Klipsch SPL-150 Subwoofer
Please Note: This product is usually in stock at our supplier's warehouse and can be in our store within 2-3 days, ready for pickup or despatch. At this time the supplier of this product does not permit it to be sold online so please contact us for purchasing options. Thank you for shopping at Audio Trends.
High-Octane 400 Watt RMS Amp To Fill Big Rooms
Massive 380mm (15") Front-Firing Cerametallic Woofer That Delivers Guaranteed Room Shaking Bass
Built-in 400 Watt RMS Amplifier (800 Watts Peak) Plus Optional Wireless Adaptor
About The Klipsch SPL-150 Subwoofer
With its 400-watt amplifier, 15" aluminium cone woofer, and slotted front port, the Klipsch SPL-150 is a bass monster capable of filling even the largest home theatres.
Boom, boom shake the room! The Klipsch SPL-150 features a front-firing 380mm (15") spun-copper Cerametallic woofer that is exceptionally light yet extremely rigid, while providing remarkably low frequency response with minimal cone breakup and distortion. The built-in, high efficiency amplifier features an analogue preamp design, which maintains the original signal path for cleaner, true-to-source reproduction. The Class D output stage ensures maximum efficiency for maximum output, detail, and low frequency power. The built-in 400 Watt RMS (800 Watt Peak) amplifier delivers ample power with high efficiency and true-to-source accuracy in reproduction.
All of this is housed in a durable MDF cabinet and finished with a scratch resistant ultra-durable ebony finish that looks like real wood and covers the entire cabinet. The MDF enclosure is rigid and protects against unwanted vibration and distortion. There is a front-firing slot port with proprietary internal geometry to minimizes port noise for clean undistorted low frequencies. The advantage with this highly efficient enclosure design is that it produces more output using less energy. Additionally, shock-absorbing rubber feet, steel grille posts and a woven cloth grille give the SPL-150 subwoofer a premium look and feel.
The level control, low pass crossover, and phase control allow you to blend the powered subwoofer's low-frequency tones with your system's other speakers, as well as establish the ideal level of bass.
- Level Control: The level control adjusts the subwoofer's volume relative to the rest of your system. After the subwoofers level control has been set, the volume control of your home theatre receiver will be the volume control for both the Klipsch powered subwoofer and your other loudspeakers.
- Low Pass Crossover: The variable lowpass crossover is adjustable from 40-160Hz. The crossover point chosen determines where low bass frequencies are "crossed over" from your system's loudspeakers to the Klipsch SPL-150 subwoofer. Set the crossover point based on the size of your systems' main left/right speakers.
- Phase Control: This control is used to acoustically match the subwoofer's output to your main speakers. Select the position either 0˚ or 180˚ in which your subwoofer has more output at the listening position.
- LFE/RCA Inputs: The Klipsch SPL-150 powered subwoofer is equipped with a pair of line-level RCA-type inputs to connect the sub to your receiver or integrated amplifier.
- LFE Input: Most of today's AV receivers have a line-level subwoofer output (LFE). If your receiver has an LFE output, connect one end of a subwoofer cable (sold separately) to this output and connect the other end of the cable into the powered subwoofer's line-level input labelled "LEFT/LFE". Set the powered sub's built-in crossover to "LFE" with this type of connection.
- Stereo Input: In absence of a subwoofer (LFE) output on your receiver, as an alternative hookup, you can connect Left & Right channel pre-amp outputs from the receiver to both the "Left/LFE" and "Right" inputs on the powered subwoofer.
The Klipsch powered subwoofer is fitted with a proprietary 4-pin "WA-Port" connector for wireless operation, using Klipsch's optional WA-2 wireless subwoofer kit (sold separately). The Klipsch WA-2 wireless subwoofer kit consists of two components; a wireless Transmitter & wireless Receiver. The WA-2 wireless subwoofer kit makes adding the Klipsch powered subwoofer to your home theatre system much easier, because it replaces the need for a separate subwoofer cable that traditionally must be connected between the receiver and the powered sub. Now, you can easily place your powered subwoofer where it both sounds and looks best in the room since you're not restricted by an audio cable. And, you can connect up to four WA-2 wireless kits to compatible Klipsch subwoofers in a single room for a completely wireless connection.
Both the RCA and wireless inputs can be utilized simultaneously, giving you the ability to use a single subwoofer with multiple systems in the same room. For example, you can use the wireless input for your home theatre set up and the RCA input for your 2-channel system, without needing to switch inputs when changing between systems.
LED Indicator: The front-mounted LED power indicator lets you know when the sub is powered on or off. The LED will light green when the powered subwoofer is on and receiving a signal. If the LED is dark and not lit, the powered sub is off.
Auto Power On/Off: The powered subwoofer will automatically turn On when it senses an audio signal. It will automatically go into "Standby mode" after 15-20 minutes with no audio signal. You can also choose to turn the powered sub On or Off manually from the rear-switch on the back.
Placement: Klipsch powered subwoofers are designed to reproduce deep bass and deliver the impact that makes your movies and music come alive. For optimum performance, place your subwoofer in a corner of the room on the same wall as your front channel speakers. Please note that room placement can have a dramatic effect on the performance of your subwoofer. Corner placement, as suggested above, will increase the amount of bass output, while placing the subwoofer along the middle of a wall, or out in the room will decrease the amount of bass output.
Main Features & Specifications
- Power Output: 400 Watt RMS amplifier (800 Watts peak power)
- Driver: 1 x 380mm (15") front-firing Cerametallic cone woofer
- Front Slot Port: Includes internal flare technology for reduced turbulence and flexible installation
- Frequency Response: 18-125 Hz
- Crossover: Variable low-pass
- Phase Switch: Allows you to fine-tune the subwoofer to your main speakers and room
- Inputs: Line level/LFE (low frequency effects) input
- Auto Power On/Off: Switches off after a period of non-use
- Wireless Option: Compatible with the Klipsch WA-2 wireless audio adapter kit for easy connection to a sound system
- Enclosure: Durable MDF cabinet finished with a scratch resistant, ultra-durable ebony finish
- Dimensions (WxHxD): 495 x 546 x 566mm
- Nett Weight: 34.2kg
- Manufacturer's Warranty: 5 years woofer, 2 years amplifier
Note: Features & Specifications Subject To Change Without Notice. E&OE