Cambridge Audio AXR100D Stereo Receiver (Grey)
Please Note: This item is usually in stock and ready for despatch. Please note that it may not be on demonstration or available for immediate in-store collection.
2 x 100 Watts RMS Output For Rock Solid Performance, DAB+/FM Radio
Optical & Coaxial Digital, RCA Line, 3.5mm Aux & MM Phono Inputs plus Bluetooth Audio Streaming
Headphones, Subwoofer & A/B Speaker Outputs
The Cambridge Audio AXR100D Stereo Receiver features a powerful amplifier combined with good connectivity including dedicated Digital inputs for a TV, computer or CD player, Phono input for a turntable, DAB+/FM radio and Bluetooth for streaming from a phone or tablet. Save on space and build on convenience and style, with the Cambridge Audio AXR100D stereo receiver.
About Cambridge Audio AXR100D Stereo Receiver
Packing a powerful amp with Bluetooth connectivity, Digital inputs and a quality DAB+/FM radio, the Cambridge Audio AXR100D is your one-stop solution to all-inclusive stereo playback.
Punchy Performer With Two Sets Of Speaker Outputs: Packing a hefty 100 watts per channel, the AXR100D has enough grunt to fill larger rooms with clean, effortless sound. Twin speaker outlets mean you can have a pair of speakers in another room or spread four speakers around a large, open-plan space.
Your Whole System Connected – Including A Turntable: Featuring a phono input for a turntable with a MM (moving magnet) cartridge, the AXR100D is the perfect amp for a vinyl based system. It doesn’t end there, though. Three RCA phono inputs are ideal for a CD player, streamer, games console and even your TV set-top box. Three digital inputs can accommodate a wide range of sources such as a TV, computer or CD player and there’s also a 3.5mm AUX input at the front that’s handy for temporary connections – such as an MP3 player or smartphone. For more bass, you can add your choice of active subwoofer via the dedicated Subwoofer output.
Built-In Bluetooth Audio Streaming: The Cambridge Audio AXR100D features built-in Bluetooth 5.0 with support for wireless audio streaming (A2DP) and control (AVRCP). You'll be able to wirelessly stream stored music, music apps, and other audio content on your Bluetooth-enabled source device (such as your smartphone, tablet, laptop, or computer) to the AXR100 stereo receiver. You'll also be able to control basic playback functions, such as Play/Pause and Previous/Next Track from the included remote. Advanced music navigation and song/artist information will still be done from your Bluetooth source device. The receiver can pair with up to 8 devices, but only one can be used for playback at a time. The unit will automatically connect with the last paired device when in wireless range (up to 10 metres).
Optical & Coaxial Digital Inputs: The Cambridge Audio AXR100D is equipped with a with two optical (toslink) digital inputs and one coaxial (RCA) digital input for connection of a CD player, DVD player, or TV. The digital inputs support 2ch PCM audio (16- or 24-bit / 32-192kHz).
Tune In: Covering all the bases, the Cambridge Audio AXR100D also features a built-in FM/DAB+ radio. With 30 presets, you can quickly call up all your favourite stations. The RDS (Radio Data System) FM tuner displays the radio name and gives other display information.
Binding Post A/B Speaker Terminals: The Cambridge Audio AXR100D is equipped with a A & B speaker terminals for connecting up to two pairs of loudspeakers or bi-wiring a single pair of loudspeakers. These binding post terminals will accept bare wire and banana plugs. There are some small plastic caps that need to be removed from the binding post terminals in order to use banana plugs. When connecting a single pair of speakers you can use 4 Ohm to 8 Ohm compatible speakers. When connecting two pair of loudspeakers or when bi-wiring a single pair of loudspeaker you must use only 8 Ohm compatible speakers.
Headphone Jack: The front-panel headphone jack allows for connection of a set of stereo headphones with an impedance between 32 and 600-ohms. Connecting a set of headphones will automatically mute the stereo receiver's speaker outputs.
USB Charging Port: There is a USB-A port located on the back of the AXR100D stereo receiver that can be used to charge your smartphone or tablet, or supply power to a Bluetooth adapter. This USB port does not support audio playback.
Simple Control: The Cambridge Audio AXR-100D stereo receiver offers front-panel controls for simple, convenient operation. The included IR remote provides wireless operation of the stereo receiver.
- Volume/Mute: A front-panel rotary knob or push-buttons on the remote control the volume level of the receiver's speaker outputs, subwoofer output, and headphone output. It does not affect the level of the Record Output. There is also a Mute function on the remote control.
- Tone & Balance: You'll be able to adjust Bass (100Hz) & Treble (20kHz) from -10 to +10dB, as well as adjust the balance in sound output between the connected left and right speakers.
Front-Panel Display: The front-panel display indicates selected input source, station identification, and menu selections; as well as volume and tone levels.
Sleek New Style: The entire Cambridge AX Series has a fresh new look that catches the eye. The Lunar Grey front panel contrasts with the black top and sides, making it ‘pop’ into crisp focus. The cool white display and logical layout give a timeless style that’s typical of the Cambridge Audio brand. The teardrop profile with wedge foot mirrors the CX Series, showing a strong family link between ranges.
Main Features & Specifications
- Product Description: Stereo DAB+/FM Stereo Receiver with Digital Inputs, Phono Input & Bluetooth
- Power Output: 2 x 100 Watts (into 8 Ohms)
- 4 Ohm capability allows use with a wide range of speakers
- Front Panel A/B speaker switching for two pairs of speakers
- 3 x Digital Inputs – 2 x Toslink Optical & 1 x Coaxial
- Digital Inputs: PCM 16-24-bit S/PDIF, Co-axial 32-192kHz, Toslink Optical 32-192kHz
- 3 x RCA Line Level Inputs
- 1 x MM (Moving Magnet) Phono Input for Turntables
- 1 x Front Panel 3.5mm Stereo Aux Input
- Bluetooth: For streaming from a smart phone, tablet or computer
- Compatibility: 5.0 A2DP/AVRCP supporting SBC
- 3 x Digital Inputs – 2 x Toslink Optical & 1 x Coaxial
- Stereo RCA Record Output
- Mono RCA Subwoofer Output
- Front Panel Full Size 6.35mm Headphone Socket
- Two Pair Binding Post Speaker Connectors
- Amplifier Section
- THD (Unweighted): <0.01% @ 1kHz, 80% of rated power <0.15% 20Hz - 20kHz, 80% of rated power
- Frequency Response (-1DB): 5Hz - 50kHz
- S/N Ratio (REF 1W): >82dB (unweighted)
- Input Impedances: 47k ohms
- Power Amp Damping Factor: >50
- Standby Power Consumption: <0.5W
- Max. Power Consumption: 550W
- Bass/Treble Controls: Shelving, ultimate boost/cut +/- 10dB @ 100Hz and 20kHz
- Subwoofer Output: 200Hz 2nd order L+R Level follows volume setting
- Tuner Section
- Tuner Bands: DAB+ (174.928-239.200kHz) FM (87.5-108MHz)
- Aerial Inputs: DAB+/FM 75 ohms, Coaxial
- Signal To Noise (Tuner): 60dB typical (FM), 90dB typical (DAB+)
- Distortion (Tuner): <0.4% @ 1kHz 50kHz deviation (FM mono) <0.05% @ 1kHz (DAB+)
- Dimensions (WxHxD): 430 x 110 x 340mm
- Weight: 8.1kg
- Manufacturer's Warranty: 2 Years
Note: Features & Specifications Subject To Change Without Notice. E&OE.