B&W MT55 Speaker Pack (White)
Solid Performing 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker System With Active Subwoofer
Includes 5 x B&W M-1 Satellite Speakers With Wall Brackets & Bases
A B&W ASW-610 Subwoofer With 250mm Driver & 200 Watt Amp Is Also Included
The MT-55 5.1 Hi-Fi speaker system combines a total of 5 B&W M-1 speakers, with the relatively compact, yet powerful 200 Watt ASW-610 subwoofer for a very impressive surround sound experience. If you are a B&W enthusiast you will love this mini package.
Forming the basis of a completely revised Mini Theatre concept, the B&W M-1 satellite speaker combines a cleaner aesthetic with dramatically improved performance. Combined with the ASW-608 subwoofer creates a home theatre experience with superb integration and impressive power for such a discreet system.
M1 Satellite Speakers: From the inside out, the M-1 was conceived as a unified system. Its design has evolved in a totally integrated way, from the custom-made crossover to the two-piece clamshell cabinet.
And now, following a complete technological overhaul, including all-new drive units designed in-house by B&W engineers, they sound better than ever. Dispersion has increased. Imaging is pin-point accurate. Performance is now full range. In fact, the improvement is such that a pair of M-1s will happily take on the role of your dedicated stereo and surround sound speakers, although any small satellite needs a subwoofer for the low bass that is so necessary for great audio.
The speaker’s versatility allows it to adapt perfectly to any home environment, no matter how awkward the space. You can put the M-1s on a bookshelf. Or mount it them on a wall. Or position it on its own floor-length stand (sold separately). Available in a choice of Matte Black or Matte White finishes, its clamshell cabinet is formed from just two interlocking, continuously curving sections. It all adds up to stunning sound, whatever you are listening to.
ASW-610 Subwoofer: Its long-throw 250mm driver allows the ASW-610 to move the large volumes of air needed for high-quality low-frequency output, and its audiophile-standard 200 Watt Class D amplifier keeps the unit running cool, even when the music or movie action is whipping up a storm.
In all of the 600 Series subwoofers, the bass driver diaphragms are constructed from a rugged, finely-tuned mix of paper pulp, Kevlar® fibres and resin, which provides the stiffness needed to withstand the tremendous physical forces exerted by the voice coil and pressures inside the cabinet.
Kevlar: Kevlar® has been a Bowers & Wilkins hallmark since 1974 – and for good reason. Impregnated with a stiffening resin, and then treated with a polymer coat that seals the fibre and adds damping, Kevlar maintains a more constant dispersion pattern at all frequencies in its range than any other cone material. The result? Far fewer delayed, time-smearing sounds, and an exceptionally clean, precise performance.
Ultra-solid construction delivers slamming bass, drum kicks, and special movie effects. Deformation is minimised; bass precision, power and enjoyment are maximised.
Even better, it integrates beautifully with the M-1 satellites, creating a coherent, seamless soundscape. Ultra-solid construction and a Class D amplifier deliver maximum bass precision and minimum deformation.
Main Features & Specifications
Design: Compact 5.1 surround sound speaker system
M-1 Satellite Speakers
- Technical Features: Nautilus™ tube loaded tweeter with aluminium dome
- Woven glass fibre cone bass / midrange
- Description: 2-way vented-box system
- Quantity Included: 5
- Drive Units:
- 1x 25mm (1") aluminium dome high-frequency
- 1x 100mm (4") woven glass fibre cone bass/midrange
- Frequency Range: -6dB at 55Hz and 50kHz
- Frequency Response: 64Hz - 23kHz ±3dB on reference axis
- Dispersion: Within 2dB of reference response
- Sensitivity: 85dB spl (2.83V, 1m)
- Harmonic Distortion: 2nd and 3rd harmonics (90dB, 1m)
- Nominal Impedance: 8 Ohms (minimum 4 Ohms)
- Crossover Frequency: 4kHz
- Recommended Amplifier Power: 20W - 100W into 8Ω on unclipped programme
- Recommended Cable Impedance: 0.1 Ohms
- Table Stands and Wall Brackets: Included
- Dimensions (WxHxD): 114 x 248 x 162mm
- Nett Weight: 2.3kg each
- Colour: White (also available in Black)
- Manufacturer's Warranty: 5-Years. Does not cover misuse
- Design: Active closed-box subwoofer
- Drive Unit: 1x 250mm (10") paper/Kevlar® cone long-throw
- Frequency Range: -6dB at 23Hz and 25/140Hz adjustable (EQ at A)
- Frequency Response: ±3dB 32Hz – 40/140Hz adjustable (EQ at A)
- Bass Extension: -6dB at 23Hz (position A), -6dB at 28Hz (position B), -6dB at 36Hz (position C)
- Low-Pass Filter: Active 4th-order, variable cut-off frequency
- Amplifier Power Output: 200 Watts
- Rated Power Consumption: 40 Watts/ 0.5Watt standby
- Impedance: 33k Ohms Signal/noise: >90dB
- Volume level – line in,
- Volume level – speaker in,
- Low-pass filter frequency,
- Low-pass filter bypass (line in only),
- Bass extension, Bass roll-off alignment,
- Auto sense on/standby,
- Phase switch Inputs:
- Line In (RCA Phono),
- Speaker in (Binding post),
- 12v trigger (3.5mm jack)
- Dimensions: (WxHxD): 310 x 310 x 375mm
- Nett Weight: 12.5kg
- Manufacturers Warranty: 2-Years. Does not cover misuse.
Note: Features & Specifications Subject To Change Without Notice. Accessories In Illustration Sold Separately. E&OE