Anthem MRX 1140 Home Theatre Receiver
Please Note: This item is usually in stock and ready for despatch. Please note that it may not be on demonstration or available for immediate in-store collection.
11.2 Channel AV Receiver, Dolby Atmos, DTS:X & IMAX Enhanced
5 x 140 Watts Per Channel Class AB, 6 x 60 Watts per Channel Class D
Advanced Anthem ARC Genesis Speaker Calibration System
Bluetooth, Apple AirPlay 2, Google Chromecast, Zone 2 HDMI Output
The Anthem MRX 1140 Audio Visual Receiver is their new top of the range model with a list of features and specifications that befits a flagship model. With 140 watts per channel and a staggering 15.2 channel pre-amplifier outputs this receiver can certainly step up, sound wise, in even the most adventurous home theatre systems. But it also incorporates the latest surround processing such as IMAX Enhanced, DTS:X Pro and of course Dolby Atmos and also has proprietary technology on-board like ARC Genesis room correction for the perfect sound in any room.
About The Anthem MRX 1140 Home Theatre Receiver
The Anthem MRX 1140 is surely one of the most desirable AV products currently available. It has an amazing array of features, connections that go on forever, the same understated good looks as the rest of the latest Anthem range and a price that is absolutely spot on. Let’s start with some of the biggest numbers – it has 140 watts of Class AB amplification over the 5 main channels with a further 60 watts of Class D amplification powering the remaining 6 surround and Dolby Atmos channels, along with a total of 15.2 channel preamplifier outputs available via RCA. So that means, if you add a couple of extra power amps, you have the option to shoehorn 6 Atmos speakers, 9 front & surround speakers and 2 subwoofers into your poor unsuspecting AV room if you so desire. This gives it the ability to handle the most complex object-oriented surround formats like Dolby Atmos, DTS:X Pro & IMAX Enhanced and being able to handle 2 independent subwoofers means the bass will have no trouble keeping up with all those speakers.
The MRX 1140 features a modernised design with high-resolution front panel display, and Anthem's “next generation multi-core DSP”, and an all-new electronics platform that supports the aforementioned 15.2 channels, HDMI 2.0b and HDCP 2.2. There's also a new networking platform with web-based setup and over-the-air updates. Using a phone, tablet or laptop, owners can easily access any function or setting and make changes on the fly.
This is what Anthem had to say about the new range. "Each line up has been refreshed with careful thought regarding the features and capabilities that enthusiasts want and need. The new releases are a culmination of the research and learnings from the past five years and make Anthem the ultimate powerhouse of any home theatre or media room." John Bagby, Managing Director, Paradigm Electronics Inc, parent company of Anthem
A Closer Look
Since the original AVM 50 and Statement D2 A/V, music lovers and home theatre enthusiasts have coveted Anthem’s premium audio visual receivers. Featuring industry-leading room correction, expert management of the latest audio formats and robust integration, the Anthem is the ultimate nerve centre of any premium home theatre or media room. The MRX 1140 is Anthem's new ‘flagship’ AVR and has everything you could desire and probably quite a bit more. With upgraded audio circuitry, 2 independent subwoofer outputs and a 32-bit AKM AK4458VN DAC with 768kHz sampling capability, it represents Anthem’s vision for audio visual excellence.
Object-oriented audio codecs have been updated with support for up to 15.2 channels, as well as built-in streaming support for Apple AirPlay2, Google Chromecast, Bluetooth, Spotify Connect (coming soon) and Roon (coming soon). Video support includes 7 HDMI 2.0 inputs with 2 outputs, plus eARC for seamless integration with smart TVs. Perfect passthrough of Ultra HD signals at up to 18.2 Gbps with Dolby Vision, HDR or Hybrid Log Gamma ensuring optimal presentation of your visual media.
Putting The Power Where You Need It Most: Anthem have cleverly put the highest output channels where they are needed most instead of trying to send the same amplification to all 11 speakers. To be specific, the MRX 1140 has Class AB amplification for the front left, centre, right and two surrounds rated at 140 continuous which will drive even power hungry speakers to quite decent levels. The remaining 6 surround and Dolby Atmos channels are rated at a quite sufficient 60 watts per channel continuous in Class D mode which gives plenty of oomph for those channels but has the benefit of saving space and running cool, calm and collected inside the MRX 1140.
New ARC Genesis Room Correction: Your room has a bigger impact on the sound than any component in your system. Anthem's new ARC Genesis is an easy to use room correction system that gives your sound a huge improvement. ARC takes out all the big peaks to let you hear your home theatre and music soundtracks the way the engineers intended. This new generation of Anthem AV products features the latest version of ARC Genesis Room correction and the redesigned and higher precision calibration microphone. New features include support for both Mac and Windows, new target curve adjustment options including deep bass and high frequencies, improved algorithms and much more. This third generation of Anthem Room Correction software represents a significant leap forward in room correction with the most comprehensive set of features yet. ARC Genesis transforms the audio performance of compatible speakers or electronics while retaining the unique character of any room. Proprietary Digital Signal Processing (DSP) software works in tandem with a calibrated microphone to provide astonishing improvements to the sound you hear.
Introducing Anthem Web User Interface: The Anthem Web User Interface is now built into all MRX Receivers and AVM Processors. Using a phone, tablet or laptop, owners can easily access any function or setting and make changes on the fly. Power the main or second zone on and off, adjust volume, change audio modes or tweak channel trims for a perfect surround sound experience. The Web UI can also be used to calibrate speaker delays and levels and configure network settings/control options. Source devices can be renamed, simplifying set up by enabling the elimination of unused inputs. Installers can import and export files to make remote management simple and convenient.
Channel Re-Assignment: MRX Series Receiver channels can be assigned in many ways. Unused amplifier channels can be re-assigned to bi-amplify demanding front speakers, power surrounds, presence speakers, or a second zone (Available on MRX 1140 and MRX 740). Configure amplifier channels for your system's needs, then perfect the presentation with ARC Genesis.
Latest Audio & Video Features: New features, capabilities and robust integration position the Anthem AVX Series as the ultimate control centre of premium home theatre and audio. The MRX 1140 is designed to offer a breathtaking home theatre experience with the most advanced audio and video processing features.
- IMAX Enhanced: IMAX Enhanced is the only way to experience IMAX’s signature picture, sound and scale in the home, IMAX Enhanced combines digitally remastered 4K HDR content and DTS audio technologies with best-in-class consumer electronics products and streaming platforms
- Dolby Atmos: Sound has never sounded this good. Feel a deeper connection to the stories and music you love with sound that moves all around you with breathtaking realism
- DTS:X Pro: DTS:X is the next-generation audio codec from DTS that leverages object-based audio to enable new audio experiences in immersion and interactivity. Greater spatial resolution and realism in premium home cinema technology is now possible with DTS:X® Pro technology, which supports up to 32 connected speakers, even from overhead. Experience how truly immersive audio transforms your favourite movies, music and games.
- Dolby Vision: Feel the story’s full emotional impact, bringing your entertainment to life with an ultra-vivid picture, brighter highlights, and darker shadows.
Robust Integration: The Anthem MRX 1140 features external control and IP control capabilities for easy customization and compatibility with third-party integration solutions. It offers IP control capability for major third-party control devices including Control 4, Savant, RTI, Crestron, Elan and more.
Almost Limitless Possibilities: The Anthem MRX 1140 features 11 amplification channels and, with an extra amplifier or two, support for as many as 15 speakers and 2 subwoofers to handle the latest Dolby Atmos and DTS:X object-oriented audio codecs. Pair an MRX 1140 AV receiver with an Anthem MCA amplifier or two and you’ll achieve a sound that rivals commercial cinemas. The MRX 1140’s scalability means you can start with just the receiver itself and progress to more ambitious setups as your desire and funds allow. The MRX 1140 AVR can manage configurations up to 15.2 channels with ARC Genesis Room Correction ensuring the best possible sound at every seat. And you won’t need to hide your gear from view because Anthem’s modernized design extends to every component in their line-up.
Our Take On The Anthem MRX-1140 Home Theatre Receiver
As mentioned above, the Anthem MRX 1140 AV receiver is surely one of the most desirable AV products currently available. It really does offer an astonishing level of accomplishment for the money. We think that most every audio visual want, need, hope or desire that enthusiasts have on their wish list will be well and truly ticked off by the MRX 1140. And, unlike most other companies, Anthem don’t change their AV products every year. They spent 5 years developing this range to be as future proof as possible and they’ll probably spend 5 years developing the next. So that means you can purchase an Anthem setup now and relax and enjoy your home theatre system and not have to worry about upgrading again for a good long while to come.
The MRX 1140 really is a great example of what a well designed AV receiver can offer going forward. It has oodles of power, especially through the main channels and all the connectivity you could want including an ample 15.2 channels of processing power that allows you to create a home theatre system with up to 6 Atmos channels, 9 front & surround channels, and 2 subwoofers. This lets you reproduce the most complex object-oriented surround formats like Dolby Atmos & DTS:X Pro with ease. Anthem’s ground breaking ARC Genesis room correction software is also available to ensure your system sounds as good as possible no matter what type of room you have, taking outright performance to the next level. As if all this wasn’t enough the MRX 1140 looks sophisticated and modern with a clean design that cleverly hides the wealth of possibilities within.
Main Features & Specifications
Design: High performance 11.2 channel home theatre receiver
Power & Processing
- 11-channel amplifier
- 5 channels rated at 140 watts (Class AB)
- 6 channels rated at 60 watts (Class D)
- Dolby and DTS surround sound decoding
- Dolby Atmos and DTS:X processing for use with in-ceiling or "height" speakers for more enveloping home theatre sound
- IMAX Enhanced reproduces the full dynamic range of specially encoded IMAX soundtracks from compatible sources
- ARC Genesis speaker calibration system helps fine-tune your system to best match your room's acoustics
- Requires installation of free ARC Genesis software on a Mac or PC prior to calibration
- Audiophile-grade 32-bit/768kHz DAC (digital to analogue converter)
- Toroidal power supply ensures low-noise, high-performance picture and sound
- Large front-panel display gives you easy-to-read status updates at a glance
Digital & Streaming
- Built-in Bluetooth for wireless music listening with smartphones, tablets, and compatible computers
- Built-in Wi-Fi for listening to music from a networked PC, free internet radio, and music services
- Free future firmware update will include support for Spotify and Roon
- Apple AirPlay 2 lets you stream directly from an iPhone or iPad and ask Siri to play Apple Music (via free future firmware update)
- Google Chromecast for wireless music streaming from compatible devices
- Dual-room/dual-source output
- Amp assign function lets you use the surround back speaker outputs in different configurations like bi-amping the front speakers, or for use in Zone 2
- Using powered 2nd-room output allows 9.2-channel sound in main room
- Zone 2 stereo preamp outputs for use with an optional external amplifier
- Zone 2 HDMI output
- HDMI 2.0b audio/video switching: 7 in, 3 out
- All HDMI connections support 4K/60Hz video
- HDCP 2.2 technology ensures compatibility with Ultra HD sources and TVs
- HDR-compatible for extended picture contrast and brightness with compatible TVs and HDR-encoded content
- Supports HDR10, Dolby Vision, and HLG (Hybrid Log Gamma)
- Supports ARC (Audio Return Channel) and eARC (Enhanced Audio Return Channel)
- eARC receives uncompressed surround sound signals including Dolby Atmos and DTS:X via the HDMI connection with your compatible TV
- HDMI board is easily upgradeable to accommodate possible future hardware updates
- Digital audio inputs: 3 Toslink optical, 2 coaxial
- 5 analogue stereo RCA audio inputs
- 15.2-channel RCA preamp outputs
- Includes 2 discrete subwoofer outputs that can be calibrated independently
- Outputs for 11 speakers (Front L/R, Centre, Surround L/R, Surround Back L/R, Height1 L/R, Height2 L/R)
- Full-sized front-panel headphone jack
- Intuitive browser-based control interface
- Easily turn zones on and off, adjust settings, switch up speaker configurations, and more
- Supports smartphones, tablets, and computer browsers
- Support for IP-based third-party remote control systems
- Dimensions (WxHxD): 432 x 166 x 336mm (382mm including knobs & connections)
- Weight: 14.5kg
- Manufacturer's Warranty: 3 Years
Note: Features & Specifications Subject To Change Without Notice. E&OE
Paradigm Founder 80F SpeakersPriced from $6,499.00
Acoustic Energy AE509 SpeakersPriced from $4,725.00
Sonus faber Lumina III Floorstanding SpeakersPriced from $3,995.00
B&W 702 S2 SpeakersPriced from $6,895.00
REL T/7x SubwooferPriced from $1,999.00
SVS SB-2000 Pro SubwooferPriced from $1,484.00 (Normally Regular Price $1,649.00 )