speaker arrangement.
Advanced 8K HDMI Video Section: Enjoy your favourite movies, shows and games with the best picture quality available. The AV7706 features an advanced HDMI section (8 in/3 out) with a dedicated 8K input that will support 8K/60Hz and 4K/120Hz video pass-through. All HDMI inputs feature 4:4:4 Pure Colour sub sampling, HDR10+, Dolby Vision, Hybrid Log-Gamma (HLG), and BT.2020 pass-through support for exceptional colour, clarity and contrast. Enjoy 8K upscaling as well as HDCP 2.3 processing to play copy-protected content uninhibited.
Brilliant Colour – Universal Compatibility, HDR10+, Dynamic HDR: The AV7706 supports High Dynamic Range video formats, HDR10, Dolby Vision and HLG (Hybrid Log Gamma). Dolby Vision transforms the viewing experiences with astonishing brightness, contrast, and colour. HLG offers HDR technology over broadcast content for a crisper, cleaner image. The AV7706 also supports HDR10+, which sends dynamic meta data to TV for more realistic images, as well as Dynamic HDR.
The Latest Technology in Movie Experiences: With the AV7706, enjoy all your entertainment with the latest technology available and watch your movies in unrivalled clarity. Enjoy your movies in 8K with 8K/60Hz pass-through and upscaling, as well the latest in AV receiver technology like Dynamic HDR and Quick Media Switching (QMS), which is used in movies to eliminate video delay.
The Next Generation in Gaming: With the AV7706, take your gaming to the next level. Game with 8K/120Hz pass-through, as well as Variable Refresh Rate (VRR), Quick Frame Transport (QFT), and Auto Low Latency Mode (ALLM), which reduces or eliminates lag and frame tearing to offer a smoother, lag-free gaming experience.
Other Outstanding Features Of The Marantz AV7706
Supports Major Voice Control Agents: Enjoy effortless voice control and total flexibility from the leading voice agents. Speak commands with Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant and Apple Siri. Ask to play your favourite music, turn the volume up, skip to the next track, switch inputs and more. Switch between voice agents or pick a favourite to use - you’re in control. (Functionality and availability vary by voice agent and an external Voice Control device may be required)
Built-in Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, & AirPlay Capability: Featuring Bluetooth & Wi-Fi wireless streaming connectivity, the AV7706 is equipped with an advanced dual antenna transceiver system, for robust streaming even in congested urban environments. With Apple's AirPlay compatibility, you can enjoy listing to your favourite tracks wirelessly from your favourite iOS device such as iPhone and iPad.
Bluetooth Audio Transmission: Watch the latest movie or listen to music without waking the house. Listen to the audio on Bluetooth-connected headphones wirelessly and main speakers off, not to disturb anyone around you. The AV7706 allows you as well to play audio on both Bluetooth headphones and connected speakers simultaneously. If you have a family member or a friend who is hearing impaired, this is a great option to enjoy a movie together without raising the overall volume.
Advanced 32-bit D/A Conversion On All Channels: For optimum fidelity and the widest dynamic range with lowest distortion, the AV7706 features advanced reference-class 32-bit AKM D/A converters on all channels. This ensures consistent high fidelity and precise channel matching across all channels for the ultimate listening experience.
Advanced Audyssey MultEQ XT32: Equipped with the flagship Audyssey suite of features, the AV7706 features Audyssey MultEQ XT32 automatic room acoustic correction using advanced DSP algorithms. With the supplied measurement microphone, it analyses the output of each speaker (including the subwoofers) at up to 8 measurement locations, then generates precision digital filters that optimize each channel for the best possible sound. Audyssey Dynamic Volume smooths out annoying jumps in volume (such as TV commercials), letting you listen at lower levels while still enjoying clear dialogue, music and sound effects, while Audyssey Dynamic EQ provides full-range clarity at any listening level. Audyssey Low Frequency Containment uses advanced psychoacoustic algorithms to deliver a full-range balance, including deep bass, but without disturbing close-by neighbours or those in other rooms, and features a multi-step adjustment. Audyssey Sub EQ HT provides individual DSP tailoring of each subwoofer in a dual subwoofer setup, allowing deeper bass with improved definition when compared to a single subwoofer configuration.
External Control Capabilities: The AV7706 has a range of features to provide enhanced control and compatibility with 3rd party and custom integration solutions, including IP control, either via wired LAN connection or Wi-Fi. For compatibility with other components there's a remote control input and output on the rear panel, along with a flasher input and a 12V trigger output, while for direct connection to external home automation and control equipment, there's an RS-232C serial port.
Built-In Heos Technology: Enjoy your music anywhere in your home. This is no longer difficult or expensive to do. With built-in HEOS technology, the AV7706 can be easily integrated into a superb wireless multi-room audio system. Stream music to any of the various HEOS wireless speakers in different rooms and control each room's speakers independently with the free HEOS app. The HEOS app for Apple iOS & Android OS lets you control playback, browse music sources, and select which rooms you want to use. Play the same music throughout your home, or listen to something different in each room. You can play music from your own personal library, internet radio, and popular streaming services like Deezer, Spotify and Tidal, just to name a few.
Our Take On The Marantz AV7706 Preamp Processor
Since the beginning of time separate preamps and power amps have always had a performance edge over an integrated model and the Marantz AV7706 further reinforces this fundamental truth. It is basically a Marantz SR7015 AVR without the power amp section which frees you up to spec in the biggest baddest multi-channel power amps available. One terrific option is combining the Marantz MM8077 7 channel power amp with a couple of MM7025 2 channel power amps to make up the full 11 channel capability. We also have fantastic power amp options from Anthem and Parasound which should also be considered. Happy shopping.
Main Features & Specifications
- Design: Home Theatre Preamp/Processor with 11.2-channel processing
- Supports up to 11 speakers with external power amps (sold separately)
- Marantz's HDAM (Hyper Dynamic Amplifier Modules) circuit boards offer exquisite detail and dynamic range while reducing noise
- Dolby, DTS, and Auro-3D surround sound decoding
- Dolby Atmos processing for use with in-ceiling or "height" speakers for more enveloping home theatre sound
- Dolby Atmos Height Virtualization and DTS Virtual:X create three-dimensional effects without height speakers
- IMAX Enhanced reproduces the full dynamic range of specially encoded IMAX soundtracks from compatible sources
- Analogue-to-HDMI video conversion upscales standard-definition video signals to HD and Ultra HD (up to 8K)
- Audyssey MultEQ XT32 auto setup and room calibration system
Digital & Music Streaming
- Built-in Wi-Fi for listening to music from a networked PC, free internet radio, and music services
- HEOS Built-in technology wirelessly connects compatible HEOS components for whole home audio
- Includes support for Spotify (subscription required for some services)
- Free HEOS app offers easy Wi-Fi control, settings adjustments, and music selection and playback
- Works with Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant voice control assistants
- Apple AirPlay 2 lets you stream directly from an iPhone or iPad and ask Siri to play Apple Music
- Supports multi-room audio with compatible wireless speakers
- Built-in Bluetooth for wireless music listening with smartphones, tablets, and compatible computers
- Plays high-resolution digital music files via USB storage device or a networked computer (PCM up to 24-bit/192kHz resolution; DSD up to 5.6 MHz)
Multi-Room Audio Visual
- Three-room/three-source output
- Multi-zone playback supports both analogue and digital audio connections
- Zone 2 compatible audio sources: HDMI audio, optical/coaxial digital inputs, analogue audio inputs, AM/FM tuner, USB, Bluetooth, and HEOS music apps
- Cannot select different USB/Bluetooth/network sources for each zone
- HDMI dual-zone switching for watching video content from different sources in two zones simultaneously
- HDMI 2.1 audio/video switching: 8 in (includes 1 front-panel input), 3 out
- 1 input and 2 outputs support 8K/60Hz and 4K/120Hz video
- All inputs and outputs support 4K/60Hz video
- HDCP 2.3 technology ensures compatibility with Ultra HD sources and TVs
- HDR-compatible for extended picture contrast and brightness with compatible TVs and HDR-encoded content
- Supports HDR10, HDR10+, Dolby Vision, and HLG
- Gaming-optimized video processing technologies for a smooth, lag-free gaming experience
- Variable Refresh Rate (VRR), Auto Low Latency Mode (ALLM), and Quick Frame Transport (QFT) reduce or eliminate lag and frame tearing
- Supports ARC (Audio Return Channel) and eARC (Enhanced Audio Return Channel)
- eARC receives uncompressed surround sound signals including Dolby Atmos and DTS:X via the HDMI connection with your compatible TV
- MM (moving magnet) phono input for connecting a turntable
- 5 Analogue RCA stereo inputs
- 2 Optical and 2 Coaxial digital audio inputs
- Front-panel Type-A USB input for plugging in a thumb drive
- 7.1-channel preamp inputs
- 11.2-channel preamp outputs, including two discrete line-level subwoofer outputs
- Free Marantz AVR Remote app lets you use your Apple or Android device as a Wi-Fi remote
- Marantz Setup Assistant guides you through the initial connection process and settings
- Dimensions (WxHxD): 440 x 185 x 411mm (247mm high with Wi-Fi antennas raised)
- Weight: 10.4kg
- Manufacturer’s Warranty: 3 years
Note: Features & Specifications Subject To Change Without Notice. E&OE
- Panasonic DP-UB9000Special Price $1,499.00 (Normally Regular Price $1,795.00 )
- Marantz MM7025 Power Amplifier$1,890.00
- Marantz MM7055 Power Amplifier$2,699.00
- Marantz MM8077 Power Amplifier$3,999.00
- REL T/7x SubwooferPriced from $1,999.00
- SVS SB-4000 SubwooferPriced from $3,779.00 (Normally Regular Price $4,199.00 )