Cambridge Audio AXR100 Stereo Receiver (Grey)
2 x 100 Watts RMS Output For Rock Solid Performance, AM/FM Radio
Optical & Coaxial Digital, RCA Line, 3.5mm Aux & MM Phono Inputs plus Bluetooth Audio Streaming
Headphones, Subwoofer & A/B Speaker Output
The Cambridge Audio AXR100 Stereo Receiver features a powerful amplifier combined with good connectivity including dedicated Digital inputs for a TV, computer or CD player, Phono input for a turntable, AM/FM radio and Bluetooth for streaming from a phone or tablet. Save on space and build on convenience and style, with the Cambridge Audio AXR100 stereo receiver.
About Cambridge Audio AXR100 Stereo Receiver
Packing a powerful amp with Bluetooth connectivity, Digital inputs and a quality AM/FM radio, the Cambridge Audio AXR100 is your one-stop solution to all-inclusive stereo playback.
Punchy Performer With Two Sets Of Speaker Outputs: Packing a hefty 100 watts per channel, the AXR100 has enough grunt to fill larger rooms with clean, effortless sound. Twin speaker outlets mean you can have a pair of speakers in another room or spread four speakers around a large, open-plan space.
Your Whole System Connected – Including A Turntable: Featuring a phono input for a turntable with a MM (moving magnet) cartridge, the AXR100 is the perfect amp for a vinyl based system. It doesn’t end there, though. Three RCA phono inputs are ideal for a CD player, streamer, games console and even your TV set-top box. Three digital inputs can accommodate a wide range of sources such as a TV, computer or CD player and there’s also a 3.5mm AUX input at the front that’s handy for temporary connections – such as an MP3 player or smartphone. For more bass, you can add your choice of active subwoofer via the dedicated output.
Built-In Bluetooth: With Bluetooth built-in, streaming music from your smartphone, tablet or laptop is just a click away. Pair with your device and effortlessly stream your stored music and popular music streaming services such as Spotify, Deezer and Apple Music.
Tune In: Covering all the bases, the Cambridge Audio AXR100 also features a built-in FM/AM radio. With 30 presets, you can quickly call up all your favourite stations. The RDS (Radio Data System) FM tuner displays the radio name and gives other display information.
Note: The quality of AM (Amplitude Modulation) reception varies on your location; time-of-day; weather; station output and distance from the AM transmitter. FM (Frequency Modulation) typically has a range of 80km and is affected by hills and large buildings. An external or dedicated antenna will be required if you experience poor sound. The product is not deemed 'faulty' if you experience poor reception due to any of the above scenarios. And, the better or more costly the Receiver, the more the pronounced the problem can be. If radio, particularly AM Radio, is important to you, then consider connecting an optional AM antenna (Click here for PK AM Antenna Website for details) to achieve better AM reception, or buy a Network Receiver where you can enjoy over 100,000 stations (inc AM & FM) via the Internet. FM reception can be improved if you connect it to a TV antenna with FM capability.
Sleek New Style: The entire Cambridge AX Series has a fresh new look that catches the eye. The Lunar Grey front panel contrasts with the black top and sides, making it ‘pop’ into crisp focus. The cool white display and logical layout give a timeless style that’s typical of the Cambridge Audio brand. The teardrop profile with wedge foot mirrors the CX Series, showing a strong family link between ranges.
Main Features & Specifications
- Main Features & Specifications
- Design: Stereo AM/FM Receiver with Digital Inputs, Phono Input & Bluetooth
- Power Output: 2 x 100 Watts (into 8Ω)
- 4 Ohm capability allows use with a wide range of speakers
- Front Panel A/B speaker switching for two pairs of speakers
- 3 x Digital Inputs – 2 x Toslink Optical & 1 x Coaxial
- Digital Inputs: PCM 16-24-bit S/PDIF, Co-axial 32-192kHz, Toslink Optical 32-192kHz
- 3 x RCA Line Level Inputs
- 1 x MM (Moving Magnet) Phono Input for Turntables
- 1 x Front Panel 3.5mm Stereo Aux Input
- Bluetooth: For streaming from a smart phone, tablet or computer
- Compatibility: 5.0 A2DP/AVRCP supporting SBC
- Stereo RCA Record Output
- Mono RCA Subwoofer Output
- Front Panel Full Size 6.35mm Headphone Socket
- Two Pair Binding Post Speaker Connectors
- Amplifier Section
- THD (Unweighted): <0.01% @ 1kHz, 80% of rated power <0.15% 20Hz - 20kHz, 80% of rated power
- Frequency Response (-1DB): 5Hz - 50kHz
- S/N Ratio (REF 1W): >82dB (unweighted)
- Input Impedances: 47k ohms
- Power Amp Damping Factor: >50
- Standby Power Consumption: <0.5W
- Max. Power Consumption: 550W
- Bass/Treble Controls: Shelving, ultimate boost/cut +/- 10dB @ 100Hz and 20kHz
- Subwoofer Output: 200Hz 2nd order L+R Level follows volume setting
- Tuner Section
- Tuner Bands: European AM (522-1629kHz); FM (87.5-108MHz)
- Aerial Inputs: FM 75 ohms, Coaxial. AM 300 ohms wire loop/ single wire
- Signal To Noise (Tuner): 60dB typical (FM)
- Distortion (Tuner): <0.4% @ 1kHz 50kHz deviation (FM mono) <0.6% @ 1kHz 50kHz deviation (FM stereo)
- Dimensions (WxHxD): 430 x 110 x 340mm
- Weight: 8.1kg
- Manufacturer's Warranty: 2 Years
Note: Features & Specifications Subject To Change Without Notice. E&OE.