The CD5si CD player, especially when partnered with the complementary NAIT 5i integrated amplifier, sets a thrilling new standard for the musical performance of entry-level hi-fi.
With so much focus on audio streaming and downloads it might seem easy to forget the humble CD. But not at Naim. After all, the CD is still by far the World's most popular music format and for millions of music enthusiasts compact disc collections still constitute the heart and soul of precious music libraries. This outstanding machine, which replaces the previous CD5i, brings worthwhile performance benefits for users but retains the functionality and straightforward usability of the classic player. The CD5si is designed to be the best in its class, incorporating genuine technological advances to provide a thoroughly enjoyable musical experience.
Technical Detail: The CD5si name may only differ from its CD5i predecessor by one character, but under the skin there's numerous fundamental improvements and advances - each one aimed at extracting more music and enjoyment from every CD. To begin with, the CD5si digital to analogue converter chip has been upgraded to a Burr Brown PCM1793 - a device very closely related to the one used in the NDX high-end streaming player. The CD5si also benefits from a more stable DAC clock, higher voltage power supply rails, a revised analogue filter design and a brand new CD transport and laser optics. It goes without saying of course that all these changes were driven by our relentless search for engineering reliability, sound quality and audio performance, and the benefit of each change was confirmed after many hours of listening.
However, just as change can bring improvement, there's often nothing wrong with sticking to your guns, so the CD5si retains all of its predecessor’s best features and Naim trademarks. The unique Naim swing-out CD drawer, in-house and industry standard CD transport, laser tracking and digital error correction software, discreet analogue output electronics, and a die-cast, non magnetic enclosure construction that helps ensures the electronics within can extract the most possible music from every CD.
Main Features & Specifications
- Design: Single Disc CD Player
- Plays: CD; CD-R
- DAC: Burr-Brown
- Frequency Response: 10Hz – 20kHz
- Total Harmonic Distortion: <0.007%
- Line Level Outputs: 1 x 5 pin DIN & 1 pr. L+R RCA
- Case: Stiff, extruded aluminium casework provides excellent resistance to external vibration
- CD Transport: High performance drawer and transport mechanism as per the premium CDX2 model, providing low resonance, low-inertia disc operation
- Remote Control: NARCOM-4 infrared remote control
- Power Supplies: Discrete digital and analogue power supplies for superior isolation of sound critical electronics
- Power Input: 230V 50Hz
- Power consumption (play mode): 12VA
- Power consumption (peak): 16VA
- Detachable Mains Power Cord: Allows upgrade to better quality mains cable
- Dimensions (WxHxD): 432 x 70 x 301mm
- Nett Weight: 5.9kg
- Shipping Weight 8.1kg
- Made In England
- Manufacturer's Warranty: 2 Years
Note: Features & Specifications Subject To Change Without Notice. E&OE