B&W Marine 8
Peace Of Mind Marine Grade In-Ceiling Speakers
25mm (1”) Tweeter, 200mm (8”) Polypropylene Mid/Bass Driver
IP66 Rating To Survive All The Elements
No Compromise Great B&W Sound
When the going gets tough the B&W Marine 8 In-Ceiling Speakers offer peace of mind. Whether it’s out on the high seas or just around the pool area at home the Marine 8 speakers are designed to take a soaking, extreme heat and cold, shrug it off and keep offering excellent sound no matter the weather or conditions.
Marine 8 is a two-way loudspeaker with a 25mm (1”) tweeter and a 200mm (8”) polypropylene mid/bass driver. It boasts an IP66 rating for incredible ruggedness when installed, and although it is the larger of the Marine loudspeakers it fits into a shallow depth of 93mm (3.7”) with a cut-out of 249mm (9.8”).
See Nothing, Hear Everything: The marine environment is unforgiving. Any equipment has to survive extremes of temperature, salt spray and hosing down. It’s little wonder then that most speakers designed for marine applications sacrifice sound quality for ruggedness.
Of course, any Bowers & Wilkins speaker must sound brilliant. So these marine speakers were first designed to match exacting sound quality standards, then the necessary toughness to survive the harsh marine environment was added. Both models boast IP66 ratings when properly installed, and the metal grille and all screws are marine-grade stainless steel. The driver chassis uses a non-corroding rigid polymer and the tweeter dome has a rear support to prevent permanent deformation when hosed down.
Marine 6 and Marine 8 are super-tough to deal with the most demanding installation environments, with Bowers & Wilkins superior, uncompromising audio quality.
Against The Elements: Whether it gets soaked, sprayed with salt-water or hosed down, Marine 8 is designed to keep on bringing you superb sound.
Built Tough To Sound Strong: With a marine-grade stainless steel chassis and grille, and polypropylene drivers, Marine 8 sounds great even in a storm.
Strength & Power: Marine 8 is designed to survive almost anything, and its big 20cm mid/bass driver ensures a powerful, weighty sound.
Easy Installation: Whether on your boat or in your mud-plugging 4x4, a shallow 93mm mounting depth means Marine 8 fits in almost anywhere.
Main Features & Specifications
- Description 2-way marine grade in-ceiling speakers
- Drive Units
- 1x Ø25mm (1“) soft dome tweeter
- 1x Ø2000mm (8”) polypropylene mid/bass cone
- Frequency Range (-6dB): 36Hz – 26kHz
- Recommended Amplifier Power: 20W – 80W
- Sensitivity: 88dB (2.83V, 1m)
- Nominal Impedance: 8Ω (4Ω minimum)
- Outer diameter: Ø292mm (11.5”)
- Cut-out diameter: Ø253mm (10”)
- Depth behind surface: 93mm (3.7”)
- Protrusion: 8mm (0.3”)
- Net weight: 1.7kg each
- What’s In The Box: Two 2-way in-ceiling speakers, 2 White grilles, Two 76 mm Speaker wires (Quick slide terminals on one end and tinned wire on the other), Installation instructions, Warranty information, Template
- Manufacturer’s Warranty: 5 Years
Note: Features & Specifications Subject To Change Without Notice. E&OE.