B&W ASW608 Subwoofer
Please Note: This item is in stock and ready for despatch. Please note that it may not be on demonstration or available for immediate in-store collection.
Compact Audiophile-Standard 200 Watt Class D Amplifier
Custom Designed Long Throw 200mm (8") Paper/Kevlar Fibre Cone
Includes Both Line-Level & Speaker Inputs
Designed In-House By B&W
About B&W ASW-608 Subwoofer
Providing the bass channel in your surround sound set up, the award-winning Bowers & Wilkins ASW608 offers extraordinary power and control from a fairly compact subwoofer..
Its long-throw 200mm driver allows the ASW608 to move the large volumes of air needed for high-quality low-frequency output, and its audiophile-standard 200 Watt Class D amplifier keeps the unit running cool, even when the music or movie action is whipping up a storm.
In all of the 600 Series subwoofers, the bass driver diaphragms are constructed from a rugged, finely-tuned mix of paper pulp, Kevlar® fibres and resin, which provides the stiffness needed to withstand the tremendous physical forces exerted by the voice coil and pressures inside the cabinet.
Kevlar: Kevlar® has been a Bowers & Wilkins hallmark since 1974 – and for good reason. Impregnated with a stiffening resin, and then treated with a polymer coat that seals the fibre and adds damping, Kevlar maintains a more constant dispersion pattern at all frequencies in its range than any other cone material. The result? Far fewer delayed, time-smearing sounds, and an exceptionally clean, precise performance.
Ultra-solid construction delivers slamming bass, drum kicks, and special movie effects. Deformation is minimised; bass precision, power and enjoyment are maximised.
Even better, it integrates beautifully with the M-1 satellites, creating a coherent, seamless soundscape. Ultra-solid construction and a Class D amplifier deliver maximum bass precision and minimum deformation.
Our Take On The ASW-608 Subwoofer
There are a number of "dinky-toy" type subwoofers like this one from B&W and it certainly will satisfy those who insist on something small and relatively inexpensive. The 200 Watt Class D amp is a good match to the 200mm driver and one cannot but be impressed with the solid cabinet. Obviously the ASW608 has a few shortcomings when it comes to getting down really low and that will be a problem if you intend to push it hard. Otherwise it delivers a fast and punchy performance.
Main Features & Specifications
- Design: Active closed-box subwoofer
- Drive Unit: 1x 200mm (8") paper/Kevlar® cone long-throw
- Frequency Range: -6dB at 23Hz and 25/140Hz adjustable (EQ at A)
- Frequency Response: ±3dB 32Hz – 40/140Hz adjustable (EQ at A)
- Bass Extension: -6dB at 23Hz (position A), -6dB at 28Hz (position B), -6dB at 36Hz (position C)
- Low-Pass Filter: Active 4th-order, variable cut-off frequency
- Amplifier Power Output: 200 Watt
- Rated Power Consumption: 40W/ 0.5W standby
- Impedance: 33k Ohms Signal/noise: >90dB
- Volume level – line in,
- Volume level – speaker in,
- Low-pass filter frequency,
- Low-pass filter bypass (line in only),
- Bass extension, Bass roll-off alignment,
- Auto sense on/standby,
- Phase switch Inputs:
- Line In (RCA Phono),
- Speaker in (Binding post),
- 12v trigger (3.5mm jack)
- Dimensions WxHxD): 260 x 260 x 330mm
- Finishes: Matte Black or Matte White
- Nett Weight: 8.85kg
- Manufacturers Warranty: 2-Years (Covers faulty workmanship and materials, but not abuse).
Note: Features & Specifications Subject To Change Without Notice. E&OE
- B&W FS700 S2 Speaker StandsPriced from $899.00
- B&W 607 S2 Anniversary Edition SpeakersPriced from $999.00
- B&W 606 S2 Anniversary Edition SpeakersPriced from $1,299.00
- B&W 603 S2 Anniversary Edition SpeakersPriced from $2,999.00
- Yamaha RX-V385 Home Theatre ReceiverSpecial Price $495.00 (Normally Regular Price $649.00 )
- Denon AVR-X550BT Home Theatre ReceiverSpecial Price $625.00 (Normally Regular Price $699.00 )
- Yamaha RX-V4A 8K Home Theatre ReceiverSpecial Price $875.00 (Normally Regular Price $999.00 )