Denon AVR-X1600H Home Theatre Receiver
Please Note: This item is usually in stock and ready for despatch. Please note that it may not be on demonstration or available for immediate in-store collection.
7.2 Channel Receiver with Dolby Atmos & DTS-X
Built-In Heos Wireless Technology. Wi-Fi & Bluetooth
80 Watts Per Channel, Free App Control, Pre-Output For Connecting A Second Amp
Denon's AVR-X1600H 7.2 Channel Home Theatre Receiver has broken new ground for a mid-level product, delivering a very high and surprising level of performance, technology and features for the money. With some great new features, the Denon AVR-X1600 should definitely be on your short list.
About Denon AVR-X1600H AV Receiver
Lets start by saying that the AVR-X-1600H is a very popular model. Featuring high current discrete power output devices on all channels, the AVR-X1600 is rated at 80 Watts per channel into 8 Ohms (Full Bandwidth) with 2 channels driven and up to 145 Watts into 1 channel at 6 Ohms which delivers compatibility with a wide range of loudspeakers. It will especially suit those who don't have a big room or have a need to 'blow' the neighbours away - see "Our Take" at the bottom of this section. The Eco mode adjusts the power amplifier's output according to the volume level to reduce power consumption and the on-screen Eco meter lets you see the power consumption reduction in real time.
Packed with the latest audio and video technologies, the AVR-X1600H delivers incredibly immersive surround sound, built on an extensive sound tuning and plenty of amp power. With Dolby Atmos and DTS:X, you'll experience the same revolutionary 3D surround sound found in premium movie theatres. Full wireless connectivity is provided by both Wi-Fi and Bluetooth, with dual antennas that help ensure robust signal transmission and reception. Stream your favourite music through AirPlay, Spotify Connect or local network storage drives, and enjoy easy control via the Denon AVR Remote iOS and Android apps. The AVR-X1600H features an advanced video processing system which provides for 4K Ultra HD full rate, and it can upscale analogue and digital SD and HD video to 4K UHD. The AVR-X1600H is also HDCP 2.2 compliant, a requirement for 4K Ultra HD copy-protected content.
Dolby Atmos & DTS:X Built-In
For many years, movie surround soundtracks have been channel-based. Revolutionary Dolby Atmos and DTS:X surround sound technology dispenses with channel-based coding in favour of more advanced object-based coding, giving the sound designer the ability to precisely place sounds anywhere in the 3-dimensional space. Now, you can enjoy this same award-winning technology at home with the AVR-X1600H, which features the ability to connect a 5.1 surround sound speaker system and 2 additional overhead speakers or 2 additional Dolby Atmos-certified up-firing speakers for the ultimate home theatre experience. Along with Dolby Atmos and DTS:X decoding and Dolby Surround Upmixing, the AVR-X1600H also features Dolby TrueHD lossless decoding and other Dolby Digital technologies.
Built-in Bluetooth & Wi-Fi: Featuring Bluetooth & Wi-Fi wireless streaming connectivity, the AVR-X1600H is equipped with an advanced dual antenna RF transceiver system for robust and error-free streaming, even in congested RF environments. Connect to the internet through your home Wi-Fi network (or with a hard-wired connection via the RJ-45 Ethernet LAN port) and enjoy your favourite tracks from streaming music services such as Spotify Connect. You can also choose from thousands of internet radio stations around the world, and enjoy music from virtually every genre.
Note: Although the Receiver has a built-in AM/FM Tuner, reception and sound quality are subject to specific conditions being met by the customer. Some may require additional cost. Click here to read more.
Latest eARC HDMI Connectivity; HDCP 2.3 Compatible: Equipped with 6 HDMI inputs, including 1 conveniently located on the front panel, along with a single HDMI output on the rear panel, the AVR-X1600H incorporates an advanced video processor that features support for 4K Ultra HD full rate video, 4:4:4 Pure Color sub-sampling and 21:9 video pass-through, along with support for 3D content. The AVR-X1600H also features HDCP 2.3 compatibility, a requirement for 4K Ultra HD copy-protected content. And, the video processor can also upscale SD and HD video to 4K UHD.
Remote App: The new Denon AVR Remote App lets you control the Denon AV receiver using your Apple (iOS 7.0+) or Android (OS 4.0+) device. From this free app on your compatible Apple iOS or Android device, you'll be able to control the Denon AV receiver's basic functions; such as power, volume, input, surround modes, and other settings. You'll also be able to control separate Zones of the receiver, as well as navigate the AV receiver's network and Internet content from the app. In addition, you get unique features like a landscape orientation control screen for tablet devices, the ability to create playlists, and control over a Denon Blu-ray player.
- Landscape Orientation Control Screen: With a landscape orientation control screen for tablet devices, you can easily browse and navigate through your network music services or personal digital music collection with ease, and at the same time view now-playing information and cover art all on a single screen.
- Create Playlists: The app's playback screen allows you to easily build your own personal music playlists on the fly with the ability to Drag & Drop files into your queue, or tap to "Play Now", "Play Next", "Play Next and Replace Queue" or "Add to End of Queue". You can then save your queue as a playlist for easy recall.
HEOS Multi-room Compatible: With built-in HEOS technology, the AVR-X1600H can be easily integrated into a wireless multi-room audio system. Stream music to HEOS wireless speakers in different rooms, and control each room's speakers independently with the free HEOS app for Apple iOS (7.0+) & Android OS (2.3+) devices. The app lets you control playback, browse music sources, and select which rooms you want to use. Play the same music throughout your home, or listen to something different in each room. You can play music from your own personal library, internet radio, and popular streaming services like Spotify, and TIDAL, just to name a couple.
From the app on your mobile device, you'll be able to control the Denon receiver along with other Denon HEOS gear and listen to music throughout your home. The HEOS wireless multi-room sound system by Denon can support up to 32 HEOS products (sold separately) on a single wireless network.
Apple AirPlay: If you've got music stored on your iPhone, iPad or computer and you're using iTunes, then Apple's Airplay streaming audio system makes it as simple as pressing “Play” to stream songs to the Denon AVR-X1600H. It's easy to browse and listen, even if you don't have hundreds of gigabytes of digital tunes. Why? Because the X1600H features built-in support for Spotify and some other music subscription services, as well as free Internet radio and DLNA-compatibility for networked PCs. That's millions of songs at your fingertips before you've connected your CD or Blu-ray Player.
Note: AirPlay requires a wireless home network and a wired or wireless connection between the receiver and network.
Simple Set-Up and Easy To Use: Denon's home theatre receivers continue to get easier to set up and control. Their full-colour on-screen display uses lots of graphics so it's easy and fun to navigate so you won't spend hours delving into the instruction manual! When you first start, you'll have the Setup Assistant to guide you through connections and settings, so you can get your system up and running quickly. It will also help you run the built-in Audyssey automatic speaker calibration system, which tailors the receiver's settings to your specific room and speakers. This helps deliver well-balanced surround sound.
Tip: Once you're set up, be sure to download the free Denon Remote app for your Apple or Android smartphone. It's the simplest and most intuitive way to control your receiver via your home Wi-Fi network. Need to know more re this feature? Call us on (03) 9874-8233.
As Japan’s first audio electronics manufacturer and with a deep legacy of firsts, Denon is absolutely one of the longest audio company emanating from Japan. Founded in 1910, their aim has always been to enable the entertainment moments that matter through the relentless pursuit of quality, innovation and audio performance and Audio Trends teamed up with Denon way back in 1982. Even then, we had difficulties keeping up with demand because they just couldn't physically reproduce enough gear for the world market! How have they been so successful over decades and still are up with the best in mass-produced audio components when the market has become very crowded?
Innovative engineering and technology are at the core of what makes a Denon product so iconic. Through a disciplined approach to design and production, their Japanese based engineers ensure that only superb craftsmanship, precision engineering and impeccable performance go into every component. The creation of products that can deliver total quality enjoyment to others is a fundamental driving passion and the main reason why they exist. What’s more, their constant quest to create the perfect entertainment component is the key to transforming creative ideas into leading innovation, and to anticipating consumer needs. In recent times, this has included the development of mobile technologies, so that customers can enjoy the best possible quality reproduction in any format.
For everyone at Denon, Passion, Artistry, and Technology are more than buzzwords – they are part of the quintessential philosophy behind everything they do. These three elements and decades of innovation and engineering excellence have shaped their entire culture. Every detail of a Denon product is crafted around these elements with a single goal in mind: to maximise the entertainment experience. It is worthy of note that Denon is distributed in Australia by Sound United who are the international owners of the brand so after-sales-service is readily available if required.
Our Take On The Denon AVR-X1600H AV Receiver
The above are just some of the key features we think you will want to read about. You are probably wondering whether it is possible to have any more features in such a bargain priced model. For a start it has all the essentials that we believe are basic including heavy-duty speaker wire binding posts which allow for either bare wire or banana plug access - the later being the preferred choice - as well as dual subwoofer outputs which is not a gimmick. Put simply, two subs give you better balanced and more even bass response throughout your room. With a compatible 4K TV, you'll also get stunning picture quality from native 4K content as well as older video sources, thanks to the 1600's upscaling capability.
Compatible speakers? This is where you need to pay attention. The rated output is 80 Watts into 2 channels or stereo mode which is usually enough for a 7 metre x 5 metre room at average volume levels. But adding extra speakers WILL reduce this output capability and quite dramatically if inefficient speakers are chosen. No problems with a 5.1 sub/sat system but choice is very important if you plan to use floor standing speakers as the mains plus a centre and rears. The subwoofer will also be critical as it will be in a larger room of if you like to crank up the volume even for just a minute or two once a year! If you're not sure, please call us to discuss various options.
Main Features & Specifications
- Product Description: 7.2 Channel Home Theatre Receiver with Dolby Atmos & DTS:X
- Power Output: 80 watts per channel into 8 Ohms (20-20,000 Hz) at 0.08% THD, with 2 channels driven
- 145 watts per channel into 6 Ohms (1kHz) at 1% THD with 1 channel driven
- Dolby® and DTS® Surround Sound Decoding
- Dolby Atmos® processing for use with in-ceiling or "height" speakers for more enveloping home theatre sound
- Dolby Atmos Height Virtualization (via future firmware update) and DTS Virtual:X® create three-dimensional effects without height speakers
- Audyssey speaker calibration and system optimization includes:
- MultEQ XT auto setup and room calibration delivers balanced, dynamic sound with enhanced surround performance
- Dynamic Volume anticipates loud sounds to keep volume levels even
- Dynamic EQ improves dialogue, bass response, and surround channel levels at lower volumes
- Audyssey MultEQ Editor app for further audio customization (paid app; not included)
Digital & Streaming Music Options
- Wi-Fi: Built-in Wi-Fi for listening to music from a networked PC, free internet radio, and music services
- HEOS: Built-in HEOS technology wirelessly connects compatible HEOS components for whole home audio
- Includes support for Spotify Connect, Tidal & Deezer (subscription required for some services)
- Free HEOS app offers easy Wi-Fi control, settings adjustments, and music selection and playback
- Works with Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant and Apple Siri for seamless voice control
- Apple AirPlay 2: Lets you stream directly from an iPhone® or iPad® and ask Siri to play Apple Music
- Supports multi-room audio with compatible wireless speakers
- Bluetooth: Built-in Bluetooth® for wireless music listening with smartphones, tablets, and compatible computers
- Built-in Bluetooth transmission for listening to content on Bluetooth-enabled headphones (available with future firmware update November 2019)
- Plays high-resolution digital music files via USB storage device or a networked computer (PCM up to 24-bit/192kHz resolution; DSD up to 5.6 MHz)
- Compressed Audio Restorer: A great feature that improves sound quality of MP3s and other digital music files
- HDMI 2.0b audio/video switching: 6 in (includes 1 front-panel input), 1 out
- HDCP 2.3 technology ensures compatibility with 4K Ultra HD sources and TVs
- HDR-compatible for extended picture contrast and brightness with compatible 4K TVs and HDR-encoded content
- Supports HDR 10, Dolby Vision™, and HLG
- eARC (Enhanced Audio Return Channel) supports the most advanced surround sound formats, including Dolby Atmos and DTS:X, via a single HDMI connection to your TV
- passes full-resolution surround sound signals from over-the-air broadcasts and streaming media
- Composite Video Switching: 2 inputs, 1 output
- Digital Audio Inputs: 2 optical
- Line-Level Inputs: 2 assignable analogue stereo audio inputs
- Preamp Outputs: Connect either a separate power amplifier or two powered subwoofers
- Phono Input: MM (moving magnet) phono input for connecting a turntable
- Front-panel USB Port: For audio playback from USB flash drives
- Ethernet Port: For hard-wired network connection
- Speaker Outputs: Connect up to 7 speakers (Front L/R, Centre, Surround L/R, Surround Back L/R)
- Speaker Wire Terminals: Accept bare wire or banana plugs (recommeded)
- Amp assign function lets you use surround back speaker outputs for front height, Front B, or bi-amping front speakers
- IR input for external controllers
- Headphone Jack: Full-sized headphone jack
- Removable Power Cord: Standard IEC cable provided - allows for upgrade to better quality cord for improved performance. Click here to see our range
- 4K/60p and 3D video pass-through
- Free Denon AVR Remote App: Lets you use your Apple or Android™ device as a Wi-Fi remote
- Setup Guides: Setup assistant guides you through the initial connection process and settings
- HDMI standby pass-through allows HDMI switching without powering up receiver
- Intuitive, full-colour on-screen guide
- AM/FM Tuner: Reception depends on signal strength available in your area.
- Remote Control: Operates compatible Denon products
- Dimensions (WxHxD): 434 x 151 x 339 (antenna horizontal); 215mm height (antenna vertical)
- Nett Weight: 8.6kg
- Shipping Weight: 10.6kg
- Manufacturer's Warranty: 2 years with additional 1 year option. Details in box.
Note: Features & Specifications Subject To Change Without Notice. E&OE.
Acoustic Energy AE109 SpeakersPriced from $1,265.00
Wharfedale Diamond 225 Bookshelf SpeakersPriced from $760.00 (Normally Regular Price $845.00 )
REL Tzero MKIII SubwooferPriced from $849.00
Wharfedale Diamond 11.0 SpeakersPriced from $495.00
Sony UBP-X700 Blu-ray PlayerSpecial Price $325.00 (Normally Regular Price $429.00 )
Acoustic Energy AE100 SpeakersPriced from $580.00