B&W PI5 True In-Ear Headphones (White)
Wireless And USB-C Charging Case, Bluetooth 5.0 With aptX, Active Noise Cancellation
Big 9.2mm Full Range Dynamic Drivers
IP54 Water Resistance (Buds Only), Up To 24.5 Hours Total Charge
Delayed - No Current ETA
About The Bowers & Wilkins PI5 In Ear Headphones
Experience the freedom of true wireless in-ear headphones! The B&W PI5 in ear headphones are a quality solution for those looking for great sound, great comfort and great build quality. They are attractively designed, feel good in the hand and great in the ears and feature active noise cancelling, CD quality aptX Bluetooth and wireless charging.
True Wireless (TWS) In-Ear Headphones are immensely popular, but most currently available designs represent a compromise choice, one that trades sound quality for wireless convenience. Bowers & Wilkins has always insisted this issue would need to be addressed before the company could consider launching its own TWS products.
Now, after an extensive period of development, Bowers & Wilkins is proud to bring the brand’s famous True Sound promise of absolute performance to the True Wireless In-Ear Headphone category. The PI5 offers all the sound quality that music lovers have come to expect from a Bowers & Wilkins products, coupled to an extensive array of smart and convenience features, exceptional call quality and beautiful, premium design.
The PI5 supports Qualcomm aptX wireless transmission from compatible mobile devices, allowing for high quality music transmission from suitable streaming services. The PI5 uses TWS+ technology for robust, high-quality earbud-to-earbud synchronisation, coupled to a single 9.2mm Bowers & Wilkins-developed bespoke drive unit in each earbud. The PI5 supports CD-quality playback thanks to the inclusion of high-quality aptX wireless transmission of music from an aptX-compatible mobile device. PI5 also offers seamless access to user-selectable noise cancelling plus an ambient pass-through mode, and it features twin built-in microphones for high-quality phone calls.
B&W PI5 Smart Features
The PI5 can be configured via the Bowers & Wilkins companion App and has a simple one-button user interface – a single capacitive button that can perform multiple tasks simply and elegantly – coupled to voice assistant support via either Siri or Google Assistant, depending on the connected device.
Multiple source devices can be wirelessly paired to the PI5, allowing the user to easily and conveniently reconnect to each source as and when needed – such as quickly switching from music on a phone to an online conference call on a laptop.
And the PI5 offers the convenience of wireless recharging compatible with a wide range of suitable accessories such as a Qi charger, plus a charging case that can recharge each earbud once its built-in battery life is exhausted. PI5 will operate for four and a half hours before it requires a recharge, with the case offering up to four full recharges – so you’ll always have plenty to entertain you on that long trip.
Our Take On The Bowers & Wilkins PI5 In-Ear Headphones
Just like its bigger brother the PI5 features Ture Wireless freedom with great sound and all the convenience you could need. Extremely comfortable and light, the PI5 In-Ears have that premium feel that Bowers & Wilkins bring to all their products. Active noise cancelling is a highlight along with the advantage of Qualcomm aptX CD quality wireless transmission from compatible mobile devices. If you’re in the market for some quality In-Ear Headphones around this price point then the PI5’s deserve to be right at the top of your short list.
Main Features & Specifications
- Design: In-Ear True Wireless Headphones
- True Wireless design with Qualcomm aptX
- Four Separate Microphones for calls and ANC – two per earbud
- Active Noise Cancelling
- Smart Charging Case supports wireless charging and USB-C charging
- Fast Charging Support
- Free Bowers & Wilkins Headphones App available to control advanced features
- Bluetooth 5.0 with aptX
- Bluetooth Profiles
- A2DP v1.3.1
- AVRCP v1.6.1
- HFP v1.7.1
- HSP v1.2
- BLE GATT (Generic Attribute Profile)
- Drive Unit: 9.2mm Full Range Dynamic Drive Unit
- Frequency Range: 10Hz to 20kHz
- Distortion (THD): <0.3% (1kHz/10mW)
- Battery Life: Up to 4.5 hours for earbuds, additional 20 hours from charge case. Total 24.5 hours.
- 15 minute charge gives 2 hours of battery life
- IP54 Water Resistance rating (buds only)
- PI5 Carton Contents: PI5 headphones with ear tips (medium), charging case, 20cm USB-C to USB-C cable, extra ear tips (small & large), literature pack
- Please Note: Wall Charger not included
- Available Colours: Charcoal or White
- Case Dimensions (WxHxD): 60 x 57 x 28mm
- Weight: 8g per earbud, 47g for charge case, 61g combined
- Manufacturer's Warranty: 2 Years
Note: Features & Specifications Subject To Change Without Notice. E&OE