Cambridge Audio Alva Duo Phono Preamp (Grey)
Please Note: This product is in stock at our supplier's warehouse and will be ready for pickup or immediate despatch within 1-2 days. Thank you for shopping at Audio Trends.
Designed For Entry Level Moving Magnet & Moving Coil Phono Cartridges
Features Single-Ended 'Class A' Gain Circuit & Discrete Transistors
Balance Control For Fine Correction Of Cartridge Imbalance
Headphone Jack for Private Listening
About Cambridge Audio Alva Duo
Moving Coil Cartridge Compatibility: One of the biggest advances over its little brother, the Solo, is the ability to amplify Moving Coil (MC) type cartridges. These have an even lower output than Moving Magnet (MM) type cartridges and therefore require dedicated amplification. Once correctly amplified, however, the sound quality is stunning with a smoother yet more detailed sound usually possible. If you're serious about vinyl then fitting a good quality Moving Coil cartridge is an upgrade that comes highly recommended.
Why Consider The Duo?
Note:RCA Leads are not included! Click here to see all interconnects.
Compatibility: Cambridge Audio has a passion for creating high-value audio gear that captures every last drop of detail and emotion from your music. Cambridge Audio’s Duo has been designed to complement the wide range of Turntables available today. This high-quality yet extraordinary value pre-amplifier contains the amplification required to enable you to connect your Turntable to your stereo Amplifier or Home Theatre Receiver. The Duo works with all popular Turntables that use either a Moving Magnet cartridge (the type with a removable stylus or needle) or a higher spec Turntable with a low output Moving Coil cartridge and if the latter is your choice then the Duo is the absolute minimum you need.
Do I Really Need A Separate Phono Pre-amplifier?
Main Features & Specifications
- Design: Phono Pre-amplifier With Moving Magnet (MM) Input Stage
- Gain Stage: Single-ended ‘Class A’ gain stage with audiophile passive RIAA equalisation
- Chassis: Acoustically damped full metal chassis with thick brushed aluminium front panel
- Balance Control: For fine correction of cartridge imbalance
- Discrete Transistors: For the all-important input stages instead of the more common integrated circuits
- Analogue Output: L & R RCA Outputs (Leads NOT included)
- Analogue Input: L & R RCA Inputs
- Ground Terminal: Located on rear panel
- Gain @ 1kHz (MM): 39dB
- Gain @ 1kHz (MC): 60dB
- Input Impedance (MM): 47kOhm
- Input Impedance (MC): 100Ohm
- Input Capacitance: 100pF
- Nominal Output: 300mV
- Sensitivity For Nominal Output (MM): 3.35mV
- Sensitivity For Nominal Output (MC): 305uV
- Overload Margin: >30dB
- THD 20Hz - 20kHz (MM): <0.0025%
- THD 20Hz - 20kHz (MC): <0.20%
- RIAA Curve Accuracy: < +/-0.3dB 30Hz-50kHz
- S/N Ratio (MM): >90dB (using Audio Precision RIAA-1 with grounded inputs)
- S/N Ratio (MC): >70dB (using Audio Precision RIAA-1 with grounded inputs)
- Crosstalk @ 20kHz (MM): >85dB
- Crosstalk @ 20kHz (MC): >75dB
- Power Input Voltage: 230V 50Hz
- Max Power Consumption: 10 Watts
- On/Off Switch: Located on Front Panel
- Finish: Grey
- Dimensions(WxHxD): 215 x 48 x 159mm
- Nett Weight 0.95Kg
- Manufacturer's Warranty: 2 Years
Note: Features & Specifications Subject To Change Without Notice. E&OE.