Paradigm CI Pro LCR (P1) In-Wall Speaker (Each)
Please Note: This product is usually in stock at our supplier's warehouse and can be in our store within 1-2 days, ready for pickup or despatch. Thank you for shopping at Audio Trends.
2 x 140mm MidRange Frequency Drivers & New X-PAL Tweeter
Left, Centre, Right 3 Driver, 2-Way With Shallow Enclosure
Die Cast Aluminium Chassis With Discreet Paintable Bezel Free Grille
The P1-LCR is part of the CI Pro Series from Paradigm. and features advanced innovative technology. The CI Pro P1-LCR is the smarter choice for customers wanting the architectural look with high-end sound. Installation? No problems. Our custom installation team can do everything for you or your builder.
The Paradigm P1 is the smallest of the LCR speakers in the Pro Series but is still packed with the same quality innovations and smart technology. The CI PRO series is hand crafted in Canada and takes performance to the next level with patented technology, step-up components, and hallmark Paradigm sound quality, plus a new bezel-free micro-perf grille with an incredibly discreet aesthetic.
With new innovation, comes the tricky explanations and tech talk which can be quite baffling to us simple audio lovers. But nevertheless here is some of the clever features that are a part of the Pro Series of speakers to give you the best listening experience possible.
Tweeter Innovation: X-PAL tweeter with exclusive Perforated Phase-Aligning (PPA) Tweeter Lens that protects the delicate pure-aluminium tweeter dome and acts as the Phase Plug, blocking out-of-phase frequencies for smoother, extended high frequencies with incredible detail and higher output. Paradigm’s tweeter designs are cooled by the original ultra-stable Ferrofluid, made exclusively by Ferrotec. Ferrofluid is a colloidal suspension of magnetic Nano particles in a liquid carrier with low volatility and high thermal stability.
Quality Design And Materials: Superior Mineral-Filled Co-Polymer Polypropylene Bass/Midrange Cones Oversized computer-optimised ferrite magnets and high-power motor structures deliver detailed midrange performance with clean, extended bass. That’s a lot of big words but basically it makes the sound out of the speaker fantastic. Even movie dialog is incredibly clean and clear.
ART: Paradigm’s patented Active Ridge Technology (ART) surrounds, made in-house and over-moulded directly onto each cone, achieve greater excursion for a 3dB gain in distortion-free output (50% greater) compared to drivers with standard surrounds. Crafted from audiophile-grade injection-moulded thermoplastic elastomer, ART surrounds are more durable and reliable, for a lifetime of superior sound.
Super-strong die-cast aluminium baskets: Feature integrated heat sinks for higher power handling, for better bass, better dynamics, and less power compression.
Reduced Edge Diffraction (RED) Technology: RED Technology (patent pending) is a die-cast aluminium tweeter housing that significantly reduces negative effects of diffraction while improving critical midrange frequencies. The irregular edges and off-centre placement break up standing waves typically found around the woofer cone and tweeter housing of traditional designs. Additionally, the aluminium structure dissipates unwanted heat which increases power handling and allows a lower crossover frequency, improving sound and reducing distortion.
Advanced Features for a Solid and Secure Installation
- Chassis: Die-cast aluminium chassis, baffles (in-wall models only), and clamps add strength and rigidity for better bass and midrange, along with a more durable installation.
- Rear Component Shielding: Protects internal parts from debris. The translucent polycarbonate material creates an installation that will not warp. Flat covers also make it easy to lie speakers down during the installation process without tipping.
- Bezel-Free Micro-Perf Grilles: Can be painted to blend in discreetly.
- Pocketed Screw Holes: These help to hold the drill steady, making installation a snap.
- Magnetically attached grilles: Neodymium magnets hold grilles firmly in place.
- Nickel-Plated, Spring Loaded Binding Posts: Feature a larger wire hole to accept higher-gauge wire or banana plugs.
- Premium-Grade Components: Include high-power rated resistors, capacitors and heavy gauge wire inductors.
Main Features & Specifications
- Design: 3 driver, 2 way, shallow enclosure in-wall design
- Crossover: 3rd-order, electro-acoustic at 2.2 kHz
- High Frequency Driver: 25mm (1”) X-PAL dome, ferro-fluid damped / cooled, Reduced Edge Diffraction Technology, Perforated Phase-Aligning Tweeter Lens
- Bass/Midrange: Two 14cm (5.5”) mineral-filled polypropylene cones overmolded Active Ridge Technology surround, die-cast aluminum chassis, 25mm (1") high-temp mid-bass voice coil
- Low Frequency Extension: 74Hz
- Frequency Response (30° off-axis): ±3 dB from 94 Hz - 19 kHz
- Sensitivity-Room: 92dB
- Sensitivity- Anechoic 89dB
- Suitable Amplifier Power Range: 35-120 Watts
- Maximum Input Power: 90 Watts
- Impedance: Compatible with 8 Ohms
- Dimensions (WxHxD): 194 x 524 x 105mm
- Weight: 6.8 kg
- Finish: White, paintable grille
Note: Features & Specifications Subject To Change Without Notice. E&OE. Illustration shows three painted P1's. Custom painting can be arranged at an extra cost.