Wharfedale Denton 85 Speakers-Black Oak
Please Note: This product is usually in stock at our supplier's warehouse and can be in our store within 2-3 days, ready for pickup or despatch. Thank you for shopping at Audio Trends.
Limited Edition Wharfedale Denton 85th Anniversary Edition Speaker
Classic Style, Modern Design & Components, Refined British Sound
Gorgeous Genuine Veneer Cabinets, Old School Charm
Finished in Black Oak Veneer With Cloth Grille Covers
The Wharfedale Denton 85th Anniversary Edition speaker celebrates an incredible milestone for this British brand and successfully incorporates all the elements of a 21st Century loudspeaker into a design that brims with heritage and class. If that isn't enough, their warm, rich and natural sounding character is guaranteed to win you over.
About Wharfedale Denton 85 Speakers
Wharfedale Wireless Works was founded by Gilbert Briggs in 1932, soon after he built his very first loudspeaker in the cellar of his home in Ilkley, Yorkshire. This sleepy little market town was located in the valley of the river “Wharfe” – an area known to this day as ‘Wharfedale’. This unlikely location would see the birth of a brand that has become recognized all over the world, synonymous with quality in high-fidelity reproduction.
In 1981 the first Wharfedale Diamond speaker was born. The rather unassuming small box took the industry by storm. Small cabinets and the stiff, yet light polypropylene driver meant a very fast, tight sound and compact, accurate two-way drivers produced a fantastic stereo image. It quickly became a best seller and the Diamond range has continued to this day as a staple in the Wharfedale catalogue.
Now, with more than 75 years of setting the standards in perfecting loudspeaker performance, Wharfedale, in order to remain at the forefront of audio, has dedicated 1.5 million square feet to design & manufacturing in which every single product and process takes place in-house. With this ability to control every single part of the process, Wharfedale’s speakers achieve a harmony in performance and design rarely seen elsewhere.
Main Features & Specifications
- Design: 2-way vented-box, bookshelf speaker
- Enclosure Type: Bass reflex
- Port: Dual ports located at the rear
- Transducer Complement: 2-way
- Bass Driver: 1 x 165mm( 6.5") black woven Kevlar cone
- Treble Driver: 1 x 25mm (1") soft dome
- Sensitivity (2.0V @ 1m): 88dB
- Recommended Amplifier Power: 20-120 Watts - must be 'clean' undistorted power
- Peak SPL: 95dB
- Nominal Impedance: 4 Ohms
- Minimum Impedance: 3.8 Ohms
- Frequency Response (+/-3dB): 45Hz ~ 20kHz
- Bass Extension (-6dB): 40Hz
- Crossover Frequency: 3.1kHz
- Cabinet Volume: 13.5L
- Speaker Wire Terminals: Will accept bare wire, spades or 4mm banana plugs
- Bi-Wire Option: Yes
- Available in Walnut, Mahogany & Black Oak real wood veneers
- Dimensions (WxHxD): 240 x 340 x 275mm (Terminals add 12mm)
- Net Weight: 9.0kg each
- Manufacturer's Warranty: 5 Years
Note: Features & Specifications Subject To Change Without Notice. E&OE