For everyone at Denon, Passion, Artistry, and Technology are more than buzzwords – they are part of the quintessential philosophy behind everything they do. These three elements and decades of innovation and engineering excellence have shaped their entire culture. Every detail of a Denon product is crafted around these elements with a single goal in mind: to maximise the entertainment experience. It is worthy of note that Denon is distributed in Australia by Sound United who are the international owners of the brand so after-sales-service is readily available if required.
Denon AVC-X8500HA Home Theatre Amplifier
Please Contact Us: This item is in stock and ready for immediate despatch however the supplier of this product does not permit it to be sold online so please contact us for purchasing options. Thank you for shopping at Audio Trends.
13.2 Channel 8K AV Amplifier, 150 Watts Per Channel (2 Channels Driven)
Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, AirPlay, Multi-Room HEOS Music Streaming Technology Built-In
HDMI 2.1, Audyssey MultiEQ XT32 Acoustic Room Correction
About The Denon AVC-X8500HA Home Theatre Amplifier
If you're after a fully immersive movie experience that will almost literally blow your socks off the Denon AVC-X8500HA is top of the range in every way and has the smarts and performance to satisfy even the most discerning videophile. Enjoy Dolby Atmos for immaculate audio, Spotify Connect support and DSD streaming.
One of the big things that will appeal to many who are prepared to dig deep into their pockets for a AVC-X8500HA is the fact that it is not only designed in Japan ... but Made In Japan! Whenever we think of that phrase these days, we can't help but be reminded of the 'Doc & Marty' in Back To The Future 2 when they discussed the superiority of products Made In Japan. Obviously Denon (and Japan) experience similar high costs of manufacturing as we do here in the land down-under, but you can be assured the build-quality is as good as it gets and attention to detail is as to be expected, meticulous.
Denon’s top of the range home theatre amplifier has just had the suffix A added to its name and that means it has a new HDMI/Digital board that has been brought up to the latest spec with features like 8K compatibility, HDMI 2.1 that support 40Gbps transmission, new support for HDR formats and the incorporation of DTS:X Pro.
The AVC-X8500HA's feature complement includes all the latest 3D audio formats: Dolby Atmos, DTS:X, IMAX Enhanced and Auro 3D, plus the addition of 8K / 60Hz upscaling and pass-through, 4K / 120Hz pass-through, HDR10+, Dynamic HDR, HDCP 2.3 and DTS:X Pro. Denon calls this enhanced set of features the ‘A’ specification, and while the new X8500HA will replace Denon AVC-X8500H units, current X8500H owners will have the opportunity to upgrade the HDMI / Digital board in their AV amplifiers to obtain the same characteristics as ‘A’ models. Additionally, a firmware update available shortly will enable the following on the older X8500H: front wide channel support in Dolby Surround, Dolby Atmos Height Virtualiser and DTS:X Pro.
The 'A' specification means that the dedicated 8K HDMI input enables 8K / 60Hz and 4K / 120Hz video pass-through for the ultimate gaming and home theatre experiences and can handle HDMI 2.1 technologies up to 40Gbps. The Quick Media Switching (QMS) feature, which allows a source to instantly change the frame rate to eliminate screen blackout, has been added to all HDMI inputs and joins Variable Refresh Rate (VRR), while automatic low latency mode (ALLM) and fast frame transport (QFT) combine to offer gamers reduced tear and frame lag. The ‘A’ can also scale existing HD and 4K content to 8K and continues to support Enhanced Audio Return Channel (eARC), enabling lossless and object-based audio streaming from DTS:X and Dolby Atmos from TV applications or devices connected using a single HDMI cable.
With DTS:X Pro now on board, X8500HA users (and X8500H users after a firmware update) can enjoy up to 13 channels of DTS:X decoding with speaker configurations such as 7.2.6 or 9.2.4 as well as being able to take advantage of the latest in IMAX Enhanced movies. The latest height virtualization technologies are also included, such as Dolby Atmos height virtualization and DTS Virtual:X, which provide immersive audio without height channels, creating virtual height effects in a 7.1, 5.1 or 2.1 speaker arrangement with no need for physical height speakers.
13.2 Channel AV Amplifier
Anyway, we digress just a little. The Denon AVC-X8500HA 13.2 Channel home theatre receiver features a powerful Class A/B power amplifier section equipped with discrete high current power transistors for high quality audio performance. It is rated at a genuine 150 Watts RMS into 8 Ohms, at 20-20kHz driving 2 Channels and a little less when simultaneously driving more than two speakers. It features 13.2 processing, 13 channels of amplification and a 13.2 pre-out stage for maximum versatility should you wish to 'expand' performance. It has plenty of connectivity options, the latest HDMI 2.1 spec, built-in Audyssey set-up assistant, Apple AirPlay as well as Dolby Atmos, DTS:X and Auro-3D.
Built-In Bluetooth, Wi-Fi And AirPlay: With all the various devices we use to play music, the hardest part can be playing them all with ease. The AVC-X8500HA makes this process quick and very easy. Many new portable devices are equipped with Bluetooth wireless connectivity and the AVC-X8500HA’s built-in Bluetooth wireless technology lets you stream your favourite audio tracks from up to 8 Bluetooth enabled devices, such as smartphones, portable audio players and tablets. With the built-in Wi-Fi wireless technology, the AVC-X8500HA connects to the internet through your home network, opening up a world of music from free internet radio stations, as well as streaming subscription services like Spotify via the very latest Spotify Connect scheme.
If you've got your favourite music stored on your portable IOS iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad and you're using iTunes, then Apple’s AirPlay streaming audio system makes it as simple as pressing “Play” to stream songs to the Denon AVC-X8500HA. DLNA 1.5 certification lets you connect to your PC or Mac via your home network wirelessly for additional streaming capabilities. The Denon Remote App lets you easily control the AVC-X8500HA with your portable device, and is available for Apple and Android devices.
Whole-Home Wireless Audio With HEOS
This is the latest gadget now built-in to this Denon Receiver - Denon HEOS technology - which if you haven't already guessed is what the 'H' stands for. Heos technology allows the AVC-X8500HA to be easily integrated into a wireless multi-room audio system. Stream music to Denon HEOS wireless speakers (sold separately) in different rooms, and control each room's speakers independently with the free HEOS app, installed on your Apple iOS (7.0+) or Android OS (2.3+) device. The app gives you instant multiroom audio control, meaning you can command music in every room from any device - play different music from different sources in every room, group several rooms together and play the same song throughout your home, or listen to something different in each room. You can play music from your own personal library, internet radio, and popular streaming services like Pandora, Spotify and Tidal, to name just a few.
Dolby Atmos: It's new and will be a winner because with Dolby Atmos, sound comes alive from all directions, including overhead, to fill your home theatre with astonishing clarity, power, detail and depth of sound. The AVC-X8500HA has the processing power to run a more enveloping 7, 9, 11 or 13 channel Dolby Atmos system using 5.2.2, 5.2.4, 7.2.2, 7.2.4, 7.2.6, 9.2.4 or 11.2.2 configurations utilising ceiling mounted, or Dolby Atmos-enabled speakers.. Here's how it can be configured.
- A 5.2.2 or 5.2.4 speaker configuration is based upon a traditional 5.2 speaker layout complemented by 2 or 4 overhead or Dolby Atmos-enabled speakers.
- A 7.2.2, 7.2.4 or 7.2.6 configuration is based on a 7.2 speaker layout with either 2, 4 or 6 overhead or Dolby Atmos-enabled speakers.
- A 9.2.4 configuration is based on a 9.2 speaker layout with 4 overhead speakers.
Audyssey Suite with Dual Presets: The AVC-X8500HA features the Audyssey suite of powerful DSP features - including MultEQ XT32, Sub EQ HT, LFC (Low Frequency Containment), Dynamic Volume, and Dynamic EQ. The newly adopted Dual Audyssey Preset function allows you to store and instantly switch between two Audyssey configurations. For example, you can store both the Audyssey calibration result straight from the receiver and a customized MultEQ curve or frequency range made through the Audyssey MultEQ editor app on the receiver simultaneously, allowing you to easily compare differences and select your preference. You can also perform Audyssey measurements for two different speaker settings, including 2.0 for music listening and 5.1.4 for movie surround.
MultEQ XT32: Via the supplied measuring microphone, Audyssey MultEQ32 measures all the speakers in your home theatre during setup, including the subwoofer, and then generates multiple high precision DSP room acoustic correction filters, which together provide smoothest and most natural tonal balance, regardless of the brand or model of the various speakers. Audyssey MultEQ32 incorporates more than ten thousand individual control points allowing finer details of the room's problems to be captured and corrected. Up to eight listening positions can be measured, configured, and recorded. MultEQ XT32 compensates for both time and frequency characteristics of the listening area based on "Audyssey Setup" measurement results. Selection is done from three types of compensation curves - Reference (default and recommended, L/R Bypass, Flat, and Off).
Sub EQ HT: Audyssey Sub EQ HT provides individual DSP tailoring of each subwoofer in a dual subwoofer setup, for deeper bass with improved definition, compared to a single subwoofer configuration.
LFC (Low Frequency Containment): Audyssey Low Frequency Containment uses advanced psychoacoustic algorithms to deliver a full range tonal balance, including deep bass, but without disturbing close-by neighbours or family members in other rooms, and features a multi-step adjustment that lets you dial in the amount of containment to your preference.
Dynamic Volume: Audyssey Dynamic Volume features advanced psycho-acoustic processing to deliver clear dialogue and wide range sound at reduced volume levels so that you can enjoy theatre-level clarity at whatever listening level you choose.
Dynamic EQ: Audyssey Dynamic EQ also features advanced DSP processing to deliver full range wide-band response, even at reduced volume levels. Dynamic EQ Reference Level Offset provides three offsets from the film level reference (5 dB, 10 dB, and 15 dB) that can be selected when the mix level of the content is not within the standard.
Maximum Multi-Zone/Multi-Source Playback: Just take a look at the back panel of the AVC-X8500HA and you'll discover a virtual wall of inputs and outputs, all supplied so you can customise it to your needs. Those 15 pairs of speaker terminals are there for either the ultimate in surround sound pleasure like "front high", "front wide," or "surround back" speakers to give movie soundtracks even more depth, or for other interesting options. You can also enjoy music from three different sources in up to three rooms at the same time. Its powerful processing allows you to select from digital or analogue sources for stereo playback across three different zones, including HDMI sources in Zones 1 and 2. The Zone 2 HDMI output is great for watching different content on different TVs at the same time. Here are some popular options that our customers like.
Option One: Connect a 7.2 surround system in one room that then leaves outputs for stereo sound in a second or third room with no additional amplifier required. There's also a third HDMI output for use in your main zone — ideal for connecting both a TV and a projector.
Option Two: For better sound, consider bi-amping your front speakers which is especially beneficial when playing 2 Channel music sources. Of course you can always add an additional stereo power amplifier and enjoy the best of everything!
Option Three: Enjoy the same stereo music in three zones simultaneously which is really great for a party with friends.
Simple Set-Up and Easy To Use: Denon's home theatre receivers continue to get easier to set up and control. Their full-colour on-screen display uses lots of graphics so it's easy and fun to navigate. When you first start, you'll have the Setup Assistant/Quick Start Guide to help you through connections and settings, so you can get your system up and running quickly. It will also help you run the built-in Audyssey automatic speaker calibration system, which tailors the receiver's settings to your specific room and speakers. This helps deliver well-balanced surround sound.
Tip: Once you're set up, be sure to download the free Denon Remote app for your Apple or Android smartphone. It's the simplest and most intuitive way to control your receiver via your home Wi-Fi network. Need to know more re this feature? Call us on (03) 9874-8233.
As Japan’s first audio electronics manufacturer and with a deep legacy of firsts, Denon is absolutely one of the longest audio company emanating from Japan. Founded in 1910, their aim has always been to enable the entertainment moments that matter through the relentless pursuit of quality, innovation and audio performance and Audio Trends teamed up with Denon way back in 1982. Even then, we had difficulties keeping up with demand because they just couldn't physically reproduce enough gear for the world market! How have they been so successful over decades and still are up with the best in mass-produced audio components when the market has become very crowded?
Innovative engineering and technology are at the core of what makes a Denon product so iconic. Through a disciplined approach to design and production, their Japanese based engineers ensure that only superb craftsmanship, precision engineering and impeccable performance go into every component. The creation of products that can deliver total quality enjoyment to others is a fundamental driving passion and the main reason why they exist. What’s more, their constant quest to create the perfect entertainment component is the key to transforming creative ideas into leading innovation, and to anticipating consumer needs. In recent times, this has included the development of mobile technologies, so that customers can enjoy the best possible quality reproduction in any format.
Our Take On The X8500HA
Being the Denon flagship and the world's first 13.2 channel AV Amplifier, this is one of the easiest summaries of any product we have auditioned. Basically if you can afford a '8500HA then buy it as you won't be disappointed. Not only does it have all the bells and whistles, but it has decent built-in performance that will deliver in 'spades' so to speak. Additionally, there are multiple amplifier re-assign options and of course pre-amplifier outputs if you wish to connect extra power amplifiers. That is something that needs serious consideration depending on (1) how many speakers you intend to connect and (2) their efficiency or SPL. If your speakers are "hungry" or inefficient then you will need to utilise some of the re-assign functionality or buy another power amplifier - a particularly smart move for your front speakers.
Of course the addition of built-in Heos technology - which was developed in Sydney Australia - makes multi-room sound easy with the addition of any of the Heos range of wireless speakers. Yes, you can certainly use other brands but if you haven't made a start with extra speakers then HEOS would be the smart way to go.
Main Features & Specifications
- Design: 13.2 Channel home theatre amplifier
- 150 watts per channel into 8 ohms (20-20,000 Hz) at 0.05% THD, with 2 channels driven
- Dolby, DTS and Auro-3D surround sound decoding
- Dolby Atmos Processing for use with in-ceiling or "height" speakers for more enveloping home theatre sound
- Dolby Atmos Height Virtualization and DTS Virtual:X create three-dimensional effects without height speakers
- IMAX Enhanced reproduces the full dynamic range of specially encoded IMAX soundtracks from compatible sources
- Analogue-to-HDMI video upconversion
- Upscales standard-definition video signals to HD and Ultra HD (up to 8K)
- MultEQ XT32 auto setup and room calibration helps fine-tune your system to best match your room's acoustics
- Audyssey MultEQ Editor App for further audio customization (paid App not included)
- Sub EQ HT: Audyssey Sub EQ HT provides individual DSP tailoring of each subwoofer in a dual subwoofer setup, for deeper bass with improved definition, compared to a single subwoofer configuration.
- LFC (Low Frequency Containment): Audyssey Low Frequency Containment uses advanced psychoacoustic algorithms to deliver a full range tonal balance, including deep bass, but without disturbing close-by neighbours or family members in other rooms, and features a multi-step adjustment that lets you dial in the amount of containment to your preference.
- Dynamic Volume: Audyssey Dynamic Volume features advanced psycho-acoustic processing to deliver clear dialogue and wide range sound at reduced volume levels so that you can enjoy theatre level clarity at whatever listening level you choose.
- Dynamic EQ: Audyssey Dynamic EQ also features advanced DSP processing to deliver full range wide-band response, even at reduced volume levels. Dynamic EQ Reference Level Offset provides three offsets from the film level reference (5 dB, 10 dB, and 15 dB) that can be selected when the mix level of the content is not within the standard.
Digital & Streaming Music Options
- Built-In Wi-Fi for listening to music from a networked PC, free internet radio, and music services
- HEOS Built-in technology wirelessly connects compatible HEOS components for whole home audio
- Includes support for Tidal, Deezer and Spotify Connect (subscription required for some services)
- Free HEOS app offers easy Wi-Fi control, settings adjustments, and music selection and playback
- Works with Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant voice control assistants
- Apple AirPlay 2 lets you stream directly from an iPhone or iPad and ask Siri to play Apple Music
- Supports multi-room audio with compatible wireless speakers
- Built-In Bluetooth for wireless music listening with smartphones, tablets, and compatible computers
- Plays high-resolution digital music files via USB storage device or a networked computer (PCM up to 24-bit/192kHz resolution; DSD up to 5.6 MHz)
- Denon's Compressed Audio Restorer improves sound quality of MP3s and other digital music files
- Three-Room/Three-Source output
- Powered stereo outputs for second and third rooms allow playback in three rooms at once
- All Zone Stereo mode ensures that all zones stay in sync when playing the same source
- Supports both analogue and digital audio connections
- HDMI dual-zone switching for watching video content from different sources in two zones simultaneously
- Zone 2 compatible audio sources: HDMI audio, optical/coaxial digital inputs, analogue audio inputs, USB, Bluetooth, and HEOS music apps
- Cannot select different USB/Bluetooth/network sources for each zone
- HDMI 2.1 audio/video switching: 8 in (includes 1 front-panel input), 3 out
- 1 input and 2 outputs support 8K/60Hz and 4K/120Hz video
- All inputs and outputs support 4K/60Hz video
- HDCP 2.3 technology ensures compatibility with Ultra HD sources and TVs
- HDR-compatible for extended picture contrast and brightness with compatible TVs and HDR-encoded content
- Supports HDR10, HDR10+, Dolby Vision™, and HLG
- Gaming-Optimized video processing technologies for a smooth, lag-free gaming experience
- Variable Refresh Rate (VRR), Auto Low Latency Mode (ALLM), and Quick Frame Transport (QFT) reduce or eliminate lag and frame tearing
- Supports ARC (Audio Return Channel) and eARC (Enhanced Audio Return Channel)
- eARC receives uncompressed surround sound signals including Dolby Atmos and DTS:X via the HDMI connection with your compatible TV
- Component video switching: 3 in, 1 out
- Composite video switching: 4 in, 2 out
- Digital audio inputs: 2 Toslink optical, 2 coaxial
- 6 analogue stereo RCA audio inputs
- MM (moving magnet) phono input for connecting a turntable
- Front-Panel USB port for audio playback from USB flash drives
- 7.1 channel preamp inputs
- 15.2 channel preamp outputs, including two discrete line-level subwoofer outputs for more precise multi-subwoofer setups
- Pre-Amplifier Mode lets you use this receiver as a preamp/processor by bypassing the internal amplification when paired with optional external power amps
- Outputs for 15 speakers (Front L/R, Centre, Surround L/R, Surround Back L/R, Height1 L/R, Height2 L/R, Height3 L/R, Height4 L/R)
- Amplifier can power a maximum of 13 channels at once
- RS-232C and remote (IR) connections for use with optional third-party controllers
- Set-Up Assistant: Guides you through the initial connection process and settings
- Third Party Control Systems: Supports AMX; Control 4; Crestron & RTI
- Quick Select buttons: 4 - save settings for commonly used sources, like video input and volume level.
- OSD: Full colour On-Screen Display for easier system setup and operation
- Free Denon Remote app lets you use your Apple or Android device as a Wi-Fi remote.
- System Remote Control: RC1221
- Detachable Power Cable: Allows for upgrade to a better quality power cable for improved performance
- Power Consumption: 900 Watts
- Dimensions (WxHxD): 434 x 195 x 472mm - not including allowance for antennas or cables
- Nett Weight: 23.3kg
- Warranty: 2 years with additional 1 year option. Details in box
Note: Features & Specifications Subject To Change Without Notice. E&OE.
Wharfedale EVO4.3 SpeakersPriced from $2,295.00 (Normally Regular Price $2,699.99 )
Paradigm Founder 80F SpeakersPriced from $6,499.00
REL T/9x SubwooferPriced from $2,399.00
SVS SB-2000 Pro SubwooferPriced from $1,484.00 (Normally Regular Price $1,649.00 )
Panasonic DP-UB9000Special Price $1,499.00 (Normally Regular Price $1,795.00 )
Klipsch SPL-150 SubwooferSpecial Price $1,299.00 (Normally Regular Price $1,995.00 )