Cambridge Audio AXC35 CD Player (Grey)
Please Note: This item is in stock and ready for despatch. Please note that it may not be on demonstration or available for immediate in-store collection.
Great Value CD Player, Smooth Sound, Remote Control, Solid UK Design
Dedicated Digital Output, Supports CD-R, CD-RW, CD-ROM Discs & MP3 & WMA Files
Multi-Function Display Screen, Stylish Thick Grey Front Panel
About the Cambridge Audio AXC35 CD Player
The Cambridge Audio AXC35 is a great value CD Player that is perfect as the primary source component in a mid-level hi-fi system with real performance potential. Partner with a suitable amplifier such as Cambridge Audio's AXA35 and you've got yourself a great system for a great price.
The AX Series is the new entry level range from Cambridge Audio, the classic British audio brand that's been tickling audiophile ears for half a century. The AX Series has been designed and engineered in the UK and strikes the perfect note between performance and affordability.
The AXC35 is the upper level CD Player in the range which naturally has all the essentials a good disc player needs. The AXC35 is a versatile, gapless playback CD player featuring a high quality digital to analogue converter (DAC), to convert the digital information stored on a CD into an analogue sound signal. As well as regular audio CDs, the AXC35 will play MP3 and WMA files from home recorded CD-R, CD-RW and CD-ROM discs. There's also a dedicated digital output which allows you to record from a CD to a digital format or even connect to a standalone DAC when you're ready to improve your sound even further. With a multi-function display screen, this sleek looking CD Player is housed in a substantial chassis which sports a stylish thick grey front panel which looks great in any interior.
Cambridge are known for their beautiful Hi-Fi components and there is no exception with the AX Series. The AX Series pairs high quality with outstanding value for money and is the perfect way for the Hi-Fi curious to build their first stacking separates system. Taking design cues from Cambridge's award-winning Edge and CX ranges, Cambridge have designed the AX Series components to be a straightforward introduction to Great British Sound.
Why Separates?: Hi-fi separates offer lots of system flexibility. You can mix and match what is in your stack, as and when you want to. Splitting out each specific job into separate units also gives better end results, as each component can concentrate exclusively on performing a single task to the best of its ability.
System Building: So, which of these units do you need in your hi-fi system? At the very least you will need an Amplifierwhich is the heart of any system, connected to a pair of speakers to fill your room with sound and last but definitely not least you will need a source component, which these days could be a Turntable, CD Player, Music Streamer, Computer or even your Smart Phone.
Cables: Don't forget, you're going to need cables to connect everything up! You'll need Interconnects to connect your separates together and Speaker Cable for your speakers. We have outlined a few recommendations below which match well with a Cambridge AX Series based system.
Speakers: The last pieces of the puzzle are of course the speakers, and you don't need to invest in huge hefty ones for serious room filling sound. We have a range of reasonably priced speakers to get your hi-fi going without compromising on quality. Click on these links to check out our selection of smaller Bookshelf Speakers or larger Floorstanding Speakers or check out our recommendations below.
With all the essentials required and a few extras thrown in for good measure, the AXC35 CD Player from Cambridge Audio can easily perform as the primary music source of a very stylish and great sounding system that is relatively affordable for all. Mate it with a Cambridge AXA35 Stereo Amplifier and a set of good bookshelf or floorstanding speakers for a great system that will have you tapping your feet and enjoying your music and smiling at how little all this wonderful sound actually cost you.
Main Features & Specifications
- Design: CD Player with Coaxial Digital Output & support for CD-R, CD-RW, CD-ROM discs & MP3 and WMA files
- THD @ 1kHz 10dBFS: <0.01%
- THD @ 1kHz 0dBFS: <0.006%
- D/A Convertor: Wolfson Microelectronics WM8524
- S/PDIF Output Impedance: <75 ohms
- Gapless Playback: Yes
- Filter: 2-pole Butterworth filter
- Frequency Response (+/-0.4dB): 20Hz - 20kHz
- S/N Ratio, A Weighted: >93dB
- Crosstalk @1kHz: <-98dB
- Crosstalk @20kHz: <-95dB
- Output Impedance: <50 ohms
- Maximum Power Consumption: 15W
- Standby Power Consumption: <0.5W
- In The Box: AXC25 CD Player, Power Cable, Remote Control, 2 x AAA Batteries
- Please Note: No RCA Interconnect is supplied with this CD Player. We recommend the Wireworld Stream 8 Interconnect available here
- Power Cable: For improved performance we recommend IsoTek power cables available here
- Dimensions (WxHxD): 430 x 75 x 305mm
- Weight: 4.3kg
- Manufacturer's Warranty: 2 Years
Note: Features & Specifications Subject To Change Without Notice. E&OE
- ProJect Essential III TurntablePriced from $593.00 (Normally Regular Price $659.00 )
- Rega Planar 1 TurntablePriced from $649.00
- Wharfedale Diamond 12.0 SpeakersPriced from $495.00 (Normally Regular Price $549.00 )
- Acoustic Energy AE100 SpeakersPriced from $499.00 (Normally Regular Price $580.00 )