Please Note: This product is in stock at our supplier's warehouse and will be ready for pickup or immediate despatch within 1-2 days. Thank you for shopping at Audio Trends.
Treble and midbass attenuation switches
Cerametallic woofer for superior low frequency response
About Klipsch PRO-18RC
The Klipsch PRO-18RC in-ceiling speaker is the perfect addition to your stereo or home cinema speaker system.
Treat yourself to top-notch sound with a speaker that blends seamlessly into your home's décor. The Klipsch PRO-18RC installs in your ceiling, so it won't take up one inch of floor space. And its high-tech design and solid construction make it a great choice for movie and music lovers alike. You can use multiple PRO-18RC IIs for surround sound in an all-Klipsch home theatre, or install them in pairs for stereo listening with your multi-room audio system. Either way, you'll enjoy crisp, clear Klipsch sound without the clutter of conventional speakers.
Ready, Aim, Music!: The PRO-18RC's tweeter gives you 100-degree dispersion and it swivels, so you can aim the sound precisely where you need it to go. You can even rotate the 185mm woofer a full 360 degrees and tilt it up to 15 degrees in any direction. This flexibility gives you full, detailed sound no matter where you place the speaker. Plus, tweeter and mid-bass level switches let you adjust the sound to suit your personal taste and room's acoustics.
Horn Technology For Room-Filling Sound: Because high-frequency sounds are more directional than bass frequencies, it's especially important to target them right toward your ears. Klipsch places their titanium tweeter inside a flared opening, known as a "horn." This design brings out details in everything you listen to, while reducing reflections that can colour the sound.
Keeping A Low Profile: The PRO-18RC stays inconspicuous with its SlimTrim bezel-free grille. The visible frame size is reduced by 90% and grille depth is reduced by 80% over previous designs, for a nearly flush finish that blends in beautifully. The paintable aluminium, magnetic grille attaches securely with ease to virtually eliminate resonant distortion.
Controlled Dispersion Technology (CDT):The Klipsch PRO-18RC in-ceiling speaker features a patent-pending gimbal mechanism, known as Controlled Dispersion Technology (CDT). The tweeter and woofer are independently adjustable, allowing both the high and low frequencies to be directed toward the listening area.
High Efficiency: The high-efficiency design of the Klipsch in-ceiling speakers allows you to get much more output than most in-wall and in-ceiling speakers. Due to the long speaker wire runs that are common in whole-house audio systems, the power coming from the amplifier is significantly reduced by the time it reaches the speakers. The 94dB efficiency of this speaker means it will play much louder at low power than other less-efficient speakers.
2-Way Driver Design: The Klipsch PRO-18RC uses a high-quality 1" titanium dome compression driver (tweeter) mated to an exclusive Tractrix Horn, combined with a 6.5" Cerametallic woofer in a 2-way design.
- Tweeter:The 1" Titanium dome compression tweeter is mated to a swivelling 100° Tractrix Horn. The swivelling horn design dramatically increases efficiency by enabling the speaker to produce more output using less energy. The horn-loaded tweeter allows you to point the sound to a specific location, and has more controlled directivity than a conventional dome tweeter. The addition of a Linear Travel Suspension to the tweeter increases high frequency detail and smoothness
- Woofer:The 6.5" copper-coloured, machine-spun Cerametallic woofer can rotate a full 360°, and then shift 15° in any direction. The solid Aluminum diaphragm, anodized to add stiffness and provide perfect damping, has a new hi-tech look that also delivers increased rigidity for even tighter, more defined bass. The new integrated dust cap further strengthens the cone and helps ventilate the voice coil for increased driver durability.
Speaker Terminals: The speaker has a pair of spring-loaded binding posts that can accept up to 12-gauge wire, as well as pin connectors and single banana plugs.
Tweeter/Mid-bass Attenuation Switches: If the speaker is installed in an acoustically bright room, such as a bathroom or a kitchen, you can attenuate the tweeter by -3dB, using the Tweeter Attenuation Switch. If the speaker is located in a corner and produces too much bass, you should adjust the Mid-bass level switch (-3dB). Both switches are located on the front of the speaker.
ABS Basket/Frame: The PRO-18RC has a sturdy ABS basket and frame. The frame can be painted to match any decor.
SlimTrim Magnetic Grille: With an all new grille, the visible frame size is reduced by 90% and grille depth is reduced by 80% over the previous design, for a more edge-to-edge consistent look that blends in with the wall more attractively. The new aluminium, paintable, magnetic grille attaches tightly and securely with ease to virtually eliminate resonant distortion.
Power Specifications Note: The manufacturer has specified the maximum power handling of this speaker as 50 watts RMS (200 W Peak). Klipsch has also published a recommended amplifier power specification as 100 watts.
Our Take On PRO-18RC
The Klipsch PRO-18RC In-Ceiling Speaker offers high-tech design and solid construction making it a great choice for movie and music lovers alike. With horn loading and high efficiency your amp will suddenly sound like a bigger, badder version of itself as it drives the Klipsch PRO-18RC with ease. Of course you can use multiple PRO-18RC's for surround sound in an all-Klipsch home theatre, or install them in pairs for stereo listening with your multi-room audio system. Either way, you'll enjoy crisp, clear Klipsch sound without the clutter of conventional speakers.
Main Features & Specifications
- Design: 2-Way In-Ceiling Speaker
- 1 x 203mm pivoting Cerametallic Cone Woofer
- 1 x 25mm Titanium Dome Compression Tweeter with a swiveling 100° Tractrix Horn
- Recommended Amplifier Power Output: 50 Watts - 200 Watts RMS
- Recommended Maximum Input: 100 Watts RMS - Clean Power
- Frequency Response: 56Hz-23KHz +/- 3dB
- Impedance: 4 Ohms (Nominal)
- Sensitivity: 95dB
- Overall Dimension (Diameter): 273mm
- Cutout Dimension (Diameter): 247mm
- Minimum Mounting Depth: 161mm
- Nett Weight: 3.3kg each
- Country Of Origin: Crafted & Designed In USA
- Manufacturer's Warranty: 5 Years
Note: Features & Specifications Subject To Change Without Notice. E&OE