B&W MT30 Speaker Pack (White)
The MT-30 2.1 Hi-Fi speaker system combines a pair of B&W M-1 speakers, with the amazing and technologically advanced PV1D subwoofer for a very impressive stereo sound experience. If you are a B&W enthusiast you will love this mini package.
Forming the basis of a completely revised Mini Speaker concept, the B&W M-1 satellite speaker combines a cleaner aesthetic with dramatically improved performance. Combined with the beautifully sculptured PV1D subwoofer, they create a home entertainment experience with superb integration and impressive power for such a discreet system.
M1 Satellite Speakers: From the inside out, the M-1 was conceived as a unified system. Its design has evolved in a totally integrated way, from the custom-made crossover to the two-piece clamshell cabinet.
And now, following a complete technological overhaul, including all-new drive units designed in-house by B&W engineers, they sound better than ever. Dispersion has increased. Imaging is pin-point accurate. Performance is now full range. In fact, the improvement is such that a pair of M-1s will happily take on the role of your dedicated stereo speakers, although any small satellite needs a subwoofer for the low bass that is so necessary for great audio.
The speaker’s versatility allows it to adapt perfectly to any home environment, no matter how awkward the space. You can put the M-1 on a bookshelf. Or mount it on a wall. Or position it on its own floor-length stand (sold separately). Available in a choice of Matte Black or Matte White finishes, its clamshell cabinet is formed from just two interlocking, continuously curving sections. It all adds up to stunning sound, whatever you are listening to.
PV1D Subwoofer: Just take a look at the PV1D. Wow! If you're ready for something different and unique, then look no further. When you’ve pushed the boundaries of technological design further than anyone thought possible, what do you do? Simple: you keep pushing. The PV1 was long regarded as something of an icon in domestic subwoofer design, both for its striking shape and superlative sonic performance. But by introducing a digital dimension for the upgraded PV1D, we think they’ve gone one better.
The PV1D’s inherent stability means it can be pushed just that bit further. The symmetrical mounting of its twin drive units keeps the subwoofer perfectly balanced and anchored to the floor. So there’s no rattle when it rumbles. The back-to-back arrangement also further improves the distribution of pressure inside the speaker. Coupled to an all-new amplifier generating 400 Watts of power, the drivers have the dynamics and control to deliver all a subwoofer should. A big sound from a small bubble.
Adopting the digital platform developed for the flagship DB1 subwoofer allows the PV1D to be fine tuned and controlled with more precision than its predecessor. The DSP system in the PV1D extends its low-end capability. The dynamic bass EQ monitors the amount of low-end boost delivered to ensure both the amplifier and drive units work harmoniously together. It also offers user-adjustable equalisation to suit different applications. For example, do you love the visceral deep-bass impact of special movie sound effects? Or maybe you prefer a flatter response, to compensate for a more resonant listening environment? Whatever your listening tastes, with a full range of EQ options at your disposal, the choice is entirely up to you.
Kevlar: Kevlar® has been a Bowers & Wilkins hallmark since 1974 – and for good reason. Impregnated with a stiffening resin, and then treated with a polymer coat that seals the fibre and adds damping, Kevlar maintains a more constant dispersion pattern at all frequencies in its range than any other cone material. The result? Far fewer delayed, time-smearing sounds, and an exceptionally clean, precise performance.
Ultra-solid construction delivers slamming bass, drum kicks, and special movie effects. Deformation is minimised; bass precision, power and enjoyment are maximised.
Even better, it integrates beautifully with the M-1 satellites, creating a coherent, seamless soundscape. Ultra-solid construction and a Class D amplifier deliver maximum bass precision and minimum deformation.
Main Features & Specifications
Design: Compact 2.1 speaker system
M-1 Satellite Speakers
- Technical Features: Nautilus™ tube loaded tweeter with aluminium dome
- Woven glass fibre cone bass / midrange
- Description: 2-way vented-box system
- Drive Units:
- 1x 25mm (1") aluminium dome high-frequency
- 1x 100mm (4") woven glass fibre cone bass/midrange
- Frequency Range: -6dB at 55Hz and 50kHz
- Frequency Response: 64Hz - 23kHz ±3dB on reference axis
- Dispersion: Within 2dB of reference response
- Sensitivity: 85dB spl (2.83V, 1m)
- Harmonic Distortion: 2nd and 3rd harmonics (90dB, 1m)
- Nominal Impedance: 8 Ohms (minimum 4 Ohms)
- Crossover Frequency: 4kHz
- Recommended Amplifier Power: 20W - 100W into 8Ω on unclipped programme
- Recommended Cable Impedance: 0.1 Ohms
- Table Stands and Wall Brackets: Included
- Dimensions (WxHxD): 114 x 248 x 162mm
- Nett Weight: 2.3kg each
- Colour: White (also available in Black)
- Manufacturer's Warranty: 5-Years. Does not cover misuse
- Design: Active closed-box subwoofer
- Drive Unit: 2 x 200mm paper/Kevlar® aluminium cone long-throw
- Amplifier Power Output: 400 Watt
- Rated Power Consumption: 150 Watt/ 1 Watt standby
- Impedance: 100k
- Signal/noise: >100dB
- 5 Presets
- Low-pass filter frequency
- Low-pass filter slope,
- Low-pass filter phase,
- Gain (digital)
- Input sensitivity (analogue)
- Trigger on/standby,
- Trigger preset switching
- Auto on/standby,
- RS-232 automation control
- Line In (RCA Phono),
- Speaker in (Binding post)
- Dimensions (WxHxD): 270 x 342 x 358mm
- Nett Weight: 18.7kg
- Colour: Matte White (available in Matte Black)
- Manufacturers Warranty: 2-Years (Covers faulty workmanship and materials, but not abuse).
Note: Features & Specifications Subject To Change Without Notice. E&OE