Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport
Please Note: This product is in stock at our supplier's warehouse and will be ready for pickup or immediate despatch within 1-2 days. Thank you for shopping at Audio Trends.
Extremely Robust & Reliable Dedicated CD Transport
Slot Loading Mechanism With Read Ahead Digital Buffering
Optical & Coaxial Digital Audio Output, Remote Control
Perfectly Matched To The Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier/DAC
About The Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport
Audiolab’s further addition to the 6000 range of products is the 6000CDT CD Transport. Boasting the same slot-loading mechanism as Audiolab’s flagship CD player the 8300CD, the 6000CDT will be able to play scratched and damaged CDs that are unreadable by conventional mechanisms.
The 6000CDT is the latest CD transport from Audiolab which uses some drip-down tech from their flagship CD player. Using Audiolab’s slot loading mechanism, the transport uses read-ahead digital buﬀering to reduce disc reading failures and deliver the highest level of digital signal extraction from a wide range of CDs, even capable of reading scratched and damaged CDs that are unreadable by conventional mechanisms. The onboard digital decoder utilises digital coax and optical outputs to deliver the maximum versatility.
The master clock is controlled by a temperature-compensated crystal oscillator, enabling the digital output from both coaxial and optical sockets to exhibit vanishingly low levels of jitter (digital distortion). In addition, the coaxial output is fed from a differential line driver to ensure a flawless digital signal reaches the accompanying DAC – naturally, the 32-bit DAC section in the 6000A integrated amp is a superb sonic match.
By mounting the transport in its own, electromagnetically shielded enclosure, and including a dedicated power supply, the digital signal extraction from any CD is as accurate and precise as it is possible to achieve.
Note: The 6000CDT is just a CD transport mechanism and as such does not have analogue outputs!
CD Transport or CD Player? What’s The Difference?
Traditional CD players have a built-in DAC (digital to analogue convertor) which means that there’s an analogue audio output. CD transports differ as they don’t have any analogue or digital to analogue components in them or any filters to improve the analogue sound. Instead they pass on the digital audio signal straight on to a DAC or an amplifier with a DAC via digital outputs like coaxial or optical outputs. Connecting to an amplifier or DAC via the digital output means that the signal remains in its original digital form for as long as possible, unlike traditional CD players. As the signal remains digital and turns analogue at the very last minute and with a minimum of extra cables and connections, the signal will suffer less from analogue signal deterioration. This way the sound you’re hearing is much closer to the original recording.
The main advantage of using a CD transport instead of a CD player is the versatile and flexible options it can give you. Using an external DAC means you can tailor the sound and features exactly how you want them. You’re no longer restricted to using the built-in DAC of a CD player and can utilise other high-quality components you might have in your system. With fewer jobs to do your CD transport can focus on the more important things and perform at its best.
In The News
“The 6000CDT is a bargain – a true quality item at a price that often doesn’t buy you much of anything. Everything from its look and feel to the way it plays compact discs is worthy of respect.” Hi-Fi Choice 5 Star Review
Main Features & Specifications
- Design: Dedicated CD Transport
- Digital Output Level: 550+-50mVpp
- Digital Output Impedance: 75 ohm
- Frequency Response: -0.01dB
- Total Harmonic Distortion: <0.001% (1kHz)
- Signal-to-noise Ratio (S/N): 115dB
- Sampling Rate: 44.1 kHz
- Digital Output: 1 x Coaxial, 1 x Optical
- Automation: Includes 12 Volt Trigger In/Out
- Power Cable: Detachable IEC cable is easily upgraded
- Standby Power Consumption: <0.5W
- Power Requirements: 220-230V – 50/60Hz
- Available Finishes: Black & Silver
- Dimensions (WxHxD): 445 x 65.5 x 300 mm
- Net Weight: 5.4 kg
- Manufacturer's Warranty: 2 Years
Note: Features & Specifications Subject To Change Without Notice. E&OE
- Audiolab 6000A Stereo AmplifierPriced from $1,325.00 (Normally Regular Price $1,699.00 )
- Audiolab 6000A Play Stereo AmplifierPriced from $1,637.00 (Normally Regular Price $2,099.00 )
- Audiolab 8300A Stereo AmplifierPriced from $1,988.00 (Normally Regular Price $2,549.00 )
- Sonus faber Lumina I Bookshelf SpeakersPriced from $1,595.00
- Wharfedale Denton 85 SpeakersPriced from $1,287.00 (Normally Regular Price $1,649.99 )
- B&W 707 S2 SpeakersPriced from $1,599.00