B&W AM1 Outdoor Speakers (White)
Please Note: This item is usually in stock and ready for despatch. Please note that it may not be on demonstration or available for immediate in-store collection.
Great Sound Indoors Or Outdoors
Weather-Proof And Durable
Easy To Install And Very Flexible
The B&W AM-1 (White) is designed to provide great sound wherever you need it, is weather-proof and is the most durable outdoor loudspeaker Bowers & Wilkins has ever made. But the good news is that it can also be located indoors!
The AM-1 Architectural Monitor offers a unique combination of high-quality sound and supreme flexibility. Articulate, exciting and powerful, AM-1 avoids the compromises commonly associated with versatile, all-weather monitors, and delivers all the performance expected of a Bowers & Wilkins loudspeaker.
A two-way design, the AM-1 features an inverted drive unit configuration, with a 25mm aluminium-dome tweeter mounted below rather than above the 130mm (5.2") glass-fibre bass/midrange driver. This ensures optimal dispersion of sound when the speaker is mounted high on the wall. AM-1’s low-frequency output is bolstered by the use of a rear-mounted auxiliary bass radiator (ABR). Used instead of a conventional bass reflex port, the ABR endows AM-1 with exceptional bass response for a cabinet of its size. Unlike a port, the sealed enclosure also provides AM-1’s cabinet with a continual seal against the elements which is a smart move from B&W. This combination of advanced drive units, unique configuration and classically simple crossover components combines to create a loudspeaker as musical as it is flexible.
The B&W AM-1 has been carefully designed to be easy to install and very flexible. Designed to be positioned in either landscape (horizontal) or portrait (vertical) mode with the provided single point bracket, the AM-1's can be rotated up to 220 degrees. Additionally the AM-1's combine a rust-proof aluminium grille with a rigid cabinet composed of glass-filled plastics, ensuring class-leading resistance to extremes of dust, moisture and UV exposure. And while it has very obvious benefits outside, its discreet styling and impressive performance will also find favour for use internally.
Simply one of the best outdoor speakers money can buy. We have a lot of lower priced outdoor speakers that are also well-made and suit 85% of our customers. However for those where the price is not key but quality and sound performance are more important, then the B&W AM-1 will really satisfy.
Main Features & Specifications
- Design: 2-way outdoor speaker system with Auxiliary Bass Radiator (ABR)
- Technical Features:
- Nautilus tube loaded aluminium dome tweeter
- Glass fibre cone bass/midrange
- Auxiliary Bass Radiator (ABR)
- Drive units:
- 1x 25mm (1") aluminium dome high-frequency
- 1x 130mm (5.2") glass fibre cone bass/midrange
- Frequency Range: -6dB at 46Hz and 50kHz (wall mounted)
- Frequency Response: 51Hz - 22kHz on reference axis (wall mounted)
- Sensitivity: 86dB (2.83V, 1m)
- Total Harmonic Distortion: <1% 200Hz - 20kHz (86dB, 1m)
- Nominal Impedance: 8 Ohms (5.2 Ohms min)
- Recommended Amplifier Power: 20 Watts - 100 Watts into 8 Ohms on unclipped programme power
- Brackets: Included and mounts via a single point which rotates up to 220 degrees
- Dimensions (Includes wall bracket): Height 310mm x Width 180mm x Depth 210mm
- Net Weight 4Kg (8.8lb)
- Finish: White
- Warranty: 5-Years (Covers faulty workmanship and materials, but not abuse).
Note: Features & Specifications Subject To Change Without Notice. E&OE