Encel Gelati Speakers
Please Note: This item is in stock and ready for despatch. Please note that it may not be on demonstration or available for immediate in-store collection.
2-Way Vented-Box Standmount Loudspeaker
5" Woven Kevlar Bass Driver & 1" Soft Dome Tweeter
Compact Dimensions With A Big Open Sound
Multiple Colourful Grille Options Available
About The Encel Gelati Speakers
Gelati is a compact bookshelf speaker presented in a sharp array of woodgrain finishes with lacquered baffles that offer a strikingly colourful look.
Gelati come in a number of unique flavours like Birch Black, Vanilla, Caramel Walnut, and Pistachio. They’re adaptable to the surrounds of your listening space, with 12 delicious magnetic grilles on offer in shades like Eucalyptus Green, Ocean Blue, Lemon Yellow and Coffee Brown. Swapping them out takes seconds, letting you choose and change your speakers' look.
Designed and voiced in Melbourne, Encel Gelati serve a svelte, engaging tone that performs confidently across a range of genres. Whether you're listening on vinyl, CD, or streaming, they promise a totally absorbing musical experience. Gelati are packaged with a minimum of disposable materials and manuals, with instructions and information available online at encel.com.au/gelati.
A defining trait of the Encel brand is artistic collaboration, with Melbourne-based illustrator Alice Oehr designing the Gelati’s packaging. And of course, Gelati are manufactured with sturdy, durable materials like MDF and kevlar, meaning their gift of great music will continue for years down the line.
Encel is a Melbourne based brand that has been represented in the Australian market since 1958 when the founder Alex Encel first introduced the concept of the hi-fi stereo system to the Australian market. The prototype product that Encel produced was a sound system - built to impress his opera singer girlfriend. What came next shocked the young uni student, when interest in his hobby turned economically profitable. People heard the system & liked it, so naturally, he made more. Today, the Encel company is run by Alex's son, Sam Encel. As an ode to the legacy of his father before him, Sam is leading the company into the next wave of hi-fi products. With that same desire to innovate, & passion for great sounding music, the Encel brand now takes on new & exciting frontiers with an acute focus on value, sustainability and a healthy dose of Encel whimsy.
Our Take On The Encel Gelati Speakers
Need a little colour in your life? Can't help feeling that speaker designers are completely lacking in imagination? Do we have the solution for you and its name is as yummy as its sound. The Encel Gelati speakers are compact but don’t sound small. They have a lovely open sound that is very inviting with a generous dose of bass down low, especially considering the size. Of course the thing that really stands out is the customisable grille options which make this speaker really special. If you’re liking the colour green this month, then Eucalyptus Green grilles are just a click away from being yours. Change your mind to purple next month and you can come back and buy Plum Purple grilles which you can swap over in seconds. How good is that?
Main Features & Specifications
- Design: 2-Way Vented-Box Standmount Loudspeaker
- 5" Woven Kevlar Bass Cone in a driver that is mounted to a high-power magnet and advanced motor system
- 1" Soft Dome Tweeter, driven by a ferrite magnet system with a carefully constructed waveguide around the fabric dome for optimal dispersion
- Rear Ported design for deep, articulate and well-integrated bass
- Locally-Modelled Crossover, designed with advanced computer software and refined through extensive listening tests
- Available in a range of colourful finishes and further customisable with an even more colourful selection of grilles
- Grilles are available separately here
- Enclosure Type: Bass Reflex
- Transducer Complement: 2-Way
- Bass Driver: 5” (130mm) Kevlar Cone
- Treble Driver: 1" (25mm) Soft Dome
- Sensitivity (2.83V @ 1m): 86dB
- Recommended Amplifier Power: 25-100W
- Peak SPL: 101dB
- Nominal Impedance: 8Ω Compatible
- Minimum Impedance: 4.5Ω
- Frequency Response (+/-3dB): 50Hz - 20kHz
- Crossover Frequency: 3.0kHz
- Cabinet Volume: 9.5 Litres
- Included Accessories: Transparent Silicone Feet
- Dimensions (WxHxD): 174 x 301 x 222 mm
- Weight: 8.52 kg/pair
- Manufacturer’s Warranty: 5 Years
Note: Features & Specifications Subject To Change Without Notice. E&OE.